Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Recapitulate'
Recapitulate Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- summarize briefly; "Let's recapitulate the main ideas" [syn: recap]
- repeat stages of evolutionary development during the embryonic phase of life
- repeat an earlier theme of a composition [syn: reprise, reprize, repeat]
- Recapitulate \Re*ca*pit"u*late\, v. t. [L. recapitulare,
recapitulatum; pref. re- re- + capitulum a small head,
chapter, section. See Capitulate.]
To repeat, as the principal points in a discourse, argument,
or essay; to give a summary of the principal facts, points,
or arguments of; to relate in brief; to summarize.
- Recapitulate \Re`ca*pit"u*late\, v. i.
To sum up, or enumerate by heads or topics, what has been
previously said; to repeat briefly the substance.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Recapitulate'
Words and phrases related to 'Recapitulate'