Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Recapitulate'
Recapitulate Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- summarize briefly; "Let's recapitulate the main ideas" [syn: recap]
- repeat stages of evolutionary development during the embryonic phase of life
- repeat an earlier theme of a composition [syn: reprise, reprize, repeat]
- Recapitulate \Re*ca*pit"u*late\, v. t. [L. recapitulare,
recapitulatum; pref. re- re- + capitulum a small head,
chapter, section. See Capitulate.]
To repeat, as the principal points in a discourse, argument,
or essay; to give a summary of the principal facts, points,
or arguments of; to relate in brief; to summarize.
- Recapitulate \Re`ca*pit"u*late\, v. i.
To sum up, or enumerate by heads or topics, what has been
previously said; to repeat briefly the substance.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Recapitulate'
Words and phrases related to 'Recapitulate'
Recapitulate Sample Sentences in News
The story so far To recapitulate: as has been seen, the historical and cultural position of the Malay rulers is wider and deeper than their modern constitutional position and role. But when these rulers act in their modern and formal constitutional capacity, their actions and functions are constitutionally created, defined and delimited.... Read more on this news related to 'Recapitulate'