Ridge Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a beam laid along the ridge of a roof; provides attachment for upper end of rafters
- any long raised border or margin of a bone or tooth or membrane
- a long narrow natural elevation or striation
- a long narrow range of hills
- any long raised strip
- form into a ridge
- spade into alternate ridges and troughs; "ridge the soil"
- throw soil toward (a crop row) from both sides; "He ridged his corn"
- plough alternate strips by throwing the furrow onto an unploughed strip
- extend in ridges; "The land ridges towards the South"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a long narrow natural elevation or striation ,
- any long raised strip ,
- a long narrow natural elevation on the floor of the ocean ,
- a long narrow range of hills ,
- any long raised border or margin of a bone or tooth or membrane ,
- a beam laid along the edge where two sloping sides of a roof meet at the top; provides an attachment for the upper ends of rafters
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Ridge'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Ridge'
- Ridge: geography and physical geology. For other uses, see Ridge (disambiguation). A ridge is a geological feature consisting of a chain of mountains
- Metacomet Ridge: Metacomet Ridge, Metacomet Ridge Mountains, or Metacomet Range of southern New England, United States, is a narrow and steep fault-block mountain ridge known
- Ridge-and-Valley Appalachians: The Ridge-and-Valley Appalachians, also called the Ridge and Valley Province or the Valley and Ridge Appalachians, are a physiographic province of the
- Ridge Route: Castaic-Tejon Route in California. For the Ridge Route in ancient Israel, see Way of the Patriarchs. The Ridge Route, officially the Castaic-Tejon Route
- Mid-ocean ridge: A mid-ocean ridge is an underwater mountain system that consists of various mountain ranges (chains), typically having a valley known as a rift running
- Blue Ridge Mountains: The Blue Ridge Mountains are a physiographic province of the larger Appalachian Mountains range. This province consists of northern and southern physiographic
- Mid-Atlantic Ridge: The Mid-Atlantic Ridge (MAR) is a mid-ocean ridge, a divergent tectonic plate or constructive plate boundary located along the floor of the Atlantic Ocean
- Riegel Ridge, New Jersey: Riegel Ridge is an unincorporated community located within Holland Township in Hunterdon County, New Jersey, United States. "Riegel Ridge". Geographic
- U.S. Route 40 Alternate (Keysers Ridge–Cumberland, Maryland): of US 40 were bypassed. The part of the bypassed road between Keyser's Ridge and Cumberland became Alt US 40, and other bypassed sections east of Cumberland
- Wheeler Ridge, California: Wheeler Ridge is an unincorporated community in the southwestern San Joaquin Valley, just north of the county line within Kern County, California. It
Words and phrases related to 'Ridge'
Meaning of the Name 'Ridge'
- Meaning: From the ridge
- Origin: English
- Gender: Male
Ridge Sample Sentences in News
- Blue Ridge Capital Opens New Position in Lending Club Corporation
Lending Club, the world’s largest online marketplace connecting borrowers and investors, had an initial public offering in December 2014. Read more on this news related to 'Ridge'
- Blue Ridge Capital Opens Position in Air Products and Chemicals
Air Products and Chemicals (APD) supplies industrial gases, performance materials, equipment, and technology. Read more on this news related to 'Ridge'
- Blue Ridge Capital Opens a New Position in Facebook
In a recently published equity research report, JP Morgan (JPM) analyst Doug Anmuth stated that Facebook remains a top pick for the year 2015. Read more on this news related to 'Ridge'