Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Reverting'
Reverting Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : tending to return to an earlier state [syn: returning]
n : a failure to maintain a higher state [syn: backsliding, lapse,
lapsing, relapse, relapsing, reversion]
- Revert \Re*vert"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Reverted; p. pr. & vb.
n. Reverting.] [L. revertere, reversum; pref. re- re- +
vertere to turn: cf. OF. revertir. See Verse, and cf.
- To turn back, or to the contrary; to reverse. Till happy chance revert the cruel scence. --Prior. The tumbling stream . . . Reverted, plays in undulating flow. --Thomson.
- To throw back; to reflect; to reverberate.
- (Chem.) To change back. See Revert, v. i. To revert a series (Alg.), to treat a series, as y = a + bx + cx^2 + etc., where one variable y is expressed in powers of a second variable x, so as to find therefrom the second variable x, expressed in a series arranged in powers of y.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Reverting'
Words and phrases related to 'Reverting'
Reverting Sample Sentences in News
- Reverting to Familiar Rhythm, Knicks Take Beating From Celtics
The Celtics scored the first 12 points and led by as many as 45 to hand the Knicks an embarrassing loss in a matinee at the Garden. Read more on this news related to 'Reverting'
- Back to Neutral on Endo Health
We are reverting to a Neutral recommendation on Endo Health Solutions . Read more on this news related to 'Reverting'
- Egypt’s Latest Constitution
After dabbling in democracy, Egyptians face the choice of reverting to a security state. Read more on this news related to 'Reverting'