Realistic Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- aware or expressing awareness of things as they really are; "a realistic description"; "a realistic view of the possibilities"; "a realistic appraisal of our chances"; "the actors tried to create a realistic portrayal of the Africans"
- representing what is real; not abstract or ideal; "realistic portraiture"; "a realistic novel"; "in naturalistic colors"; "the school of naturalistic writers"
- of or relating to the philosophical doctrine of realism; "a realistic system of thought"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Realistic'?
Realistic Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Reality means anything that is real. An event that has actually happened, or a thing which really exists is said to have "reality." Something close to reality is realistic.
Reality is the state of things as they are, rather than as they may appear or might be imagined. In a wider definition, reality includes everything that is and has been, whether or not we can see it and understand it. An even wider definition includes everything that has existed, exists, or will exist.
Reality is often contrasted with what is imaginary, delusional, in the mind, dreams, what is false, what is fictional, or what is abstract. The truth refers to what is real, while falsity refers to what is not. Fictions are not real.
All the same, what is abstract plays a role in everyday life and in academic research. For instance, causality, virtue, life and justice are abstract concepts. They are difficult to define, but they are not pure delusions.
Words and phrases related to 'Realistic'
'Realistic' example sentence in quotations
* We have been taught to believe that negative equals realistic and positive equals unrealistic. - Susan Jeffers
* I never have a realistic sense of self. I either think everything I do is terrible and I'm the worst guy on the planet, or from time to time I'll think I'm the greatest gift to music and the coolest guy who ever lived, but that happens maybe an hour out of the week. Some days I'm more concerned with how my hair looks than what my guitar sounds like. - Dave Navarro
Click here for more related quotations on 'Realistic'
Realistic Sample Sentences in News
- Dalai Lama praises China's leader as 'realistic'
NEW DELHI (AP) — The Dalai Lama praised Chinese President Xi Jinping on Saturday for being "more realistic" and principled than his predecessors, a day after Xi's three-day visit to India ended. Read more on this news related to 'Realistic'
- IAI Demonstrates RFnest™ - A Realistic Network Communication Testing Tool At MILCOM 2014
ROCKVILLE, Md., Sept. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Intelligent Automation, Incorporated (IAI), will exhibit The Radio Frequency Network channel Emulator/Simulator Tool, or RF nest™ , at the Military Communications ... Read more on this news related to 'Realistic'
- Realistic Games experiences massive growth
(PRESS RELEASE) -- Realistic Games has moved to new offices having outgrown its existing premises following a year of unprecedented growth. The award-winning supplier had been based in Wantage, Oxfordshire for over ten years but has now taken over the eighth floor of Reading Bridge House in Reading. Read more on this news related to 'Realistic'