Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Recommence'
Recommence Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- cause to start anew; "The Taliban recommenced hostilities after a few days of quiet"
- beging again; "we recommenced his reading after a short nap"
- Recommence \Re`com*mence"\ (r?`k?m*m?ns"), v. i.
- To commence or begin again. --Howell.
- To begin anew to be; to act again as. [Archaic.] He seems desirous enough of recommencing courtier. --Johnson.
- Recommence \Re`com*mence"\, v. t. [Pref. re- + commence: cf. F.
To commence again or anew.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Recommence'
Words and phrases related to 'Recommence'
Recommence Sample Sentences in News
- Growth on agenda as G20 talks recommence
Federal Treasurer Joe Hockey will continue to push for growth as G20 talks recommence in Sydney. Read more on this news related to 'Recommence'
- Mainland sees zero application of A-share IPO for 13th week
Mainland authority will recommence the review and approval meeting for IPO this month. However, no ... Read more on this news related to 'Recommence'
- Ukrainian Premier League season to recommence
Top-flight football in the eastern European state will restart after political tension and violence had delayed the competition Read more on this news related to 'Recommence'