Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Sagged'
Sagged Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : a shape that sags; "there was a sag in the chair seat" [syn:
- droop, sink, or settle from or as if from pressure or loss of tautness [syn: droop, swag, flag]
- cause to sag; "The children sagged their bottoms down even more comfortably" [syn: sag down] [also: sagging, sagged]
- Sag \Sag\ (s[a^]g), v. i. [imp. & p. p. Sagged; p. pr. & vb.
n. Sagging.] [Akin to Sw. sacka to settle, sink down, LG.
sacken, D. zakken. Cf. Sink, v. i.]
- To sink, in the middle, by its weight or under applied pressure, below a horizontal line or plane; as, a line or cable supported by its ends sags, though tightly drawn; the floor of a room sags; hence, to lean, give way, or settle from a vertical position; as, a building may sag one way or another; a door sags on its hinges.
- Fig.: To lose firmness or elasticity; to sink; to droop; to flag; to bend; to yield, as the mind or spirits, under the pressure of care, trouble, doubt, or the like; to be unsettled or unbalanced. [R.] The mind I sway by, and the heart I bear, Shall never sag with doubt nor shake with fear. --Shak.
- To loiter in walking; to idle along; to drag or droop heavily. To sag to leeward (Naut.), to make much leeway by reason of the wind, sea, or current; to drift to leeward; -- said of a vessel. --Totten.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Sagged'
Words and phrases related to 'Sagged'
Sagged Sample Sentences in News
- Earnings for Costco Wholesale Projected to Rise
Optimism surrounds Costco Wholesale, as it gets ready to report its second quarter results on Thursday, March 6, 2014. Analysts are expecting the company to book a profit of $1.17 a share, up from $1.10 a year ago.Over the past three months, the consensus estimate has sagged from $1.19. For Read more on this news related to 'Sagged'
- Nikkei jumps after BOJ, Asian shares mostly softer
By Hideyuki Sano TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese shares surged and the yen sagged on Tuesday after the Bank of Japan doubled loan programs aimed at stimulating bank lending and economic growth, while most other Asian shares were softer after solid gains in recent sessions. S&P stock futures pointed to a slightly firmer tone on Wall Street as U.S. markets were set to re Read more on this news related to 'Sagged'
- US economy: Consumer confidence falls in February
NEW YORK - Consumer confidence sagged in February as expectations worsened, according to a private sector report released on Tuesday. Read more on this news related to 'Sagged'