Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Recapitulate'
Recapitulate Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- summarize briefly; "Let's recapitulate the main ideas" [syn: recap]
- repeat stages of evolutionary development during the embryonic phase of life
- repeat an earlier theme of a composition [syn: reprise, reprize, repeat]
- Recapitulate \Re*ca*pit"u*late\, v. t. [L. recapitulare,
recapitulatum; pref. re- re- + capitulum a small head,
chapter, section. See Capitulate.]
To repeat, as the principal points in a discourse, argument,
or essay; to give a summary of the principal facts, points,
or arguments of; to relate in brief; to summarize.
- Recapitulate \Re`ca*pit"u*late\, v. i.
To sum up, or enumerate by heads or topics, what has been
previously said; to repeat briefly the substance.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Recapitulate'
Words and phrases related to 'Recapitulate'
Recapitulate Sample Sentences in News
- Scientists accelerate aging in stem cells to study age-related diseases like Parkinson's
A study has revealed a new method for converting induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) into nerve cells that recapitulate features associated with aging as well as Parkinson's disease. The simple approach, which involves exposing iPSC-derived cells to a protein associated with premature aging called progerin, could enable scientists to use stem cells to model Read more on this news related to 'Recapitulate'
- Paving the Way for New Parkinson's Treatments
Scientists have developed an accelerated stem-cell technique that could eventually lead to treatments for Parkinson’s disease and aging. The technique involves converting induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) into nerve cells that recapitulate features associated with aging as well as Parkinson's. Read more on this news related to 'Recapitulate'