Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Spellbound'
Spellbound Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- to render motionless, as with a fixed stare or by arousing terror or awe; "The snake charmer fascinates the cobra" [syn: fascinate, transfix, grip]
- attract strongly, as if with a magnet; "She magnetized the audience with her tricks" [syn: magnetize, mesmerize, mesmerise, magnetise, bewitch]
- put into a trance [syn: entrance] [also: spellbound]
adj : having your attention fixated as though by a spell [syn: fascinated,
hypnotized, hypnotised, mesmerized, mesmerised,
- Spellbind \Spell"bind`\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Spellbound; p.
pr. & vb. n. Spellbinding.]
To bind or hold by, or as if by, a spell or charm; to
fascinate, esp. by eloquence of speech, as in a political
campaign. -- Spell"bind`er, n.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Spellbound'
- Spellbound: Spellbound may refer to. Film and television : Spellbound (1916 film), a 1916 film with Lois Meredith Spellbound (1941 film), a 1941 film ...
- Spellbound!: Spellbound! was a computer game made by The Learning Company . The original game is compatible with computers running DOS 3.3 or higher ...
- Spellbound (1945 film): Spellbound is a psychological mystery thriller film directed by Alfred Hitchcock in 1945. It tells the story of the new head of a ...
- Spellbound (2002 film): Spellbound is a 2002 documentary that was directed by Jeffrey Blitz . The film follows eight competitors in the 1999 Scripps National ...
- Spellbound Entertainment: Spellbound is a German developer of computer games based in Kehl, Germany . The company was founded in 1994 by Armin Gessert . ...
- Spellbound (Paula Abdul album): Spellbound is the second studio album released by Paula Abdul in May 1991. The album was an international success and spawned major radio ...
- Spellbound (video game): Spellbound is a computer game that was designed and programmed by David Jones with music by Rob Hubbard and released in 1985 for the ZX ...
- Spellbound (Ten album): Spellbound is the fourth studio album released by the hard rock band Ten . Track listing: All songs written by Gary Hughes except where ...
- Spellbound (1941 film): Spellbound is a 1941 British drama film directed by John Harlow and starring Derek Farr , Vera Lindsay and Hay Petrie In an attempt to ...
- Spellbound (Tygers of Pan Tang album): Spellbound is the second album by British heavy metal band Tygers of Pan Tang , produced in 1981 on MCA . " "Gangland" was covered by ...
Words and phrases related to 'Spellbound'
Spellbound Sample Sentences in News
- Leather puppetry keeps SPA students spellbound
A troupe from Dharmavaram in Anantapur district performs ‘Tholu bommalata’ on Ramayana Read more on this news related to 'Spellbound'
- Spend the next 35 minutes with this video of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
You'll be spellbound. This has to be one of the longest videos we've ever posted to the site. CD Projekt Red has released 35 minutes of footage showing off its upcoming fantasy RPG The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and it's the behind-closed-doors demo from this year's E3. It even includes insightful developer commentary. Click here to read the full articl Read more on this news related to 'Spellbound'
- This Video Proves That Witcher 3 Is 2015's Most Impressive RPG
35 minute The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt demo leaves us spellbound We know this is a big ask. Dropping a 35 minute gameplay demo in front of you and tempting you to watch the entire thing. But you won't regret it, in fact this video goes a long way to proving that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is 2015's most impressive next-gen RPG. This is the demo that was shown be Read more on this news related to 'Spellbound'