Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Scrubbing'
Scrubbing Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : (of domestic animals) not selectively bred
- dense vegetation consisting of stunted trees or bushes [syn: chaparral, bush]
- the act of cleaning a surface by rubbing it with a brush and soap and water [syn: scrubbing, scouring] v
- clean with hard rubbing; "She scrubbed his back" [syn: scour]
- wash thoroughly; "surgeons must scrub prior to an operation" [syn: scrub up] [also: scrubbing, scrubbed]
n : the act of cleaning a surface by rubbing it with a brush and
soap and water [syn: scrub, scouring]
- Scrub \Scrub\ (skr[u^]b), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Scrubbed
(skr[u^]bd); p. pr. & vb. n. Scrubbing.] [OE. scrobben,
probably of Dutch or Scand. origin; cf. Dan. sckrubbe, Sw.
skrubba, D. schrobben, LG. schrubben.]
To rub hard; to wash with rubbing; usually, to rub with a wet
brush, or with something coarse or rough, for the purpose of
cleaning or brightening; as, to scrub a floor, a doorplate.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Scrubbing'
- Data scrubbing: Data scrubbing is an error correction technique which uses a background task that periodically inspects memory for errors, and then ...
- Scrubbing Bubbles: The Scrubbing Bubbles are mascots for Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner from S. C ... Johnson, the cleaner was renamed after its scrubbing mascots. ...
- Memory scrubbing: Memory scrubbing is the process of detecting and correcting bit error s in memory by using error-detecting codes like ECC . Motivation for scrubbing ...
- Site scrubbing: Site Scrubbing (short for Website Scrubbing) is a term which refers to the process of editing a web-based document in order to correct ...
- Carbon dioxide scrubbing: Carbon dioxide scrubbing may refer to: Carbon dioxide scrubber , a device that absorbs carbon dioxide. Carbon capture and storage , the ...