Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Revel'
Revel Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : unrestrained merrymaking [syn: revelry]
- take delight in; "he delights in his granddaughter" [syn: delight, enjoy]
- celebrate noisily, often indulging in drinking; engage in uproarious festivities; "The members of the wedding party made merry all night"; "Let's whoop it up--the boss is gone!" [syn: racket, make whoopie, make merry, make happy, whoop it up, jollify, wassail] [also: revelling, revelled]
- Revel \Rev"el\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Reveledor Revelled; p.
pr. & vb. n. Reveling or Revelling.] [OF. reveler to
revolt, rebel, make merry, fr. L. rebellare. See Rebel.]
- To feast in a riotous manner; to carouse; to act the bacchanalian; to make merry. --Shak.
- To move playfully; to indulge without restraint. ``Where joy most revels.'' --Shak.
- Revel \Re*vel"\, v. t. [L. revellere; re- + vellere to pluck,
To draw back; to retract. [Obs.] --Harvey.
- Reveal \Re*veal"\, n.
- A revealing; a disclosure. [Obs.]
- (Arch.) The side of an opening for a window, doorway, or the like, between the door frame or window frame and the outer surface of the wall; or, where the opening is not filled with a door, etc., the whole thickness of the wall; the jamb. [Written also revel.]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Revel'
- Revel: Revel may refer to: Places : Revel, Haute-Garonne , a commune of the Haute-Garonne department in south-western France ...
- Harry Revel: Harry Revel (21 December 1905 – 3 November 1958) was an English composer of musical theatre . Revel was born in London . Before ...
- Revel, Haute-Garonne: Revel (Revèl) is a commune of the Haute-Garonne department in south-western France . General information : Revel is a town of approximately ...
- Revel Entertainment Group: Revel Entertainment Group, LLC, commonly referred to as Revel, is a gaming and entertainment company that is presently developing a ...
- Revel (album): Revel is the first official release by the Richmond, Virginia , based Pat McGee Band . Track listing ": "Passion" 4:21" "Straight Curve" 5:27" ...
- Revel, Isère: Revel is a commune in the Isère department in south-eastern France . See also : Communes of the Isère department Category:Communes of Isère ...
- Master of the Revels: The Master of the Revels was a position within the English, and later the British, royal household heading the "Revels Office" or "Office ...
- Bernard Revel: Bernard (Dov) Revel (September 17, 1885-1940) was an Orthodox rabbi and scholar. He served as the first President of Yeshiva College ...
- Hiram Rhodes Revels: Hiram Rhodes Revels (September 27, 1827 – January 16, 1901) was the first African American to serve in the United States Senate . ...
Words and phrases related to 'Revel'
Revel Sample Sentences in News
- Adobe's Revel photo-editing app comes to Android
Adobe has made its Revel photo-app available for Android, allowing users to share and edit photos on their Android devices. Revel is an app meant for sharing, storing and managing photos and videos. Users can create albums, share photos and videos via social media and edit pictures as well as add captions and comments to the photos, Adobe said in a blog post annou Read more on this news related to 'Revel'
- Adobe brings Revel photo-sync service to Android
Adobe Revel for Android lets you sync photos and videos across mobile devices and PCs, share them with contacts, and edit photos. (Credit: screenshot by Stephen Shankland/CNET) Adobe Systems has released a version of its Revel service for syncing and sharing photos and videos to Android. Revel for Android lets people upload photos and videos, organize them into al Read more on this news related to 'Revel'
- NJ OKs Revel co-owners to operate casino
New Jersey casino regulators gave final approval Wednesday to an investment firm to be the largest owner of Revel Casino Hotel. The state Casino Control Commission granted final approval to Chatham Asset ... Read more on this news related to 'Revel'