Ridge Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a beam laid along the ridge of a roof; provides attachment for upper end of rafters
- any long raised border or margin of a bone or tooth or membrane
- a long narrow natural elevation or striation
- a long narrow range of hills
- any long raised strip
- form into a ridge
- spade into alternate ridges and troughs; "ridge the soil"
- throw soil toward (a crop row) from both sides; "He ridged his corn"
- plough alternate strips by throwing the furrow onto an unploughed strip
- extend in ridges; "The land ridges towards the South"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a long narrow natural elevation or striation ,
- any long raised strip ,
- a long narrow natural elevation on the floor of the ocean ,
- a long narrow range of hills ,
- any long raised border or margin of a bone or tooth or membrane ,
- a beam laid along the edge where two sloping sides of a roof meet at the top; provides an attachment for the upper ends of rafters
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Ridge'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Ridge'
- Ridge: geography and physical geology. For other uses, see Ridge (disambiguation). A ridge is a geological feature consisting of a chain of mountains
- Ridge-and-Valley Appalachians: The Ridge-and-Valley Appalachians, also called the Ridge and Valley Province or the Valley and Ridge Appalachians, are a physiographic province of the
- Metacomet Ridge: Metacomet Ridge, Metacomet Ridge Mountains, or Metacomet Range of southern New England, United States, is a narrow and steep fault-block mountain ridge known
- Ridge Route: Castaic-Tejon Route in California. For the Ridge Route in ancient Israel, see Way of the Patriarchs. The Ridge Route, officially the Castaic-Tejon Route
- Mid-ocean ridge: A mid-ocean ridge is an underwater mountain system that consists of various mountain ranges (chains), typically having a valley known as a rift running
- Blue Ridge Mountains: The Blue Ridge Mountains are a physiographic province of the larger Appalachian Mountains range. This province consists of northern and southern physiographic
- Mid-Atlantic Ridge: The Mid-Atlantic Ridge (MAR) is a mid-ocean ridge, a divergent tectonic plate or constructive plate boundary located along the floor of the Atlantic Ocean
- Battle of Verrières Ridge: The Battle of Verrières Ridge was a series of engagements fought as part of the Battle of Normandy, in western France, during the Second World War. The
- Cream Ridge, New Jersey: County, New Jersey. For the winery in that community, see Cream Ridge Winery. Cream Ridge (sometimes spelled as Creamridge) is an unincorporated community
- Wheat Ridge, Colorado: Wheat Ridge is a Home Rule Municipality located in Jefferson County, Colorado, United States. Wheat Ridge is a western suburb of Denver. The Wheat Ridge Municipal
Words and phrases related to 'Ridge'
Meaning of the Name 'Ridge'
- Meaning: From the ridge
- Origin: English
- Gender: Male