Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Spellbound'
Spellbound Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- to render motionless, as with a fixed stare or by arousing terror or awe; "The snake charmer fascinates the cobra" [syn: fascinate, transfix, grip]
- attract strongly, as if with a magnet; "She magnetized the audience with her tricks" [syn: magnetize, mesmerize, mesmerise, magnetise, bewitch]
- put into a trance [syn: entrance] [also: spellbound]
adj : having your attention fixated as though by a spell [syn: fascinated,
hypnotized, hypnotised, mesmerized, mesmerised,
- Spellbind \Spell"bind`\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Spellbound; p.
pr. & vb. n. Spellbinding.]
To bind or hold by, or as if by, a spell or charm; to
fascinate, esp. by eloquence of speech, as in a political
campaign. -- Spell"bind`er, n.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Spellbound'
- Spellbound: Spellbound may refer to. Film and television : Spellbound (1916 film), a 1916 film with Lois Meredith Spellbound (1941 film), a 1941 film ...
- Spellbound!: Spellbound! was a computer game made by The Learning Company . The original game is compatible with computers running DOS 3.3 or higher ...
- Spellbound (1945 film): Spellbound is a psychological mystery thriller film directed by Alfred Hitchcock in 1945. It tells the story of the new head of a ...
- Spellbound (2002 film): Spellbound is a 2002 documentary that was directed by Jeffrey Blitz . The film follows eight competitors in the 1999 Scripps National ...
- Spellbound Entertainment: Spellbound is a German developer of computer games based in Kehl, Germany . The company was founded in 1994 by Armin Gessert . ...
- Spellbound (Paula Abdul album): Spellbound is the second studio album released by Paula Abdul in May 1991. The album was an international success and spawned major radio ...
- Spellbound (video game): Spellbound is a computer game that was designed and programmed by David Jones with music by Rob Hubbard and released in 1985 for the ZX ...
- Spellbound (Ten album): Spellbound is the fourth studio album released by the hard rock band Ten . Track listing: All songs written by Gary Hughes except where ...
- Spellbound (1941 film): Spellbound is a 1941 British drama film directed by John Harlow and starring Derek Farr , Vera Lindsay and Hay Petrie In an attempt to ...
- Spellbound (Tygers of Pan Tang album): Spellbound is the second album by British heavy metal band Tygers of Pan Tang , produced in 1981 on MCA . " "Gangland" was covered by ...
Words and phrases related to 'Spellbound'