Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Recommence'
Recommence Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- cause to start anew; "The Taliban recommenced hostilities after a few days of quiet"
- beging again; "we recommenced his reading after a short nap"
- Recommence \Re`com*mence"\ (r?`k?m*m?ns"), v. i.
- To commence or begin again. --Howell.
- To begin anew to be; to act again as. [Archaic.] He seems desirous enough of recommencing courtier. --Johnson.
- Recommence \Re`com*mence"\, v. t. [Pref. re- + commence: cf. F.
To commence again or anew.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Recommence'
Words and phrases related to 'Recommence'
Recommence Sample Sentences in News
- Toyota to Restart Indian Operations
Toyota Motor Corporation announced that it will recommence production in its Indian assembly plants, which were closed on Mar 16, 2014 due to demands for wage hike. Read more on this news related to 'Recommence'
- Japan's quick turnaround on whaling disappointing - Shearer
News that Japan plans to recommence some form of "scientific" whaling programme so quickly after the International Court of Justice’s ruling against it is very disappointing, says David Shearer, Labour’s Foreign Affairs spokesperson. "New Zealanders expected the ICJ ruling - that Japan’s whaling programme did not stack up as ‘scientific’ a Read more on this news related to 'Recommence'
- SUNSHINE OIL (02012.HK) to secure financing to recommence West Ells production project
SUNSHINE OIL (02012.HK) announced the strategic financial plan for the second quarter of the year.... Read more on this news related to 'Recommence'