Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Shampoo'
- cleansing agent consisting of soaps or detergents used for washing the hair
- the act of washing your hair with shampoo v : use shampoo on (hair)
- Shampoo \Sham*poo"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Shampooed; p. pr. &
vb. n. Shampooing.] [Hind. ch[=a]mpn[=a] to press, to
squeeze.] [Writing also champoo.]
- To press or knead the whole surface of the body of (a person), and at the same time to stretch the limbs and joints, in connection with the hot bath.
- To wash throughly and rub the head of (a person), with the fingers, using either soap, or a soapy preparation, for the more thorough cleansing.
- Shampoo \Sham*poo"\, n.
The act of shampooing.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Shampoo'
Shampoo is a hair care product used for the removal of oils, dirt, skin particles, dandruff, environmental pollutants and other contaminant particles that gradually build up in hair. The goal is to remove the unwanted build-up without stripping out so much sebum as to make hair unmanageable.
Even though most modern shampoos include a conditioning component, shampooing is frequently followed by the use of conditioners which ease combing and styling.
The word shampoo in English is derived from Hindi chāmpo (चाँपो
In the 1860s, the meaning of the word shifted from the sense of massage to that of applying soap to the hair. However, the dull film soap left on the hair made it uncomfortable, irritating, and unhealthy looking.[See more about Shampoo at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Shampoo'
'Shampoo' in famous quotation sentence
Click here for more related quotations on 'Shampoo'
Shampoo Sample Sentences in News
- Elorac Reports Impressive Results for Scalp Psoriasis Shampoo Trial
Elorac, Inc. released preliminary results today of their patient-centered Experience Zithranol Shampoo Trial. The EZ Trial was designed to collect “real life” data based on patients’ assessment of their experience before and after using the product. Read more on this news related to 'Shampoo'
- A Hair Salon Guru’s Next Big Thing: Ending Shampoo
“I honestly think in five years people are going to go, ‘Oh God, remember when we used to wash our hair with shampoo?’” says Michael Gordon. Read more on this news related to 'Shampoo'
- Catching up with Shampoo's Chandler Kelley
Before taking the stage tonight (Sat., Aug. 16), at 529, Shampoo guitarist Chandler Kelley took a few minutes to talk about how Madonna has influenced his songwriting, the group's first demos, and where he hopes to see it all go from her. Is it safe to say that you are the main songwriter for Shampoo? You could say that.… [ Read more ] [ Subscribe to the com Read more on this news related to 'Shampoo'