Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Revert'
Revert Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- go back to a previous state; "We reverted to the old rules" [syn: return, retrovert, regress, turn back]
- undergo reversion, as in a mutation
- Revert \Re*vert"\, v. i.
- To return; to come back. So that my arrows Would have reverted to my bow again. --Shak.
- (Law) To return to the proprietor after the termination of a particular estate granted by him.
- (Biol.) To return, wholly or in part, towards some pre["e]xistent form; to take on the traits or characters of an ancestral type.
- (Chem.) To change back, as from a soluble to an insoluble state or the reverse; thus, phosphoric acid in certain fertilizers reverts.
- Revert \Re*vert"\, n.
One who, or that which, reverts.
An active promoter in making the East Saxons converts,
or rather reverts, to the faith. --Fuller.
- Revert \Re*vert"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Reverted; p. pr. & vb.
n. Reverting.] [L. revertere, reversum; pref. re- re- +
vertere to turn: cf. OF. revertir. See Verse, and cf.
- To turn back, or to the contrary; to reverse. Till happy chance revert the cruel scence. --Prior. The tumbling stream . . . Reverted, plays in undulating flow. --Thomson.
- To throw back; to reflect; to reverberate.
- (Chem.) To change back. See Revert, v. i.
To revert a series (Alg.), to treat a series, as y = a + bx
+ cx^2 + etc., where one variable y is expressed in
powers of a second variable x, so as to find therefrom the
second variable x, expressed in a series arranged in
powers of y.
220 catflap.bishopston.net dictd 1.11.2/rf on FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Revert'
- Revert vandalism: redirect Wikipedia:Vandalism.
- Revert, block, ignore: REDIRECT Wikipedia:Revert, block, ignore.
- Three revert rule: REDIRECT Wikipedia:Edit warring#The three-revert rule.
- Revert Henrique Klumb: Revert Henrique Klumb (Germany , 183? — c. 1886) was a renowned German-Brazilian photographer who operated in Brazil in the 19th ...
- Revert war: REDIRECT Wikipedia:Edit warring
- The Three revert rule: REDIRECT Wikipedia:Edit warring#The three-revert rule.
- Juan Navarro-Reverter y Gomis: File:Juan navarro reverter. jpg | 200px Juan Navarro-Reverter y Gomis (Valencia , Spain , 27 January 1844 - Madrid , Spain , 2 April 1924) ...
Words and phrases related to 'Revert'
Revert Sample Sentences in News
- SA Jockey Club wants Adelaide Cup pushed back to avoid 'Mad March' clash with music festivals
WOMADelaide organisers say they will be forced to revert to a three-day festival if the Adelaide Cup is moved from March to May. Read more on this news related to 'Revert'
- Nigeria: Auto Imports - FG Dumps New Tariff Regime
[Leadership]The federal government has directed the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) to end the new tariff regime for automobile imports and revert to the old one, following protest by clearing agents and their refusal to clear any auto import at the new duty and levy rates. Read more on this news related to 'Revert'
- Revert to original Dusunic names: Star
Kota Kinabalu: Star Sabah has proposed SMK Mat Salleh in Ranau be renamed SMK Ghani Gilong to record appreciation to Tan Sri Ghani Gilong's contributions. Read more on this news related to 'Revert'