See Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- the seat within a bishop''s diocese where his cathedral is located
- perceive (an idea or situation) mentally; "Now I see!"; "I just can''t see your point"; "Does she realize how important this decision is?"; "I don''t understand the idea"
- get to know or become aware of, usually accidentally; "I learned that she has two grown-up children"; "I see that you have been promoted"
- make sense of; assign a meaning to; "What message do you see in this letter?"; "How do you interpret his behavior?"
- be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something; "He verified that the valves were closed"; "See that the curtains are closed"; "control the quality of the product"
- deem to be; "She views this quite differently from me"; "I consider her to be shallow"; "I don''t see the situation quite as negatively as you do"
- deliberate or decide; "See whether you can come tomorrow"; "let''s see--which movie should we see tonight?"
- find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort; "I want to see whether she speaks French"; "See whether it works"; "find out if he speaks Russian"; "Check whether the train leaves on time"
- match or meet; "I saw the bet of one of my fellow players"
- receive as a specified guest; "the doctor will see you now"; "The minister doesn''t see anybody before noon"
- imagine; conceive of; see in one''s mind; "I can''t see him on horseback!"; "I can see what will happen"; "I can see a risk in this strategy"
- come together; "I''ll probably see you at the meeting"; "How nice to see you again!"
- accompany or escort; "I''ll see you to the door"
- go or live through; "We had many trials to go through"; "he saw action in Viet Nam"
- perceive or be contemporaneous with; "We found Republicans winning the offices"; "You''ll see a lot of cheating in this school"; "I want to see results"; "The 1960 saw the rebellion of the younger generation against established traditions"; "I want to see
- perceive by sight or have the power to perceive by sight; "You have to be a good observer to see all the details"; "Can you see the bird in that tree?"; "He is blind--he cannot see"
- see and understand, have a good eye; "The artist must first learn to see"
- observe, check out, and look over carefully or inspect; "The customs agent examined the baggage"; "I must see your passport before you can enter the country"
- see or watch; "view a show on television"; "This program will be seen all over the world"; "view an exhibition"; "Catch a show on Broadway"; "see a movie"
- observe as if with an eye; "The camera saw the burglary and recorded it"
- date regularly; have a steady relationship with; "Did you know that she is seeing an older man?"; "He is dating his former wife again!"
- go to see for professional or business reasons; "You should see a lawyer"; "We had to see a psychiatrist"
- go to see for a social visit; "I went to see my friend Mary the other day"
- visit a place, as for entertainment; "We went to see the Eiffel Tower in the morning"
- take charge of or deal with; "Could you see about lunch?"; "I must attend to this matter"; "She took care of this business"
- compare (used in texts to point the reader to another location in the text)
Definitions from Wiktionary
- the seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'See'?
See Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Sight (also called eyesight or vision) is one of the senses. Having sight means to be able to see. Seeing gives animals knowledge of the world. Some simple animals can only tell light from dark, but with vertebrates, the visual system is able to form images.
The ability to interpret visible light information reaching the eyes is called visual perception. Sight is the resulting perception. The components that are necessary for vision are known as the visual system.
Words and phrases related to 'See'
'See' example sentence in quotations
* We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. - Anais Nin
* The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it. - Jean Paul
Click here for more related quotations on 'See'
See Sample Sentences in News
- Get Sorted: Where do you see yourself?
"Where do you see yourself in five years?" "How about in 10?"These were always the sorts of questions that I dreaded, the ones that scared the hell out of me in job interviews. And I always admire those who have mapped out their... Read more on this news related to 'See'
- Top 5 Must-See Plays from Week 3 (Video)
Here are the must-see plays from all the action on Sunday in Week 3 in the NFL. Read more on this news related to 'See'
- Elle Fanning Goes Brunette (and Gets a Cut!): See Her Dramatic New Look
See the actress's dramatic hair change Read more on this news related to 'See'