Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Sagged'
Sagged Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : a shape that sags; "there was a sag in the chair seat" [syn:
- droop, sink, or settle from or as if from pressure or loss of tautness [syn: droop, swag, flag]
- cause to sag; "The children sagged their bottoms down even more comfortably" [syn: sag down] [also: sagging, sagged]
- Sag \Sag\ (s[a^]g), v. i. [imp. & p. p. Sagged; p. pr. & vb.
n. Sagging.] [Akin to Sw. sacka to settle, sink down, LG.
sacken, D. zakken. Cf. Sink, v. i.]
- To sink, in the middle, by its weight or under applied pressure, below a horizontal line or plane; as, a line or cable supported by its ends sags, though tightly drawn; the floor of a room sags; hence, to lean, give way, or settle from a vertical position; as, a building may sag one way or another; a door sags on its hinges.
- Fig.: To lose firmness or elasticity; to sink; to droop; to flag; to bend; to yield, as the mind or spirits, under the pressure of care, trouble, doubt, or the like; to be unsettled or unbalanced. [R.] The mind I sway by, and the heart I bear, Shall never sag with doubt nor shake with fear. --Shak.
- To loiter in walking; to idle along; to drag or droop heavily. To sag to leeward (Naut.), to make much leeway by reason of the wind, sea, or current; to drift to leeward; -- said of a vessel. --Totten.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Sagged'
Words and phrases related to 'Sagged'
Sagged Sample Sentences in News
- PHL shares drop on Wall Street losses, profit-taking
Share prices on the Philippine Stock Exchange sagged early Friday in sympathy with a major sell-off overnight on Wall Street that prompted players to cash in on gains. Read more on this news related to 'Sagged'
- Canadiens grab road win over Red Wings
DETROIT -- The Montreal Canadiens got off to a fast start, sagged a bit in the middle portion of the game but finished strong on Thursday night. Center Tomas Plekanec scored twice and winger Thomas Vanek had a goal and two assists to lead Montreal to a 5-4 win over the Detroit Red Wings at Joe Louis Arena. The Canadiens jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first period Read more on this news related to 'Sagged'
- Citigroup Profit Expected to Slip
Despite an expected dip in profit, analysts are generally optimistic about Citigroup as it prepares to reports its first-quarter earnings on Monday, April 14, 2014. The consensus earnings per share estimate is $1.18 per share.Over the past three months, the consensus estimate has sagged from $1.43. For the fiscal year, Read more on this news related to 'Sagged'