Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Scraped'
Scraped Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- having the skin scraped off; "skinned knees and scraped elbows" [syn: abraded, skinned]
- having surface damage [syn: scratched]
- Scrape \Scrape\ (skr[=a]p), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Scraped; p.
pr. & vb. n. Scraping.] [Icel. skrapa; akin to Sw. skrapa,
Dan. skrabe, D. schrapen, schrabben, G. schrappen, and prob.
to E. sharp.]
- To rub over the surface of (something) with a sharp or rough instrument; to rub over with something that roughens by removing portions of the surface; to grate harshly over; to abrade; to make even, or bring to a required condition or form, by moving the sharp edge of an instrument breadthwise over the surface with pressure, cutting away excesses and superfluous parts; to make smooth or clean; as, to scrape a bone with a knife; to scrape a metal plate to an even surface.
- To remove by rubbing or scraping (in the sense above). I will also scrape her dust from her, and make her like the top of a rock. --Ezek. xxvi. 4.
- To collect by, or as by, a process of scraping; to gather in small portions by laborious effort; hence, to acquire avariciously and save penuriously; -- often followed by together or up; as, to scrape money together. The prelatical party complained that, to swell a number the nonconformists did not choose, but scrape, subscribers. --Fuller.
- To express disapprobation of, as a play, or to silence, as a speaker, by drawing the feet back and forth upon the floor; -- usually with down. --Macaulay. To scrape acquaintance, to seek acquaintance otherwise than by an introduction. --Farquhar. He tried to scrape acquaintance with her, but failed ignominiously. --G. W. Cable.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Scraped'
- Get Scraped: Get Scraped | Type Album | Artist Deadmau5 | Cover Get_Scraped-Deadmau5. ... Get Scraped was the first album released by Deadmau5 in 2006. ...
- Dynamic scraped surface heat exchanger: The dynamic scraped surface heat exchanger (DSSHE) was designed to face some problems found in other types of heat exchanger s. ...
Words and phrases related to 'Scraped'
Scraped Sample Sentences in News
- Crusaders scrape past Stormers
The Crusaders scraped a 14-13 win over the Stormers in Christchurch to post their first win of the Super Rugby season and maintain a proud 13-year record. Read more on this news related to 'Scraped'
- Steam's Most Popular Games
An anonymous reader writes "The folks at Ars Technica scraped a ton of gameplay data from Steam's player profiles to provide statistics on how many people own each game, and how often it's played. For example: 37% of the ~781 million games owned by Steam users have never been played. Dota 2 has been played by almost 26 million people for a total of 3. Read more on this news related to 'Scraped'
- Jeter helps Yanks beat Orioles in his final home opener
NEW YORK -- As soon as shortstop Derek Jeter hit the second pitch of his third at-bat, he briefly watched it. The ball seemed like it was going to be a home run but when it scraped the left field fence, Jeter found himself in the rare position of scrambling his way towards to second base and then offering a humorous explanation for it. Jeter experienced a lot of g Read more on this news related to 'Scraped'