Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Rebate'
Rebate Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a refund of some fraction of the amount paid [syn: discount]
- a rectangular groove made to hold two pieces together [syn: rabbet] v
- give a reduction in the price during a sale; "The store is rebating refrigerators this week"
- cut a rebate in (timber or stone)
- join with a rebate; "rebate the pieces of timber and stone"
- Rebate \Re*bate"\, v. i.
To abate; to withdraw. [Obs.] --Foxe.
- Rebate \Re*bate"\, n.
- (Com.) Deduction; abatement; as, a rebate of interest for immediate payment; a rebate of importation duties. --Bouvier.
- Rebate \Re*bate"\, n. [See Rabbet.]
- (Arch.) A restangular longitudinal recess or groove, cut in the corner or edge of any body; a rabbet. See Rabbet.
- A piece of wood hafted into a long stick, and serving to beat out mortar. --Elmes.
- An iron tool sharpened something like a chisel, and used for dressing and polishing wood. --Elmes.
- [Perhaps a different word.] A kind of hard freestone used in making pavements. [R.] --Elmes.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Rebate'
- Rebate: Rebate can refer to: Rebate or rabbet , a woodworking term for a groove. Film rebate, the term for the border around photographic film ...
- Rebate (marketing): A rebate is an amount paid by way of reduction, return, or refund on what has already been paid or contributed. It is a type of sales ...
- UK rebate: The UK rebate (often referred to as the British rebate) is a rebate on the United Kingdom 's contribution to the EU budget paid back to the ...
- Rebate plane: The rebate plane (also known as the rabbet plane) is a hand plane designed for cutting rebates in wood. It's a simple tool, used in many ...
- Car Allowance Rebate System: The Car Allowance Rebate System (CARS), colloquially known as "Cash for Clunkers", was a $3 billion U.S. federal scrappage program ...
- Rebate card: A rebate card is a debit card that provides funds promised by a business as a rebate . They are often offered to those who make a ...
- Instant rebate: An instant rebate or sometimes instant savings, is a marketing strategy or gimmick in which a product is either advertised at a specific ...
- Kicker (Oregon tax rebate): The Oregon tax rebate, commonly referred to as the kicker, is a rebate given to both individual and corporate taxpayer s in the U.S. state ...
Words and phrases related to 'Rebate'
Rebate Sample Sentences in News
- ‘Tax rebate could be scrapped’
Private citizens, elected officials, and businesses weighed in yesterday on what they describe as a hastily-passed bill allowing casino gaming on Saipan, including scrapping the tax rebate for everyone in the CNMI except for the exclusive Saipan casino license holder. Read more on this news related to 'Rebate'
- Monks get £20,000 electricity rebate
Monks living on Caldey Island off Pembrokeshire get a £20,000 refund after being overcharged for electricity for the past decade. Read more on this news related to 'Rebate'
- Hiring incentives for NSW employers
The NSW government has boosted a tax rebate for businesses that employ workers laid off in mass redundancies Read more on this news related to 'Rebate'