Salwar Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a pair of light loose trousers witha tight fit around the ankles; worn by women from the Indian subcontinent (usually with a kameez)
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a pair of light loose trousers with a tight fit around the ankles; worn by women from the Indian subcontinent (usually with a kameez)
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Salwar'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Salwar'
- Patiala salwar: A Patiala salwar (also called a pattian walee salwar) (Its also pronounced as Shalwar in Urdu) is a type of female trousers which has its ...
- Salwar (Punjabi): The Punjabi salwar suit was developed in the Punjab region which has become popular all over the sub-continent and beyond. Female dress ...
- Kali Salwar: date July 2014 date July 2014 date February 2013 name Kali Salwaar | image | director Fareeda Mehta | producer Andaaz Productions & ...
- Anarkali Salwar Suit: An Anarkali salwar suit is a form of women's dress commonly seen in South Asia. It is composed of a long kurta top, pants that are ...
Salwar Sample Sentences in News
- Cherie Blair's lifelong obsession with Indian clothes
Cherie Blair, 59, has had a lifelong obsession with saris and salwar kameez costumes. As she trials another Asian-influenced number, Femail takes a look back at her decades of Indian dressing. Read more on this news related to 'Salwar'
- This Gujarat district wants it teachers only to wear the sari
The Mehsana district education committee has issued an official notification asking all women teachers to compulsorily wear saris and has banned even salwar kameez. Read more on this news related to 'Salwar'
- All set for Rs. 300 special entry darshan from today
Devotees should invariably turn-up in traditional dress (dhoti or kurta/pyjama for men and saree or salwar kameez for women) Read more on this news related to 'Salwar'