Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Recommence'
Recommence Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- cause to start anew; "The Taliban recommenced hostilities after a few days of quiet"
- beging again; "we recommenced his reading after a short nap"
- Recommence \Re`com*mence"\ (r?`k?m*m?ns"), v. i.
- To commence or begin again. --Howell.
- To begin anew to be; to act again as. [Archaic.] He seems desirous enough of recommencing courtier. --Johnson.
- Recommence \Re`com*mence"\, v. t. [Pref. re- + commence: cf. F.
To commence again or anew.