Raga Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Raga'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Raga'
- Raga: Ragam (disambiguation). A raga (literally "colour, hue" but also "beauty, melody"; also spelled raag, raaga, ragam; pronounced rāga, rāg or rāgam) is one
- Bhairav (raga): Bhairav, or Bhairon, is a raga in Hindustani classical music that was for centuries considered to be the most important raga. Its modern form with an important
- Vanaspati (raga): Katapayadi sankhya system. In the Muthuswami Dikshitar school of music, this raga is called Bhānumati. Vanaspati is the 4th rāgam in the 1st chakra
- Raga rock: Raga rock is rock or pop music with a heavy Indian influence, either in its construction, its timbre, or its use of instrumentation, such as the sitar
- Kalyani (raga): alternatively called Yaman, is a melakarta rāga (parent musical scale) in the Carnatic music, and is also an important raga in Hindustani music tradition. Its
- Todi (raga): For Carnatic raga Todi, see Hanumatodi. Todi (Hindi: तोडी) is a Hindustani classical raga which gave its name to the Todi thaat, one of the ten modes
- Desh (raga): Desh is a Hindustani classical raga. The raga is of Audav-sampurna nature, i.e., in its arohana (ascent) only five notes are used, whereas the avarohana
- Marva (raga): Marwa is an hexatonic Indian raga; Pa (the fifth tone) is omitted. Marwa is also the name of the thaat. Arohana Ṇi re_ Ga Ma_ Dha Ni re# S' In the Western
- Khamas (raga): and terms, see swaras in Carnatic music. Originally, Khamas was an upanga raga (uses only the notes in the parent scale). Later with the usage in javalis
- Shree (raga): article is about the Hindustani raga. For the Carnatic ragam, see Shree ragam. Shree, a very old North Indian raga of the Purvi thaat, traditionally
Words and phrases related to 'Raga'
Raga Sample Sentences in News
- Bondi’s new RAGA position deepens corrupt ties
Last week, the Alligator published an editorial about Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi’s close ties to the Republican Attorneys General Association — RAGA. The organization is heavily supported by donations from interest groups supporting large corporations and from corporations themselves. RAGA has handsomely repaid the investments made by these corporate g Read more on this news related to 'Raga'
- What bad publicity? Bondi elected new RAGA chair in Miami Beach
Over the weekend, Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi doubled down by getting elected the group’s new chair. Read more on this news related to 'Raga'
- Evocative raga essays
Meena Kumari’s veena recital marked the resumption of cultural programmes at Kalabharati ravaged by Hudhud Read more on this news related to 'Raga'