Salwar Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a pair of light loose trousers witha tight fit around the ankles; worn by women from the Indian subcontinent (usually with a kameez)
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a pair of light loose trousers with a tight fit around the ankles; worn by women from the Indian subcontinent (usually with a kameez)
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Salwar'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Salwar'
- Patiala salwar: A Patiala salwar (also called a pattian walee salwar) (also pronounced as Shalwar in Urdu) is a type of female trousers which has its roots in Patiala
- Salwar (Punjabi) Suit: The Punjabi salwar suit is the traditional attire of Punjab and is known for its lively hues, rich fabrics and embroidery. The punjabi suit features three
- Anarkali Salwar Suit: An Anarkali salwar suit is a form of women's dress which has recently made its way back to the Indian fashion scene. The anarkali suit is made up of a
Salwar Sample Sentences in News
- Kareena Kapoor starts shooting for Udta Punjab
Shahid Kapoor has started shooting for his upcoming film, Udta Punjab a couple of days ago. And now it's his ex-flame, Kareena Kapoor, who was snapped on the sets of the film, which will also have Alia Bhatt and Diljit Dosanjh. Kareena is wearing a pink salwar-kameez in the picture. Read more on this news related to 'Salwar'
- Snapped: Kareena Kapoor Khan Goes On A Bike Ride With Diljit Dosanjh
Earlier we shared some photos with you directly from the sets of Udta Punjab where Bollywood’s Bebo was spotted in a pink salwar looking completely like a Punjabi girl. A recent picture taking its round on social media sees Kareena Kapoor Khan and lead actor Diljit Dosanjh on a bike riding somewhere From the looks of it, it looks like Kareena and Diljit share th Read more on this news related to 'Salwar'
- Snapped: Kareena Kapoor Khan At Golden Temple
Recently, Kareena Kapoor Khan, who is currently in Punjab, shooting for her upcoming film Udta Punjab, took some time off her busy schedule to visit Amritsar‘s well known Golden Temple. Wearing a Punjabi traditional salwar suit, with dupatta wrapped around her head, Kareena smiled gracefully for the camera. The actress visited Golden Temple to get blessings. On Read more on this news related to 'Salwar'