Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Renard'
Renard Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Renard \Ren"ard\ (r?n"?rd), n. [F. renard the fox, the name of
the fox in a celebrated epic poem, and of German origin, G.
Reinhard, OHG. Reginhard, properly, strong in counsel; regin
counsel (akin to Goth. ragin) + hart hard. See Hard.]
A fox; -- so called in fables or familiar tales, and in
poetry. [Written also reynard.]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Renard'
- Renard: Renard (French for "fox ") can indicate: Fictional characters and art : Reynard , an anthropomorphic fox of European folklore. The Reynard ...
- Renard (Stravinsky): Renard, Histoire burlesque chantée et jouée (The Fox: burlesque tale sung and played) is a one-act chamber opera-ballet by Igor Stravinsky ...
- Renard (James Bond): Viktor Lavrentievich Zokas-, better known by his alias of Renard, the Anarchist, is a fictional character and main antagonist in the James ...
- Charles Renard: Charles Renard (Damblain, Vosges , 1847 - Meudon 1905), French military engineer, started to work after the Franco-Prussian War of 1870/ ...
- Renard GAA: Reenard (or Renard as it is also spelled) is a Gaelic Athletic Association club from the Kerry , Ireland townland of Reenard . ...
- Renard, Guadeloupe: Renard is a settlement in Guadeloupe , on the island of Grande-Terre . It is located to the west of Dubedou and Zevallos , and to the ...
- French cutter Renard: The Renard was a cutter armed by Robert Surcouf . She was his eighth and last privateer ship. Renard was launched in 1812 and commissioned ...
- Renard Epervier: The Renard Epervier was a Belgian prototype single-seat all-metal fighter monoplane built by the brothers Renard for a government- ...
- Jules Renard: Pierre-Jules Renard or Jules Renard (February 22, 1864- May 22, 1910) was a French author and member of the Académie Goncourt , most ...
Words and phrases related to 'Renard'
Meaning of the Name 'Renard'
- Meaning: Strong counselor.
- Origin: French
- Gender: Male
Renard Sample Sentences in News
- Renard set for 2015 Nations Cup hosts Morocco
Sochaux manager Herve Renard, who guided outsiders Zambia to the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations title, is set to be named as the next manager of 2015 Nations Cup hosts Morocco, his agent told AFP on Thursday. "Herve Renard is Morocco's priority," Youssef Haijoub said. "He should be be chosen as manager as soon as the new president of the Moroccan Fo Read more on this news related to 'Renard'
- Ayew hopes to repay ‘father’ Renard
The Ghanaian striker hopes to end his goal drought soon and believes the encouragement from his “father’ will help rekindle his scoring prowess Read more on this news related to 'Renard'
- Stornoway Diamond’s Biggest Shareholder Sees Funding Soon
Stornoway Diamond Corp. (SWY) ’s biggest shareholder said the company is moving closer to securing financing for the Renard project , which may be the first diamond mine in Quebec , and an announcement will probably be made soon. Read more on this news related to 'Renard'