Realistic Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- aware or expressing awareness of things as they really are; "a realistic description"; "a realistic view of the possibilities"; "a realistic appraisal of our chances"; "the actors tried to create a realistic portrayal of the Africans"
- representing what is real; not abstract or ideal; "realistic portraiture"; "a realistic novel"; "in naturalistic colors"; "the school of naturalistic writers"
- of or relating to the philosophical doctrine of realism; "a realistic system of thought"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Realistic'?
Realistic Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Reality means anything that is real. An event that has actually happened, or a thing which really exists is said to have "reality." Something close to reality is realistic.
Reality is the state of things as they are, rather than as they may appear or might be imagined. In a wider definition, reality includes everything that is and has been, whether or not we can see it and understand it. An even wider definition includes everything that has existed, exists, or will exist.
Reality is often contrasted with what is imaginary, delusional, in the mind, dreams, what is false, what is fictional, or what is abstract. The truth refers to what is real, while falsity refers to what is not. Fictions are not real.
All the same, what is abstract plays a role in everyday life and in academic research. For instance, causality, virtue, life and justice are abstract concepts. They are difficult to define, but they are not pure delusions.
Words and phrases related to 'Realistic'
'Realistic' example sentence in quotations
* We have been taught to believe that negative equals realistic and positive equals unrealistic. - Susan Jeffers
* I never have a realistic sense of self. I either think everything I do is terrible and I'm the worst guy on the planet, or from time to time I'll think I'm the greatest gift to music and the coolest guy who ever lived, but that happens maybe an hour out of the week. Some days I'm more concerned with how my hair looks than what my guitar sounds like. - Dave Navarro
Click here for more related quotations on 'Realistic'
Realistic Sample Sentences in News
- F1: Boss warns Ferrari to stay realistic
Ferrari must stay realistic about its goals for the 2015 Formula 1 season despite a shock win in the Malaysian Grand Prix, according to team principal Maurizio Arrivabene Read more on this news related to 'Realistic'
- 3D printed organs offer ultra-realistic practice models
An incision from the surgeon's scalpel sends liquid oozing over the surface of a the lung, but on this occasion it doesn't matter if something goes wrong -- the doctor can simply create another model with a 3D printer. The ultra-realistic lung -- wet, soft, and complete with tumours and blood vessels -- is one of a range of organs being produced by a Japan Read more on this news related to 'Realistic'
- Operation Jade Helm: Special Forces ‘Realistic Military Training’ In Seven Southwestern States Prompts Martial Law Fears
Operation Jade Helm involves 1,2000 special forces team members being dropped into seven southwestern states as a part of realistic military training exercises. The domestic special ops training has become highly controversial. The special ops soldiers, some of the most elite fighting men in the world, will be ordered to “operate undetected” among the American Read more on this news related to 'Realistic'