Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Scornfully'
Scornfully Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adv : without respect; in a disdainful manner; "she spoke of him
contemptuously" [syn: contemptuously, disdainfully,
contumeliously, showing contempt]
- Scornful \Scorn"ful\, a.
- Full of scorn or contempt; contemptuous; disdainful. Scornful of winter's frost and summer's sun. --Prior. Dart not scornful glances from those eyes. --Shak.
- Treated with scorn; exciting scorn. [Obs.] The scornful mark of every open eye. --Shak. Syn: Contemptuous; disdainful; contumelious; reproachful; insolent. -- Scorn"ful*ly, adv. -- Scorn"ful*ness, n.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Scornfully'
Words and phrases related to 'Scornfully'
Scornfully Sample Sentences in News
- Judge scolds prosecutor for 'scornfully' laughing at Pistorius during cross-examination
Johannesburg, Apr 11 (ANI): The judge at the Oscar Pistorius murder trial had reportedly sternly reprimanded the chief prosecutor for laughing 'scornfully' at the Blade Runner during his interrogation on Thursday, and told him to restrain himself. Pistorius was cross-examined relentlessly about his account of the moments just before he killed his girlfrien Read more on this news related to 'Scornfully'
- Prosecutor mocks Pistorius' version of events
The chief prosecutor laughed scornfully at an answer from Oscar Pistorius during the Olympic athlete's murder trial Thursday, mocking the man who shot his girlfriend. It was a harsh day of cross-examination for Pistorius, challenged relentlessly about his account of the moments just before he killed Reeva Steenkamp, as well as circumstances related to several Read more on this news related to 'Scornfully'
- Prosecutor mocks Pistorius
The chief prosecutor laughed scornfully at an answer from Oscar Pistorius during the Olympic athlete’s murder trial Thursday, mocking the man who shot his girlfriend. The judge sternly instructed the prosecutor to restrain himself and he apologized — then went right back to trying to pic Read more on this news related to 'Scornfully'