Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Reverting'
Reverting Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : tending to return to an earlier state [syn: returning]
n : a failure to maintain a higher state [syn: backsliding, lapse,
lapsing, relapse, relapsing, reversion]
- Revert \Re*vert"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Reverted; p. pr. & vb.
n. Reverting.] [L. revertere, reversum; pref. re- re- +
vertere to turn: cf. OF. revertir. See Verse, and cf.
- To turn back, or to the contrary; to reverse. Till happy chance revert the cruel scence. --Prior. The tumbling stream . . . Reverted, plays in undulating flow. --Thomson.
- To throw back; to reflect; to reverberate.
- (Chem.) To change back. See Revert, v. i. To revert a series (Alg.), to treat a series, as y = a + bx + cx^2 + etc., where one variable y is expressed in powers of a second variable x, so as to find therefrom the second variable x, expressed in a series arranged in powers of y.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Reverting'
Words and phrases related to 'Reverting'
Reverting Sample Sentences in News
- WWE News: Smackdown reverting back to Thursday night
WWE News: Smackdown reverting back to Thursday nights Read more on this news related to 'Reverting'
- Reverting to type: what is the new allure of the typewriter?
Opinion: ‘Inspired by Tom Hanks’s typewriter app, I’m dreaming of an app to transform a washing machine into a portable washboard’ Read more on this news related to 'Reverting'
- NANS commends Fashola for reversing LASU fee
The leadership of the South-West Zone of the National Association of Nigerian Students has commended the Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, for reverting the tuition of the Lagos State University to its original rate. Fashola had increased the tuition from N25,000 to between N193,000 to N350,000, leading the students to go on mass protests. It... [Read Mor Read more on this news related to 'Reverting'