Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Shakier'
Shakier Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- inclined to shake as from weakness or defect; "a rickety table"; "a wobbly chair with shaky legs"; "the ladder felt a little wobbly"; "the bridge still stands though one of the arches is wonky" [syn: rickety, wobbly, wonky]
- vibrating slightly and irregularly; as e.g. with fear or cold or like the leaves of an aspen in a breeze; "a quaking bog"; "the quaking child asked for more"; "quivering leaves of a poplar tree"; "with shaking knees"; "seemed shaky on her feet"; "sparkling light from the shivering crystals of the chandelier"; "trembling hands" [syn: quaking, quivering, shaking, shivering, trembling]
- not secure; beset with difficulties; "a shaky marriage" [syn: precarious] [also: shakiest, shakier]
- Shaky \Shak"y\, a. [Compar. Shakier; superl. Shakiest.]
- Shaking or trembling; as, a shaky spot in a marsh; a shaky hand. --Thackeray.
- Full of shakes or cracks; cracked; as, shaky timber. --Gwilt.
- Easily shaken; tottering; unsound; as, a shaky constitution; shaky business credit. [Colloq.]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Shakier'
Words and phrases related to 'Shakier'
Shakier Sample Sentences in News
- Royals continue to lead AL Central, while Tigers and Indians remain in contention
With five weeks left in the season, the Royals are closer to a playoff spot than they've been in decades. Meanwhile, the Tigers continue to look shakier and shakier, the Indians remain on the fringe of contention, and the White Sox and Twins fight to avoid last place. The Royals began their week with the finale of a 4-game set in Minnesota, and beat the Twins Read more on this news related to 'Shakier'
- Retailers' Flat Sales Dim Hopes For Growth
Shoppers took a pause in July, keeping retail sales even lower than diminished expectations, in a signal that consumer faith in the economic recovery may be shakier than expected. Overall sales were flat ... Read more on this news related to 'Shakier'
- The Ignorant Still Hang on Yellen’s Every Word
Who would have believed when the Great Financial Crisis was winding down five years ago that the feather merchants, unrepentant as always and eager to make up for lost time, would be right back at it, erecting an even bigger, shakier house of cards? Read more on this news related to 'Shakier'