Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Ramped'
Ramped Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Ramp \Ramp\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Ramped (?; 215); p. pr. & vb.
n. Ramping.] [F. ramper to creep, OF., to climb; of German
origin; cf. G. raffen to snatch, LG. & D. rapen. See Rap to
snatch, and cf. Romp.]
- To spring; to leap; to bound; to rear; to prance; to become rampant; hence, to frolic; to romp.
- To move by leaps, or by leaps; hence, to move swiftly or with violence. Their bridles they would champ, And trampling the fine element would fiercely ramp. --Spenser.
- To climb, as a plant; to creep up. With claspers and tendrils, they [plants] catch hold, . . . and so ramping upon trees, they mount up to a great height. --Ray.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Ramped'
- Ramped Craft Logistic: The Ramped Craft Logistic (RCL) is a type of landing craft operated by the Royal Logistic Corps of the British Army . (Ramped Powered ...
- Ramped Powered Lighter: The Ramped Powered Lighter (RPL) was a type of landing craft formerly operated by the Royal Corps of Transport of the British Army , from ...
Words and phrases related to 'Ramped'
Ramped Sample Sentences in News
- Security ramped up for Mandela funeral
South African security forces had only days to implement a rough plan for Nelson Mandela's grand funeral, based partly on blueprints of past major events like the 2010 World Cup final. South Africa's first black president had been seriously ill for some time, but his death still posed a major organisational challenge as a small army of world leaders, digni Read more on this news related to 'Ramped'
- US new-home sales jump in Oct. after Sept. drop
WASHINGTON (AP) — Americans ramped up purchases of new homes in October after three months of soft sales, evidence that the housing recovery is improving fitfully. Read more on this news related to 'Ramped'
- Pressure on as X Factor final looms
Pressure ramped up ahead of next week's X Factor final - with the emotion getting the better of one of the show's youngest contestants. Read more on this news related to 'Ramped'