Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Ramped'
Ramped Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Ramp \Ramp\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Ramped (?; 215); p. pr. & vb.
n. Ramping.] [F. ramper to creep, OF., to climb; of German
origin; cf. G. raffen to snatch, LG. & D. rapen. See Rap to
snatch, and cf. Romp.]
- To spring; to leap; to bound; to rear; to prance; to become rampant; hence, to frolic; to romp.
- To move by leaps, or by leaps; hence, to move swiftly or with violence. Their bridles they would champ, And trampling the fine element would fiercely ramp. --Spenser.
- To climb, as a plant; to creep up. With claspers and tendrils, they [plants] catch hold, . . . and so ramping upon trees, they mount up to a great height. --Ray.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Ramped'
- Ramped Craft Logistic: The Ramped Craft Logistic (RCL) is a type of landing craft operated by the Royal Logistic Corps of the British Army . (Ramped Powered ...
- Ramped Powered Lighter: The Ramped Powered Lighter (RPL) was a type of landing craft formerly operated by the Royal Corps of Transport of the British Army , from ...
Words and phrases related to 'Ramped'
Ramped Sample Sentences in News
- Florida ramping up death penalty warrant signings
TALLAHASSEE, Fla., May 20 (UPI) -- Florida Gov. Rick Scott has ramped up execution orders of late, approving three death penalty warrants in less than a month, officials said. Read more on this news related to 'Ramped'
- Secretive Vatican bank to publish annual report online in ramped-up transparency bid
VATICAN CITY - The Vatican bank, long a source of secret and scandal for the Holy See, plans to publish its annual report online as part of its efforts to be more financially transparent. Read more on this news related to 'Ramped'
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' a ramped-up, stellar entry in durable franchise
“Star Trek Into Darkness” is ridiculously exciting. It’s got hairsbreadth escapes beyond counting, much pell-mell running, hyperspace jumping and phaser-fire dueling. But along with the propulsive action, the picture has a brain and a conscience, which are on display as, in the manner of “Trek” creator Gene Roddenberry, it addresses important social issu Read more on this news related to 'Ramped'