Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Shrank'
Shrank Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : a physician who specializes in psychiatry [syn: psychiatrist,
- wither, especially with a loss of moisture; "The fruit dried and shriveled" [syn: shrivel, shrivel up, wither]
- draw back, as with fear or pain; "she flinched when they showed the slaughtering of the calf" [syn: flinch, squinch, funk, cringe, wince, recoil, quail]
- reduce in size; reduce physically; "Hot water will shrink the sweater"; "Can you shrink this image?" [syn: reduce]
- become smaller or draw together; "The fabric shrank"; "The balloon shrank" [syn: contract] [ant: expand, stretch]
- decrease in size, range, or extent; "His earnings shrank"; "My courage shrivelled when I saw the task before me" [syn: shrivel] [also: shrunken, shrunk, shrank]
- Shrank \Shrank\,
imp. of Shrink.
- Shrink \Shrink\, v. i. [imp. Shrankor Shrunkp. p. Shrunk
or Shrunken, but the latter is now seldom used except as a
participial adjective; p. pr. & vb. n. Shrinking.] [OE.
220 catflap.bishopston.net dictd 1.11.2/rf on FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Shrank'
Words and phrases related to 'Shrank'
Shrank Sample Sentences in News
- Ukraine GDP Plunges Most Since 2009 on Fighting, Harvest
Ukraine’s economy shrank more than analysts predicted as rainy weather disrupted the growing season, compounding fallout from four months of bloody fighting in the country’s east. Read more on this news related to 'Shrank'
- Ukraine economy shrinks further in second quarter
Ukraine's economy, already in deep recession, shrank even further in the second quarter as the country remained mired in crisis, official figures showed Wednesday. Gross domestic product contracted 2.3 percent after shrinking 2.0 percent in the first quarter, according to seasonally adjusted data. Ukraine has been in almost uninterrupted recession for more tha Read more on this news related to 'Shrank'
- Itau Sounds Brazil Slowdown Alarm as 12% Rates Dismissed
The World Cup, which ended on July 13, probably will contribute to weaker economic growth this year as working hours shrank during the month-long soccer tournament, according to Itau, Latin America’s largest bank by market value. Read more on this news related to 'Shrank'