Schadenfreude Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- delight in another person''s misfortune
Definitions from Wiktionary
- delight in another person's misfortune
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Schadenfreude'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Schadenfreude'
- Schadenfreude: For the EP by Lubricated Goat, see Schadenfreude (EP). Schadenfreude (/ˈʃɑːdənfrɔɪdə/; German: [ˈʃaːdn̩ˌfʀɔɪ̯də] ( listen)) is pleasure derived from the
- Carnival of Schadenfreude: Carnival of Schadenfreude is the twelfth E.P. by Chicago punk rock band Screeching Weasel. All songs written and composed by Ben Weasel. Ben Weasel
- Schadenfreude (EP): Schadenfreude is the second EP released by the Australian noise rock band Lubricated Goat, released in 1989 through Black Eye Records.
Schadenfreude Sample Sentences in News
- Watch a Ball Boy Get Hit Exactly Where You Think He Will
Schadenfreude Read more on this news related to 'Schadenfreude'
- You betcha! Sarah Palin running for president is a great thing for America
Every one of her appearances is some new sublime Schadenfreude-steeped catastrophe. I hope she never leaves us At this point, listening to a Sarah Palin speech is like being taped to a chair with conservative bumper stickers and having gimmick coffee mugs thrown at you. It is the natural conclusion of what would happen if a Big Dogs t-shirt became minimally self-a Read more on this news related to 'Schadenfreude'
- Je Suis S&P: Government's Chilling Effect on Credit Rating Agencies
When the Department of Justice sued the credit rating agency Standard & Poor’s, I was a bond analyst at its competitor, Moody’s Investors Service. While relieved to avoid government crosshairs, we had no reason for schadenfreude because we had no guarantee it wouldn’t be us next. That threat hasn’t materialized [...] Read more on this news related to 'Schadenfreude'