Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Refreshing'
Refreshing Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- imparting vitality and energy; "the bracing mountain air" [syn: bracing, brisk, energizing, energising, fresh, refreshful, tonic]
- pleasantly novel or different; "common sense of a most refreshing sort" [syn: novel]
- Refresh \Re*fresh"\ (r?*fr?sh"), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Refreshed
(-fr?sht"); p. pr. & vb. n. Refreshing.] [OE. refreshen,
refreschen, OF. refreschir (cf. OF. rafraischir, rafreschir,
F. rafra?chir); pref. re- re- + fres fresh. F. frais. See
- To make fresh again; to restore strength, spirit, animation, or the like, to; to relieve from fatigue or depression; to reinvigorate; to enliven anew; to reanimate; as, sleep refreshes the body and the mind. --Chaucer. Foer they have refreshed my spirit and yours. --1 Cor. xvi. 18. And labor shall refresh itself with hope. --Shak.
- To make as if new; to repair; to restore. The rest refresh the scaly snakes that fol? The shield of Pallas, and renew their gold. --Dryden. To refresh the memory, to quicken or strengthen it, as by a reference, review, memorandum, or suggestion. Syn: To cool; refrigerate; invigorate; revive; reanimate; renovate; renew; restore; recreate; enliven; cheer.
- Refreshing \Re*fresh"ing\, a.
Reviving; reanimating. -- Re*fresh"ing*ly, adv. --
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Refreshing'
- Coca-Cola Refreshing Filmmaker's Award: Created in 1998, Coca-Cola has given out the Coca-Cola Refreshing Filmmaker's Award to a student winner of their competition. ...
Words and phrases related to 'Refreshing'
Refreshing Sample Sentences in News
- The wait is over: The GUINNESS® brand introduces new Lager to Canada
GUINNESS®Black Lager Beer brings crisp, refreshing taste to more than 250 years of brewing excellence TORONTO, May 21, 2013 /CNW/ - Canadian beer drinkers no longer have to wait 119.5 seconds for the perfect ... Read more on this news related to 'Refreshing'
- Ciders offer a refreshing break: Crack One Open
Ciders can vary widely and be a great break on a hot day. Crack Open Open tastes a few. Read more on this news related to 'Refreshing'
- Mai Tai: A Refreshing Summer Drink
Looking for a quick respite from the hot and icky summer heat? Do yourself a favor and grab a glass of Mai Tai, a refreshing drink that has become a staple in beaches and poolside parties. "It's a tropical and fruity drink that's perfect for summer," Kat Nantes, co-owner of Paire Cocktails and Pastries, shares. ... Read more on this news related to 'Refreshing'