Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Refreshing'
Refreshing Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- imparting vitality and energy; "the bracing mountain air" [syn: bracing, brisk, energizing, energising, fresh, refreshful, tonic]
- pleasantly novel or different; "common sense of a most refreshing sort" [syn: novel]
- Refresh \Re*fresh"\ (r?*fr?sh"), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Refreshed
(-fr?sht"); p. pr. & vb. n. Refreshing.] [OE. refreshen,
refreschen, OF. refreschir (cf. OF. rafraischir, rafreschir,
F. rafra?chir); pref. re- re- + fres fresh. F. frais. See
- To make fresh again; to restore strength, spirit, animation, or the like, to; to relieve from fatigue or depression; to reinvigorate; to enliven anew; to reanimate; as, sleep refreshes the body and the mind. --Chaucer. Foer they have refreshed my spirit and yours. --1 Cor. xvi. 18. And labor shall refresh itself with hope. --Shak.
- To make as if new; to repair; to restore. The rest refresh the scaly snakes that fol? The shield of Pallas, and renew their gold. --Dryden. To refresh the memory, to quicken or strengthen it, as by a reference, review, memorandum, or suggestion. Syn: To cool; refrigerate; invigorate; revive; reanimate; renovate; renew; restore; recreate; enliven; cheer.
- Refreshing \Re*fresh"ing\, a.
Reviving; reanimating. -- Re*fresh"ing*ly, adv. --
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Refreshing'
- Coca-Cola Refreshing Filmmaker's Award: Created in 1998, Coca-Cola has given out the Coca-Cola Refreshing Filmmaker's Award to a student winner of their competition. ...
Words and phrases related to 'Refreshing'
Refreshing Sample Sentences in News
- 6 Refreshing Labor Day Cocktail Recipes
This post originally appeared on Refinery29.com. You will most likely be headed out to a Labor Day barbecue of some sort this weekend (your small balcony equipped with grill counts, too), so it’s about time you start thinking about what to bring. While it’s just too easy to grab a case of beer and call… Read more on this news related to 'Refreshing'
- Redskins vs. Buccaneers: Snap Counts
While you're refreshing your page for the latest Redskins cuts, take a look at the snap count breakdown in the Redskins final pre-season game against the Bucs. Read more on this news related to 'Refreshing'
- Montana's 'refreshing' candidate 'needs more time'
U.S. Sen. Jon Tester is famous for his flat-top and middle of the road politics. Amanda Curtis, Tester's fellow Democrat and would-be colleague from Montana, is known for her nose ring and her unabashedly liberal affiliations. Read more on this news related to 'Refreshing'