Sanguine Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- inclined to a healthy reddish color often associated with outdoor life; "a ruddy complexion"; "Santa''s rubicund cheeks"; "a fresh and sanguine complexion"
- confidently optimistic and cheerful
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a blood-red color
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Sanguine'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Sanguine'
- Sanguine: For other uses, see Sanguine (disambiguation). Sanguine or red chalk is chalk of a reddish-brown colour, so called because it resembles the
- Sanguine (heraldry): Sanguine (/ˈsæŋɡwᵻn/) is a stain, or non-standard tincture in heraldry, of a blood-red colour. In the past it was sometimes taken to be equivalent to murrey
- Sanguine Productions: Sanguine Productions Ltd. is a role-playing game production house founded in 1997. Their games include Ironclaw, Jadeclaw, Albedo: Platinum Catalyst, Usagi
- HMS Sanguine (P266): HMS Sanguine was an S class submarine of the Royal Navy, and part of the Third Group built of that class. She was built by Cammell Laird and launched on
- Sanguine (disambiguation): Sanguine is a red pigment Sanguine may also refer to: Sanguine, one of the four humors in pre-modern medicine Sanguine, a personality type, one of the
- The Sanguine Fan: The Sanguine Fan, Op. 81, is a single-act ballet written by Sir Edward Elgar in 1917. It was one of the pieces he composed to raise money for wartime charities
- Cultus Sanguine: Cultus Sanguine was a black metal band from Italy, characterised by gloomy themes and soundscapes. Cultus Sanguine was founded as a duo in 1993, but
- Echinacea sanguinea: Echinacea sanguinea (Sanguine Purple Coneflower) is a herbaceous perennial native to open sandy fields and open pine woods and prairies in eastern Texas
Words and phrases related to 'Sanguine'