Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Shrank'
Shrank Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : a physician who specializes in psychiatry [syn: psychiatrist,
- wither, especially with a loss of moisture; "The fruit dried and shriveled" [syn: shrivel, shrivel up, wither]
- draw back, as with fear or pain; "she flinched when they showed the slaughtering of the calf" [syn: flinch, squinch, funk, cringe, wince, recoil, quail]
- reduce in size; reduce physically; "Hot water will shrink the sweater"; "Can you shrink this image?" [syn: reduce]
- become smaller or draw together; "The fabric shrank"; "The balloon shrank" [syn: contract] [ant: expand, stretch]
- decrease in size, range, or extent; "His earnings shrank"; "My courage shrivelled when I saw the task before me" [syn: shrivel] [also: shrunken, shrunk, shrank]
- Shrank \Shrank\,
imp. of Shrink.
- Shrink \Shrink\, v. i. [imp. Shrankor Shrunkp. p. Shrunk
or Shrunken, but the latter is now seldom used except as a
participial adjective; p. pr. & vb. n. Shrinking.] [OE.
220 catflap.bishopston.net dictd 1.11.2/rf on FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE