Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Revert'
Revert Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- go back to a previous state; "We reverted to the old rules" [syn: return, retrovert, regress, turn back]
- undergo reversion, as in a mutation
- Revert \Re*vert"\, v. i.
- To return; to come back. So that my arrows Would have reverted to my bow again. --Shak.
- (Law) To return to the proprietor after the termination of a particular estate granted by him.
- (Biol.) To return, wholly or in part, towards some pre["e]xistent form; to take on the traits or characters of an ancestral type.
- (Chem.) To change back, as from a soluble to an insoluble state or the reverse; thus, phosphoric acid in certain fertilizers reverts.
- Revert \Re*vert"\, n.
One who, or that which, reverts.
An active promoter in making the East Saxons converts,
or rather reverts, to the faith. --Fuller.
- Revert \Re*vert"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Reverted; p. pr. & vb.
n. Reverting.] [L. revertere, reversum; pref. re- re- +
vertere to turn: cf. OF. revertir. See Verse, and cf.
- To turn back, or to the contrary; to reverse. Till happy chance revert the cruel scence. --Prior. The tumbling stream . . . Reverted, plays in undulating flow. --Thomson.
- To throw back; to reflect; to reverberate.
- (Chem.) To change back. See Revert, v. i.
To revert a series (Alg.), to treat a series, as y = a + bx
+ cx^2 + etc., where one variable y is expressed in
powers of a second variable x, so as to find therefrom the
second variable x, expressed in a series arranged in
powers of y.
220 catflap.bishopston.net dictd 1.11.2/rf on FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Revert'
- Revert vandalism: redirect Wikipedia:Vandalism.
- Revert, block, ignore: REDIRECT Wikipedia:Revert, block, ignore.
- Three revert rule: REDIRECT Wikipedia:Edit warring#The three-revert rule.
- Revert Henrique Klumb: Revert Henrique Klumb (Germany , 183? — c. 1886) was a renowned German-Brazilian photographer who operated in Brazil in the 19th ...
- Revert war: REDIRECT Wikipedia:Edit warring
- The Three revert rule: REDIRECT Wikipedia:Edit warring#The three-revert rule.
- Juan Navarro-Reverter y Gomis: File:Juan navarro reverter. jpg | 200px Juan Navarro-Reverter y Gomis (Valencia , Spain , 27 January 1844 - Madrid , Spain , 2 April 1924) ...
Words and phrases related to 'Revert'
Revert Sample Sentences in News
- Namibia Government Considers Oil Block Auctions to Improve Terms
Namibia may revert to auctioning oil and gas exploration blocks because it will give the government better terms than the existing open licensing system, said Petroleum Commissioner Immanuel Mulunga. Read more on this news related to 'Revert'
- Alan Pardew Must Revert to 4-3-3 with Newcastle United
Alan Pardew 's Newcastle United are on a dreadful run of form . The Magpies have lost their last four matches without scoring, conceding 12. At home in the league in 2014, Sunderland have found the net more often than Pardew 's men (three to two). The 1-0 defeat to Stoke was a far cry from their peak on Boxing Day when they beat the same opposition 5-1 and Read more on this news related to 'Revert'
- World racehorse ratings set to revert to new year publication in 2015
• Switch would avoid crowning champions too early • Treve and Black Caviar rated joint-top 2013 runners Garry O'Gorman, one of the world's most senior and experienced handicappers, said on Thursday that he expects the publication of the official global Flat ratings to revert to the new year from 2015 after the International Federation of Horseracing Au Read more on this news related to 'Revert'