Referential Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- referring or pointing to something; "symbols are inherently referential"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Referential'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Referential'
- Referential transparency: Referential transparency may refer to: Referential transparency (computer science), a property whereby an expression can be replaced by its value without
- Referential integrity: Referential integrity is a property of data which, when satisfied, requires every value of one attribute (column) of a relation (table) to exist as a
- Self-referential humor: Self-referential humour or self-reflexive humor is a type of comedic expression that—either directed toward some other subject, or openly directed toward
- Referential transparency (computer science): Referential transparency and referential opacity are properties of parts of computer programs. An expression is said to be referentially transparent if
- Referential indeterminacy: Referential indeterminacy is a linguistic term referring to situations in which different people vary in naming objects. For example, William Labov studied
- Declarative Referential Integrity: Declarative Referential Integrity (DRI) is one of the techniques in the SQL database programming language to ensure data integrity. Main article: Foreign
Words and phrases related to 'Referential'
Referential Sample Sentences in News
- After merger, chimpanzees learned new grunt for 'apple'
( Cell Press ) Chimpanzees have special grunts for particular types of foods, and their fellow chimps know exactly what those calls mean. Now, by studying what happened after two separate groups of adult chimpanzees moved in together at the Edinburgh Zoo, researchers have made the surprising discovery, published in Current Biology, that our primate cousins can cha Read more on this news related to 'Referential'
- Chimps can change grunts to match local norms
London, Feb 6 (IANS) Just as humans can learn the local language after migrating to a new place, chimpanzees too can change their grunts over time to make them sound more like those of new peers, new research says. "Our study shows that chimpanzee referential food calls are not fixed in their structure and that, when exposed to a new social group, chimpanzees Read more on this news related to 'Referential'
- Proud to live in Toronto’s Junction neighbourhood: Keenan
I live in The Junction. Like many people who live in The Junction, I’m proud of my neighbourhood. In fact, a certain self-referential pride in living in The Junction is often a defining trait of local residents. If you’re inclined, you can ride the Junction 40 bus route out to a party organized by The Junction Project social group, held at The Junction City Mu Read more on this news related to 'Referential'