Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Ravished'
Ravished Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Ravish \Rav"ish\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Ravished; p. pr. & vb.
n. Ravishing.] [OE. ravissen, F. ravir, fr. L. rapere to
snatch or tear away, to ravish. See Rapacious, Rapid, and
- To seize and carry away by violence; to snatch by force. These hairs which thou dost ravish from my chin Will quicken, and accuse thee. --Shak. This hand shall ravish thy pretended right. --Dryden.
- To transport with joy or delight; to delight to ecstasy. ``Ravished . . . for the joy.'' --Chaucer. Thou hast ravished my heart. --Cant. iv. 9.
- To have carnal knowledge of (a woman) by force, and against her consent; to rape. --Shak. Syn: To transport; entrance; enrapture; delight; violate; deflour; force.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Ravished'
- Ravished Armenia: Ravished Armenia is the title of both a book written in 1918 by Arshaluys (Aurora) Mardiganian about her experiences in the Armenian ...
Words and phrases related to 'Ravished'
Ravished Sample Sentences in News
- 5 Reasons to Watch UFC 177
I get it. UFC 177 isn't the best pay-per-view the UFC has ever presented. I think that's obvious. Injuries have ravished the 177th numbered show from the prelims to the main events. It has seemingly taken the wind out of the sails of a once-promising event, as we now scrounge the bottom of the barrel for entertainment. I am here to tell you, UFC 177 is sti Read more on this news related to 'Ravished'