Sanguine Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- inclined to a healthy reddish color often associated with outdoor life; "a ruddy complexion"; "Santa''s rubicund cheeks"; "a fresh and sanguine complexion"
- confidently optimistic and cheerful
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a blood-red color
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Sanguine'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Sanguine'
- Sanguine: For other uses, see Sanguine (disambiguation). Sanguine or red chalk is chalk of a reddish-brown colour, so called because it resembles the
- Sanguine (heraldry): Sanguine (/ˈsæŋɡwɪn/) is a stain, or non-standard tincture in heraldry, of a blood-red colour. In the past it was sometimes taken to be equivalent to murrey
- Sanguine Productions: Sanguine Productions Ltd. is a role-playing game production house founded in 1997. Their games include Ironclaw, Jadeclaw, Albedo: Platinum Catalyst, Usagi
- HMS Sanguine (P266): HMS Sanguine was an S class submarine of the Royal Navy, and part of the Third Group built of that class. She was built by Cammell Laird and launched on
- Sanguine (disambiguation): Sanguine is a red pigment Sanguine may also refer to: Sanguine, one of the four humors in pre-modern medicine Sanguine, a personality type, one of the
- Cultus Sanguine: Cultus Sanguine was a black metal band from Italy, characterised by gloomy themes and soundscapes. Cultus Sanguine was founded as a duo in 1993, but
Words and phrases related to 'Sanguine'
Sanguine Sample Sentences in News
- Liechtenstein's LGT sanguine about risk from HSBC private bank deal
Liechtenstein's biggest bank LGT does not expect to suffer any fallout from assets it bought from HSBC's (HSBA.L) private bank months before that business was embroiled in a scandal over allegedly helping clients to dodge taxes. Vaduz-based LGT, owned by the principality's royal family, snapped up 7.1 billion Swiss francs (4.9 billion pounds) of privat Read more on this news related to 'Sanguine'
- Now The Volatile Markets Are Giving Me The Willies
Checking the rates on Bali. SONNY TUMBELAKA/AFP/Getty Images) Three months ago, I posted generally sanguine thoughts about disruptions in the world economy, including the falling oil price. Although I'd mostly stick with optimism about that drop and the fall in some other previously-dear commodities, it's clear that markets overall have gotten [...] Read more on this news related to 'Sanguine'
- Comment: Warning on rates hike signals wider risk
W E’RE still on course for a log-jammed parliament – yet across the UK the mood appears altogether sanguine, for now. Read more on this news related to 'Sanguine'