Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Revert'
Revert Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- go back to a previous state; "We reverted to the old rules" [syn: return, retrovert, regress, turn back]
- undergo reversion, as in a mutation
- Revert \Re*vert"\, v. i.
- To return; to come back. So that my arrows Would have reverted to my bow again. --Shak.
- (Law) To return to the proprietor after the termination of a particular estate granted by him.
- (Biol.) To return, wholly or in part, towards some pre["e]xistent form; to take on the traits or characters of an ancestral type.
- (Chem.) To change back, as from a soluble to an insoluble state or the reverse; thus, phosphoric acid in certain fertilizers reverts.
- Revert \Re*vert"\, n.
One who, or that which, reverts.
An active promoter in making the East Saxons converts,
or rather reverts, to the faith. --Fuller.
- Revert \Re*vert"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Reverted; p. pr. & vb.
n. Reverting.] [L. revertere, reversum; pref. re- re- +
vertere to turn: cf. OF. revertir. See Verse, and cf.
- To turn back, or to the contrary; to reverse. Till happy chance revert the cruel scence. --Prior. The tumbling stream . . . Reverted, plays in undulating flow. --Thomson.
- To throw back; to reflect; to reverberate.
- (Chem.) To change back. See Revert, v. i.
To revert a series (Alg.), to treat a series, as y = a + bx
+ cx^2 + etc., where one variable y is expressed in
powers of a second variable x, so as to find therefrom the
second variable x, expressed in a series arranged in
powers of y.
220 catflap.bishopston.net dictd 1.11.2/rf on FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Revert'
- Revert vandalism: redirect Wikipedia:Vandalism.
- Revert, block, ignore: REDIRECT Wikipedia:Revert, block, ignore.
- Three revert rule: REDIRECT Wikipedia:Edit warring#The three-revert rule.
- Revert Henrique Klumb: Revert Henrique Klumb (Germany , 183? — c. 1886) was a renowned German-Brazilian photographer who operated in Brazil in the 19th ...
- Revert war: REDIRECT Wikipedia:Edit warring
- The Three revert rule: REDIRECT Wikipedia:Edit warring#The three-revert rule.
- Juan Navarro-Reverter y Gomis: File:Juan navarro reverter. jpg | 200px Juan Navarro-Reverter y Gomis (Valencia , Spain , 27 January 1844 - Madrid , Spain , 2 April 1924) ...
Words and phrases related to 'Revert'
Revert Sample Sentences in News
- Microsoft exec hints at separate Windows release trains for consumers, business
Microsoft may revert to separate release schedules for consumer and business versions of Windows, the company's top OS executive hinted this week. Read more on this news related to 'Revert'
- Milk for $7 a gallon? Farm bill impasse could send US off 'dairy cliff.'
Food stamps and subsidies for farmers are two of the sticking points as Congress negotiates the farm bill. If something isn’t done by next week, it will revert to the original 1930s 'farm law' on New Year’s Day. Read more on this news related to 'Revert'
- Pirelli may revert to one-stop F1 tyres
Pirelli have threatened to revert to supplying 'conservative' tyres that ensure one-stop races in 2014. Read more on this news related to 'Revert'