Ridge Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a beam laid along the ridge of a roof; provides attachment for upper end of rafters
- any long raised border or margin of a bone or tooth or membrane
- a long narrow natural elevation or striation
- a long narrow range of hills
- any long raised strip
- form into a ridge
- spade into alternate ridges and troughs; "ridge the soil"
- throw soil toward (a crop row) from both sides; "He ridged his corn"
- plough alternate strips by throwing the furrow onto an unploughed strip
- extend in ridges; "The land ridges towards the South"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a long narrow natural elevation or striation ,
- any long raised strip ,
- a long narrow natural elevation on the floor of the ocean ,
- a long narrow range of hills ,
- any long raised border or margin of a bone or tooth or membrane ,
- a beam laid along the edge where two sloping sides of a roof meet at the top; provides an attachment for the upper ends of rafters
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Ridge'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Ridge'
- Ridge: and geology concept. For other uses, see Ridge (disambiguation). A ridge or mountain ridge is a geological feature consisting of a chain
- Ridge-and-Valley Appalachians: The Ridge-and-Valley Appalachians, also called the Ridge and Valley Province or the Valley and Ridge Appalachians, are a physiographic province of the
- Metacomet Ridge: Metacomet Ridge, Metacomet Ridge Mountains, or Metacomet Range of southern New England, United States, is a narrow and steep fault-block mountain ridge known
- Ridge Route: Castaic-Tejon Route in California. For the Ridge Route in ancient Israel, see Way of the Patriarchs. The Ridge Route, officially the Castaic-Tejon Route
- Battle of Verrières Ridge: The Battle of Verrières Ridge was a series of engagements fought as part of the Battle of Normandy, in western France, during the Second World War. The
- Ridge Avenue (Chicago): Ridge Avenue, also called Ridge Boulevard from Devon Avenue and Howard Street is a diagonal road in Chicago and Evanston. It begins at Broadway and Bryn
- Mid-ocean ridge: coverage related to this topic, see Undersea mountain range. A mid-ocean ridge is an underwater mountain system formed by plate tectonics. It consists
- U.S. Route 40 Alternate (Keysers Ridge–Cumberland, Maryland): of US 40 were bypassed. The part of the bypassed road between Keyser's Ridge and Cumberland became Alt US 40, and other bypassed sections east of Cumberland
- Blue Ridge Mountains: The Blue Ridge Mountains are a physiographic province of the larger Appalachian Mountains range. This province consists of northern and southern physiographic
- Riegel Ridge, New Jersey: Riegel Ridge is an unincorporated community located within Holland Township in Hunterdon County, New Jersey, United States. "Riegel Ridge". Geographic
Words and phrases related to 'Ridge'
Meaning of the Name 'Ridge'
- Meaning: From the ridge
- Origin: English
- Gender: Male