Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Shakier'
Shakier Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- inclined to shake as from weakness or defect; "a rickety table"; "a wobbly chair with shaky legs"; "the ladder felt a little wobbly"; "the bridge still stands though one of the arches is wonky" [syn: rickety, wobbly, wonky]
- vibrating slightly and irregularly; as e.g. with fear or cold or like the leaves of an aspen in a breeze; "a quaking bog"; "the quaking child asked for more"; "quivering leaves of a poplar tree"; "with shaking knees"; "seemed shaky on her feet"; "sparkling light from the shivering crystals of the chandelier"; "trembling hands" [syn: quaking, quivering, shaking, shivering, trembling]
- not secure; beset with difficulties; "a shaky marriage" [syn: precarious] [also: shakiest, shakier]
- Shaky \Shak"y\, a. [Compar. Shakier; superl. Shakiest.]
- Shaking or trembling; as, a shaky spot in a marsh; a shaky hand. --Thackeray.
- Full of shakes or cracks; cracked; as, shaky timber. --Gwilt.
- Easily shaken; tottering; unsound; as, a shaky constitution; shaky business credit. [Colloq.]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Shakier'
Words and phrases related to 'Shakier'
Shakier Sample Sentences in News
- As pitching concerns mount, Braves could make a move
While Braves players and fans anxiously awaited an update Monday on injured pitcher Kris Medlen, the team’s top brass began to explore possibilities to reinforce a starting rotation that’s a lot shakier than it was just a few days ago. Read more on this news related to 'Shakier'
- Cal falls to Arizona State, its third loss in its past four games
Cal's postseason hopes get a little shakier with an 18-point loss on the road to Arizona State. Read more on this news related to 'Shakier'
- Australia's morals questioned
Australia is within its legal rights to discriminate against New Zealanders working there, but its moral position is much shakier, Prof Mark Henaghan says. read more Read more on this news related to 'Shakier'