Double click on any word to get a popup explanation of the word and sample sentences
an investment that is very risky but could yield great profits; "he knew the stock was a speculation when he bought it"
Speculation Sample Sentences in News
- GLOBAL MARKETS-ECB speculation drives down yields, weighs on euro
* Speculation of more ECB easing intensifies * German Bund yields reach record low, euro touches one-year low LONDON, Aug 27 (Reuters) - Euro zone government bond yields plumbed record lows on Wednesday and the euro fell to its weakest in a year against the dollar on expectations the European Central Bank will act soon to counter low growth and slowing inflation. Read more on this news related to 'Speculation'
- GLOBAL MARKETS-ECB speculation weighs on euro, yields; stocks buoyant
* ECB easing speculation intensifies * Stocks buoyant, but Europe pauses for breath LONDON, Aug 27 (Reuters) - The euro extended its slide on Wednesday, hitting its lowest level in a year against the dollar as expectation grew that the European Central Bank will act soon to counter low growth and inflation. Government bond yields around the world remained under pr Read more on this news related to 'Speculation'
- Euro zone bond yields dive as Draghi comments feed QE speculation
* Draghi boosts speculation of further ECB easing * Most euro zone bond yields fall to record lows LONDON, Aug 25 (Reuters) - Yields on most euro zone government bonds fell to record lows on Monday as speculation grew that the European Central Bank was preparing a programme of asset purchases to counter wilting inflation. Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, I Read more on this news related to 'Speculation'