Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Shrank'
Shrank Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : a physician who specializes in psychiatry [syn: psychiatrist,
- wither, especially with a loss of moisture; "The fruit dried and shriveled" [syn: shrivel, shrivel up, wither]
- draw back, as with fear or pain; "she flinched when they showed the slaughtering of the calf" [syn: flinch, squinch, funk, cringe, wince, recoil, quail]
- reduce in size; reduce physically; "Hot water will shrink the sweater"; "Can you shrink this image?" [syn: reduce]
- become smaller or draw together; "The fabric shrank"; "The balloon shrank" [syn: contract] [ant: expand, stretch]
- decrease in size, range, or extent; "His earnings shrank"; "My courage shrivelled when I saw the task before me" [syn: shrivel] [also: shrunken, shrunk, shrank]
- Shrank \Shrank\,
imp. of Shrink.
- Shrink \Shrink\, v. i. [imp. Shrankor Shrunkp. p. Shrunk
or Shrunken, but the latter is now seldom used except as a
participial adjective; p. pr. & vb. n. Shrinking.] [OE.
220 catflap.bishopston.net dictd 1.11.2/rf on FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Shrank'
Words and phrases related to 'Shrank'
Shrank Sample Sentences in News
- Italy economy shrank 1.9% in 2013 but deficit within EU limit
Italy's economy shrank by 1.9 percent in 2013 but its public deficit stayed within the European Union's limit of 3.0 percent of GDP in mixed news for the country's new government, official figures showed Monday. The contraction -- which followed a shrinkage of 2.5 percent in 2012 -- was slightly more than the government's forecast of 1.8 percent, t Read more on this news related to 'Shrank'
- French services sector shrinks at fastest rate in 8 months in Feb - PMI
France's service sector shrank at the fastest rate in eight months in February, a survey showed on Wednesday, as companies struggle to add to the nascent recovery in the euro zone's second-biggest economy. Data compiler Markit said its purchasing managers index for the services sector fell in February to 47.2 from 48.9 in January, slipping less than a prel Read more on this news related to 'Shrank'
- US municipal bond market kept shrinking in 4th quarter-Fed
The U.S. municipal bond market shrank for three straight quarters last year to reach $3.671 trillion in the fourth quarter, the smallest amount of outstanding debt in five years, Federal Reserve data released ... Read more on this news related to 'Shrank'