Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Shakier'
Shakier Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- inclined to shake as from weakness or defect; "a rickety table"; "a wobbly chair with shaky legs"; "the ladder felt a little wobbly"; "the bridge still stands though one of the arches is wonky" [syn: rickety, wobbly, wonky]
- vibrating slightly and irregularly; as e.g. with fear or cold or like the leaves of an aspen in a breeze; "a quaking bog"; "the quaking child asked for more"; "quivering leaves of a poplar tree"; "with shaking knees"; "seemed shaky on her feet"; "sparkling light from the shivering crystals of the chandelier"; "trembling hands" [syn: quaking, quivering, shaking, shivering, trembling]
- not secure; beset with difficulties; "a shaky marriage" [syn: precarious] [also: shakiest, shakier]
- Shaky \Shak"y\, a. [Compar. Shakier; superl. Shakiest.]
- Shaking or trembling; as, a shaky spot in a marsh; a shaky hand. --Thackeray.
- Full of shakes or cracks; cracked; as, shaky timber. --Gwilt.
- Easily shaken; tottering; unsound; as, a shaky constitution; shaky business credit. [Colloq.]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Shakier'
Words and phrases related to 'Shakier'
Shakier Sample Sentences in News
- Housebuilders' rally on shakier ground in 2014
Government schemes, including the "Help to Buy" programme, which guarantees up to 15 percent of applicable mortgages, helped push house prices to an 11-year high by one measure last month, fuelling concerns about a potential bubble that could burst when interest rates eventually rise. House prices will rise on average 4 percent this year and 5.5 percent Read more on this news related to 'Shakier'
- UK housebuilders' rally on shakier ground in 2014
* Strong rally in UK housebuilders to slow next year LONDON, Nov 24 (Reuters) - UK housebuilders' shares have more than doubled in two years as home prices have recovered, but an uncertain interest rate outlook and rising costs mean gains look more modest - and more precarious - in 2014. Government schemes, including the "Help to Buy" programme, whic Read more on this news related to 'Shakier'
- NFL injury report, AFC East: Antonio Cromartie, Marcus Cannon hurt
The Jets' best corner was forced to leave early while New England watched its offensive line get shakier. Cromartie went down with a hip injury and did not return, per ESPN . Cromartie has had issues with his right hip before, breaking it in 2008. It is uncertain how long Cromartie will be sidelined. Read more on this news related to 'Shakier'