Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Ramped'
Ramped Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Ramp \Ramp\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Ramped (?; 215); p. pr. & vb.
n. Ramping.] [F. ramper to creep, OF., to climb; of German
origin; cf. G. raffen to snatch, LG. & D. rapen. See Rap to
snatch, and cf. Romp.]
- To spring; to leap; to bound; to rear; to prance; to become rampant; hence, to frolic; to romp.
- To move by leaps, or by leaps; hence, to move swiftly or with violence. Their bridles they would champ, And trampling the fine element would fiercely ramp. --Spenser.
- To climb, as a plant; to creep up. With claspers and tendrils, they [plants] catch hold, . . . and so ramping upon trees, they mount up to a great height. --Ray.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Ramped'
- Ramped Craft Logistic: The Ramped Craft Logistic (RCL) is a type of landing craft operated by the Royal Logistic Corps of the British Army . (Ramped Powered ...
- Ramped Powered Lighter: The Ramped Powered Lighter (RPL) was a type of landing craft formerly operated by the Royal Corps of Transport of the British Army , from ...
Words and phrases related to 'Ramped'
Ramped Sample Sentences in News
- Foxconn steps up hiring, moves away from manufacturing
Foxconn has ramped up hiring efforts as the firm seeks to secure new manufacturing contracts and boost profit margins. Read more on this news related to 'Ramped'
- Chris Hemsworth Says Everything is 'Ramped Up' in Avengers: Age of Ultron
With some shooting already taking place , Marvel's next big film Avengers: Age of Ultron will begin its principal photography in the coming weeks and fans are eager as ever to learn more about the upcoming sequel. Speaking at Wizard World Sacramento (via CBM ), Thor himself Chris Hemsworth was asked if he would be getting more scenes as the god of thunder in Read more on this news related to 'Ramped'
- Bayern Munich starlet ramps up Manchester United transfer talk
Toni Kroos has ramped up talk of a move to Manchester United by claiming that a switch to the Premier League is possible. The Bayern Munich midfielder, outstanding in their Champions League first leg victory over Arsenal , is David Moyes' number one transfer target. Read more on this news related to 'Ramped'