Sacrilegious Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- grossly irreverent toward what is held to be sacred; "blasphemous rites of a witches'' Sabbath"; "profane utterances against the Church"; "it is sacrilegious to enter with shoes on"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Sacrilegious'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Sacrilegious'
- The Sacrilegious Scorn: "The Sacrilegious Scorn" is the second promotional single by the symphonic black metal band Dimmu Borgir from the 2007 album In Sorte Diaboli. The video
Words and phrases related to 'Sacrilegious'
Sacrilegious Sample Sentences in News
- Okupe’s sacrilegious allusion
I find a recent statement credited to the Senior Special Assistant to President Goodluck Jonathan on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, that the burden our Lord Jesus Christ carried when he died for the sins of mankind is similar to what President Jonathan is presently carrying sacrilegious. Our political office holders must learn from history... [Read More...] Read more on this news related to 'Sacrilegious'
- Willes: Seahawks have ‘one the greatest defences’ ever
SEATTLE — In a league that sells its history and tradition along with its sky boxes and $12 beers, it’s almost sacrilegious to stand in front of the microphones and claim your defence is the equal of the Steel Curtain, the 1985 Bears or any of the other storied groups from NFL antiquity. But the Seattle Seahawks, it seems, have strong feelings on this subject Read more on this news related to 'Sacrilegious'
- Cherry still venting over lack of air time
Don Cherry doesn't think he's getting enough time on Hockey Night in Canada. (QMI Agency) Could Don Cherry have done his final Coach's Corner? Man I sure hope not. Talk about sacrilegious. Read more on this news related to 'Sacrilegious'