Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Revert'
Revert Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- go back to a previous state; "We reverted to the old rules" [syn: return, retrovert, regress, turn back]
- undergo reversion, as in a mutation
- Revert \Re*vert"\, v. i.
- To return; to come back. So that my arrows Would have reverted to my bow again. --Shak.
- (Law) To return to the proprietor after the termination of a particular estate granted by him.
- (Biol.) To return, wholly or in part, towards some pre["e]xistent form; to take on the traits or characters of an ancestral type.
- (Chem.) To change back, as from a soluble to an insoluble state or the reverse; thus, phosphoric acid in certain fertilizers reverts.
- Revert \Re*vert"\, n.
One who, or that which, reverts.
An active promoter in making the East Saxons converts,
or rather reverts, to the faith. --Fuller.
- Revert \Re*vert"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Reverted; p. pr. & vb.
n. Reverting.] [L. revertere, reversum; pref. re- re- +
vertere to turn: cf. OF. revertir. See Verse, and cf.
- To turn back, or to the contrary; to reverse. Till happy chance revert the cruel scence. --Prior. The tumbling stream . . . Reverted, plays in undulating flow. --Thomson.
- To throw back; to reflect; to reverberate.
- (Chem.) To change back. See Revert, v. i.
To revert a series (Alg.), to treat a series, as y = a + bx
+ cx^2 + etc., where one variable y is expressed in
powers of a second variable x, so as to find therefrom the
second variable x, expressed in a series arranged in
powers of y.
220 catflap.bishopston.net dictd 1.11.2/rf on FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Revert'
- Revert vandalism: redirect Wikipedia:Vandalism.
- Revert, block, ignore: REDIRECT Wikipedia:Revert, block, ignore.
- Three revert rule: REDIRECT Wikipedia:Edit warring#The three-revert rule.
- Revert Henrique Klumb: Revert Henrique Klumb (Germany , 183? — c. 1886) was a renowned German-Brazilian photographer who operated in Brazil in the 19th ...
- Revert war: REDIRECT Wikipedia:Edit warring
- The Three revert rule: REDIRECT Wikipedia:Edit warring#The three-revert rule.
- Juan Navarro-Reverter y Gomis: File:Juan navarro reverter. jpg | 200px Juan Navarro-Reverter y Gomis (Valencia , Spain , 27 January 1844 - Madrid , Spain , 2 April 1924) ...