Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Recapitulate'
Recapitulate Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- summarize briefly; "Let's recapitulate the main ideas" [syn: recap]
- repeat stages of evolutionary development during the embryonic phase of life
- repeat an earlier theme of a composition [syn: reprise, reprize, repeat]
- Recapitulate \Re*ca*pit"u*late\, v. t. [L. recapitulare,
recapitulatum; pref. re- re- + capitulum a small head,
chapter, section. See Capitulate.]
To repeat, as the principal points in a discourse, argument,
or essay; to give a summary of the principal facts, points,
or arguments of; to relate in brief; to summarize.
- Recapitulate \Re`ca*pit"u*late\, v. i.
To sum up, or enumerate by heads or topics, what has been
previously said; to repeat briefly the substance.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Recapitulate'
Words and phrases related to 'Recapitulate'
Recapitulate Sample Sentences in News
- Of OPR and Bank Negara’s ‘ultimate’ fiduciary responsibility to the rakyat
At the point of writing this piece, the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) has yet to decide on the Overnight Policy Rate (OPR). Speculation is rife that the benchmark interest rate is bound to be raised. To recapitulate, the OPR is the interest rate set by the central bank of a country, in our case BNM. It is the interest rate at which Read more on this news related to 'Recapitulate'