Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Ravished'
Ravished Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Ravish \Rav"ish\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Ravished; p. pr. & vb.
n. Ravishing.] [OE. ravissen, F. ravir, fr. L. rapere to
snatch or tear away, to ravish. See Rapacious, Rapid, and
- To seize and carry away by violence; to snatch by force. These hairs which thou dost ravish from my chin Will quicken, and accuse thee. --Shak. This hand shall ravish thy pretended right. --Dryden.
- To transport with joy or delight; to delight to ecstasy. ``Ravished . . . for the joy.'' --Chaucer. Thou hast ravished my heart. --Cant. iv. 9.
- To have carnal knowledge of (a woman) by force, and against her consent; to rape. --Shak. Syn: To transport; entrance; enrapture; delight; violate; deflour; force.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Ravished'
- Ravished Armenia: Ravished Armenia is the title of both a book written in 1918 by Arshaluys (Aurora) Mardiganian about her experiences in the Armenian ...
Words and phrases related to 'Ravished'
Ravished Sample Sentences in News
- James McGarry & Netwatch Handicap Hurdle (80-109) 2m 4f
Fethard Player was having just his sixth start over hurdles when landing a Thurles maiden but makes his handicap debut with a big weight. Ravished showed nothing in three maidens but was well supported on his handicap debut at Galway in October and ran very well, though he's been raised 5lb. Read more on this news related to 'Ravished'