Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Sizzle'
Sizzle Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- make a sound like frying fat
- seethe with deep anger or resentment; "She was sizzling with anger"
- burn or sear with a sizzling sound; "The fat sizzled in the pan"
- Sizzle \Siz"zle\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Sizzled; p. pr. & vb. n.
Sizzling.] [See Siss.]
To make a hissing sound; to fry, or to dry and shrivel up,
with a hissing sound. [Prov. Eng. & Colloq. U. S.] --Forby.
- Sizzle \Siz"zle\, n.
A hissing sound, as of something frying over a fire. [Prov.
Eng. & Colloq. U. S.]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Sizzle'
- Sizzle (Transformers): Sizzle is the name of several fictional characters in the various Transformers universes . Transformers: Generation 1: name Sizzle | image ...
- Sizzle (film): Sizzle: A Global Warming Comedy is a feature film written and directed by Randy Olson that combines documentary narrative and fiction to ...
- Frizzle Sizzle: Frizzle Sizzle were a Dutch teenage girl group of the 1980s. The four members of the group were Karin Vlasblom (born August 10, 1967), ...
- Cincinnati Sizzle: The Cincinnati Sizzle is a women's Professional football team from Cincinnati, Ohio . They play in the Women's Football Alliance , with ...
- Sizzle cymbal: A sizzle cymbal is a cymbal to which rivets, chains or other rattles have been added to modify the sound. These rattles have two main ...
- Paris When It Sizzles: Paris When It Sizzles is a 1964 romantic comedy film directed by Richard Quine and produced by Quine and George Axelrod . ...
- Sizzle Beach, U.S.A.: Sizzle Beach, U.S.A is a 1974 independent film starring Kevin Costner , Terry Congie , Leslie Brander , and Roselyn Royce . ...
Words and phrases related to 'Sizzle'
Sizzle Sample Sentences in News
- Sausage sizzle sends students to Coral Bay
Carnarvon year four, five and six students have been sizzling sausages to save money for a trip to Coral Bay. Read more on this news related to 'Sizzle'
- Glaciers sizzle as they melt in warmer water
Ananth Baliga Nov. 27 (UPI) -- Researchers have heard a sizzle from glaciers as they melt in warmer waters, a result of trapped air bubbles escaping from the melting ice. Read more on this news related to 'Sizzle'
- Sizzle and Fizzle: Highs and Lows from the Last Week in S.F. Music
Sizzle Rumors have been swirling about Cafe Du Nord closing, but for once the news isn't bad. The club is being sold to the owners of Woodhouse Fish Co. and West of Pe... Read more on this news related to 'Sizzle'