Revel Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- unrestrained merrymaking
- take delight in; "he delights in his granddaughter"
- celebrate noisily, often indulging in drinking; engage in uproarious festivities; "The members of the wedding party made merry all night"; "Let''s whoop it up--the boss is gone!"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- unrestrained merrymaking
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Revel'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Revel'
- Revel: Revel may refer to: Red River Revel, an annual festival of food, culture, art and music that takes place in Shreveport, Louisiana (known as "The Revel"
- Revel Atlantic City: Revel Atlantic City was a casino, hotel and resort in Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States. Revel was the northernmost casino on the Atlantic City
- Bernard Revel Graduate School of Jewish Studies: The Bernard Revel Graduate School of Jewish Studies was Yeshiva University’s first graduate school. Founded in 1937, it was named for Yeshiva University's
- Jean-François Revel: Jean-François Revel (19 January 1924 – 30 April 2006) was a French journalist, author, philosopher and a member of the Académie française from June 1998
- Craig Revel Horwood: Craig Revel Horwood (born 4 January 1965) is an Australian-British dancer, choreographer and theatre director in the United Kingdom. He is a patron of
- Méolans-Revel: Méolans-Revel is a commune in the Alpes-de-Haute-Provence department in southeastern France. Ubaye Valley Communes of the Alpes-de-Haute-Provence department
- Revel, Isère: Revel is a commune in the Isère department in southeastern France. Communes of the Isère department INSEE statistics Official site
- Revel, Haute-Garonne: Revel (Occitan: Revèl) is a commune in the Haute-Garonne department in southwestern France. Revel is situated about 35 miles (54 kilometres) east of
- Harry Revel: Harry Revel (21 December 1905 – 3 November 1958) was an English composer of musical theatre. Revel was born in London. Before emigrating to the United
- Bernard Revel: Bernard (Dov) Revel (Hebrew: ברנרד רבל; September 17, 1885 – December 2, 1940) was an Orthodox rabbi and scholar. He served as the first President of
Words and phrases related to 'Revel'
Revel Sample Sentences in News
- Revel sale put on hold while nightclub appeals terms
The sale of Atlantic City's former Revel casino is on hold while the company that ran its popular nightclub and beach bar appeals. Third U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals Judge Thomas Ambro, based in Philadelphia, ... Read more on this news related to 'Revel'
- Judge blocks sale of Revel pending appeal
A federal appeals court judge in Philadelphia has blocked the sale of the former Revel Casino Hotel in Atlantic City until an appeal of sale terms by nightclub operator IDEA Boardwalk L.L.C. is decided. Read more on this news related to 'Revel'
- New Jersey's Revel Casino sale delayed while judge reviews appeal
A U.S. federal appeals court has delayed the sale of the shuttered Revel Casino in Atlantic City pending an appeal by a company that ran its nightclub and boardwalk dance club. The order, issued late on Friday by Third U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals Court Judge Thomas Ambro, gives attorneys for Revel until Tuesday to respond to the appeal filed by IDEA Boardwalk, L Read more on this news related to 'Revel'