Ridge Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a beam laid along the ridge of a roof; provides attachment for upper end of rafters
- any long raised border or margin of a bone or tooth or membrane
- a long narrow natural elevation or striation
- a long narrow range of hills
- any long raised strip
- form into a ridge
- spade into alternate ridges and troughs; "ridge the soil"
- throw soil toward (a crop row) from both sides; "He ridged his corn"
- plough alternate strips by throwing the furrow onto an unploughed strip
- extend in ridges; "The land ridges towards the South"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a long narrow natural elevation or striation ,
- any long raised strip ,
- a long narrow natural elevation on the floor of the ocean ,
- a long narrow range of hills ,
- any long raised border or margin of a bone or tooth or membrane ,
- a beam laid along the edge where two sloping sides of a roof meet at the top; provides an attachment for the upper ends of rafters
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Ridge'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Ridge'
- Ridge: A ridge is a geological feature consisting of a chain of mountains or hills that form a continuous elevated crest for some distance. ...
- Ridge (meteorology): A ridge is an elongated region of relatively high atmospheric pressure , the opposite of a trough . In hydrologic terms, a line or wall of ...
- Ridge-and-Valley Appalachians: The Ridge-and-Valley Appalachians, also called the Ridge and Valley Province or the Valley and Ridge Appalachians, are a physiographic ...
- Mid-ocean ridge: A mid-ocean ridge is a general term for an underwater mountain system that consists of various mountain ranges (chains), typically having ...
- Tom Ridge: Thomas Joseph "Tom" Ridge (born August 26, 1945) is an American politician who served as a member of the United States House of ...
- Subtropical ridge: The subtropical ridge, also known as horse latitudes, is a significant belt of high pressure situated around the latitudes of 30°N in the ...
- Ridge Forrester: Ridge Forrester is a fictional character from the CBS Daytime soap opera , The Bold and the Beautiful . The character was introduced in ...
- Major Ridge: Major Ridge, The Ridge (and sometimes Pathkiller II) (c. 1771 – June 22, 1839) (also known as Nunnehidihi, and later Ganundalegi) was a ...
- Ridge Road (Western New York): Ridge Road is a 121.5 | mi | 1 | sing on east–west road that traverses four counties in Upstate New York in the United States. ...
- Wrinkle ridge: A wrinkle ridge is a type of feature commonly found on lunar maria . These features are low, sinuous ridge s formed on the mare surface ...
Words and phrases related to 'Ridge'
Meaning of the Name 'Ridge'
- Meaning: From the ridge
- Origin: English
- Gender: Male