Sobriquet Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a familiar name for a person (often a shortened version of a person''s given name); "Joe''s mother would not use his nickname and always called him Joseph"; "Henry''s nickname was Slim"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a familiar name for a person (often a shortened version of a person's given name); "Joe's mother would not use his nickname and always called him Joseph"; "Henry's nickname was Slim"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Sobriquet'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Sobriquet'
- Sobriquet: A sobriquet (/ˈsoʊbrɨkeɪ/ SOH-bri-kay) is a nickname, sometimes assumed, but often given by another. Distinct from a pseudonym that is assumed as a disguise
Sobriquet Sample Sentences in News
- How Rome became a hive of cinematic activity after government's generous tax breaks
With James Bond, Zoolander 2 and the new Ben Hur, Rome is reclaiming its sobriquet "Hollywood on the Tiber" Read more on this news related to 'Sobriquet'
- U.S.-Canada relations: Keystone has cooled an already frosty relationship
Our bilateral relationship is akin to a Ferris wheel (round and round/up and down/where it stops nobody knows). But if the sobriquet of “best friends—like it or not” is the paradigm, we are certainly well into the “not” category. Irritations are becoming problems; problems are evolving toward crises. Read more on this news related to 'Sobriquet'
- Pakistan Has Become 'Paapistan', Says Noted Muslim Cleric
A prominent Muslim cleric today dubbed Pakistan as "paapistan" (the land of sinners) and stressed that it deserves this sobriquet due to the violence taking place there every day. Read more on this news related to 'Sobriquet'