Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Rebate'
Rebate Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a refund of some fraction of the amount paid [syn: discount]
- a rectangular groove made to hold two pieces together [syn: rabbet] v
- give a reduction in the price during a sale; "The store is rebating refrigerators this week"
- cut a rebate in (timber or stone)
- join with a rebate; "rebate the pieces of timber and stone"
- Rebate \Re*bate"\, v. i.
To abate; to withdraw. [Obs.] --Foxe.
- Rebate \Re*bate"\, n.
- (Com.) Deduction; abatement; as, a rebate of interest for immediate payment; a rebate of importation duties. --Bouvier.
- Rebate \Re*bate"\, n. [See Rabbet.]
- (Arch.) A restangular longitudinal recess or groove, cut in the corner or edge of any body; a rabbet. See Rabbet.
- A piece of wood hafted into a long stick, and serving to beat out mortar. --Elmes.
- An iron tool sharpened something like a chisel, and used for dressing and polishing wood. --Elmes.
- [Perhaps a different word.] A kind of hard freestone used in making pavements. [R.] --Elmes.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Rebate'
- Rebate: Rebate can refer to: Rebate or rabbet , a woodworking term for a groove. Film rebate, the term for the border around photographic film ...
- Rebate (marketing): A rebate is an amount paid by way of reduction, return, or refund on what has already been paid or contributed. It is a type of sales ...
- UK rebate: The UK rebate (often referred to as the British rebate) is a rebate on the United Kingdom 's contribution to the EU budget paid back to the ...
- Rebate plane: The rebate plane (also known as the rabbet plane) is a hand plane designed for cutting rebates in wood. It's a simple tool, used in many ...
- Car Allowance Rebate System: The Car Allowance Rebate System (CARS), colloquially known as "Cash for Clunkers", was a $3 billion U.S. federal scrappage program ...
- Rebate card: A rebate card is a debit card that provides funds promised by a business as a rebate . They are often offered to those who make a ...
- Instant rebate: An instant rebate or sometimes instant savings, is a marketing strategy or gimmick in which a product is either advertised at a specific ...
- Kicker (Oregon tax rebate): The Oregon tax rebate, commonly referred to as the kicker, is a rebate given to both individual and corporate taxpayer s in the U.S. state ...
Words and phrases related to 'Rebate'