Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Shakier'
Shakier Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- inclined to shake as from weakness or defect; "a rickety table"; "a wobbly chair with shaky legs"; "the ladder felt a little wobbly"; "the bridge still stands though one of the arches is wonky" [syn: rickety, wobbly, wonky]
- vibrating slightly and irregularly; as e.g. with fear or cold or like the leaves of an aspen in a breeze; "a quaking bog"; "the quaking child asked for more"; "quivering leaves of a poplar tree"; "with shaking knees"; "seemed shaky on her feet"; "sparkling light from the shivering crystals of the chandelier"; "trembling hands" [syn: quaking, quivering, shaking, shivering, trembling]
- not secure; beset with difficulties; "a shaky marriage" [syn: precarious] [also: shakiest, shakier]
- Shaky \Shak"y\, a. [Compar. Shakier; superl. Shakiest.]
- Shaking or trembling; as, a shaky spot in a marsh; a shaky hand. --Thackeray.
- Full of shakes or cracks; cracked; as, shaky timber. --Gwilt.
- Easily shaken; tottering; unsound; as, a shaky constitution; shaky business credit. [Colloq.]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Shakier'
Words and phrases related to 'Shakier'
Shakier Sample Sentences in News
- Samsung Galaxy S4 video is shakier than rivals in test
The Samsung Galaxy S4 has a great camera for still photos, but how does it compare to the competition for video? We find out. Read more on this news related to 'Shakier'
- Veterans such as Lecester Shakier find places to live thanks to broad effort to cut homelessness
Loading headlines... Loading headlines... Loading headlines... Loading headlines... Read more on this news related to 'Shakier'
- NHL Playoffs Round 2 Preview: #1Pittsburgh vs. #7 Ottawa
#1 PITTSBURGH vs. #7 OTTAWA How Pittsburgh got here: The Penguins’ first-round series against the Islanders was much tougher than many expected, in large part due to the shaky play of goalie Marc-Andre Fleury. But in the end, they exploited the shakier play of Isles goalie Evgeni Nabokov and their powerful offense – posting a playoff-best 4.17 goals-per-game a Read more on this news related to 'Shakier'