Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Renard'
Renard Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Renard \Ren"ard\ (r?n"?rd), n. [F. renard the fox, the name of
the fox in a celebrated epic poem, and of German origin, G.
Reinhard, OHG. Reginhard, properly, strong in counsel; regin
counsel (akin to Goth. ragin) + hart hard. See Hard.]
A fox; -- so called in fables or familiar tales, and in
poetry. [Written also reynard.]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Renard'
- Renard: Renard (French for "fox ") can indicate: Fictional characters and art : Reynard , an anthropomorphic fox of European folklore. The Reynard ...
- Renard (Stravinsky): Renard, Histoire burlesque chantée et jouée (The Fox: burlesque tale sung and played) is a one-act chamber opera-ballet by Igor Stravinsky ...
- Renard (James Bond): Viktor Lavrentievich Zokas-, better known by his alias of Renard, the Anarchist, is a fictional character and main antagonist in the James ...
- Charles Renard: Charles Renard (Damblain, Vosges , 1847 - Meudon 1905), French military engineer, started to work after the Franco-Prussian War of 1870/ ...
- Renard GAA: Reenard (or Renard as it is also spelled) is a Gaelic Athletic Association club from the Kerry , Ireland townland of Reenard . ...
- Renard, Guadeloupe: Renard is a settlement in Guadeloupe , on the island of Grande-Terre . It is located to the west of Dubedou and Zevallos , and to the ...
- French cutter Renard: The Renard was a cutter armed by Robert Surcouf . She was his eighth and last privateer ship. Renard was launched in 1812 and commissioned ...
- Renard Epervier: The Renard Epervier was a Belgian prototype single-seat all-metal fighter monoplane built by the brothers Renard for a government- ...
- Jules Renard: Pierre-Jules Renard or Jules Renard (February 22, 1864- May 22, 1910) was a French author and member of the Académie Goncourt , most ...
Words and phrases related to 'Renard'
Meaning of the Name 'Renard'
- Meaning: Strong counselor.
- Origin: French
- Gender: Male
Renard Sample Sentences in News
- Stornoway Provides Renard Project Update
Stornoway Diamond Corporation is pleased to provide an update on progress at the Renard Diamond Project in north central Quebec, Stornoway's C$811m mine development project. Construction commenced on July ... Read more on this news related to 'Renard'
- Soccer-Frenchman Renard named Ivory Coast coach
* Two-year contract for Frenchman Renard * Replaces Lamouchi after World Cup failure (adds details) ABIDJAN, July 31 (Reuters) - Frenchman Herve Renard, who led Zambia to the African Nations Cup title in 2012, was on Thursday named as Ivory Coast coach. He takes charge of Africa's second-ranked team in place of Sabri Lamouchi, whose contract was not renewed af Read more on this news related to 'Renard'
- Renard in three-way race to coach Ivory Coast
Former Zambia Africa Cup of Nations-winning coach Herve Renard could take charge of serial 'chokers' Ivory Coast this week. Renard, fellow Frenchman Frederic Antonetti and Portuguese Manuel Jose are the trio shortlisted to succeed Sabri Lamouchi. A couple of other French coaches, Luis Fernandez and Francis Gillot, were dropped from the original list. Read more on this news related to 'Renard'