Raga Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Raga'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Raga'
- Raga: Ragam (disambiguation). A raga (literally "colour, hue" but also "beauty, melody"; also spelled raag, raaga, ragam; pronounced rāga, rāg or rāgam) is one
- Bhairav (raga): Bhairav, or Bhairon, is a raga in Hindustani classical music that was for centuries considered to be the most important raga. Its modern form with an important
- Vanaspati (raga): Katapayadi sankhya system. In the Muthuswami Dikshitar school of music, this raga is called Bhānumati. Vanaspati is the 4th rāgam in the 1st chakra
- Raga rock: Raga rock is rock or pop music with a heavy Indian influence, either in its construction, its timbre, or its use of instrumentation, such as the sitar
- Kalyani (raga): alternatively called Yaman, is a melakarta rāga (parent musical scale) in the Carnatic music, and is also an important raga in Hindustani music tradition. Its
- Todi (raga): For Carnatic raga Todi, see Hanumatodi. Todi (Hindi: तोडी) is a Hindustani classical raga which gave its name to the Todi thaat, one of the ten modes
- Desh (raga): Desh is a Hindustani classical raga. The raga is of Audav-sampurna nature, i.e., in its arohana (ascent) only five notes are used, whereas the avarohana
- Shree (raga): article is about the Hindustani raga. For the Carnatic ragam, see Shree ragam. Shree, a very old North Indian raga of the Purvi thaat, traditionally
- Marva (raga): Marwa is an hexatonic Indian raga; Pa (the fifth tone) is omitted. Marwa is also the name of the thaat. Arohana Ṇi re_ Ga Ma_ Dha Ni re# S' In the Western
- Khamas (raga): and terms, see swaras in Carnatic music. Originally, Khamas was an upanga raga (uses only the notes in the parent scale). Later with the usage in javalis
Words and phrases related to 'Raga'
Raga Sample Sentences in News
- Raga bags 10-ball crown
CEBUANO top gun Anton Raga topped the 2015 Mayor’s Cup Sinulog Open 10-Ball Billiards Challenge at the Jancor Billiards and Recreation Center in Manalili last Saturday. Raga, the 2013 Sun.Star Superbalita 9-Ball Challenge champion, routed Ruben “Meyot” Cuña of Tagum City, 11-5, in the championship round. Read more on this news related to 'Raga'
- Sending out the best
CEBU City is sending players to the World Pool Association (WPA) World 10-Ball Championship in General Santos City on Feb. 15-21. Sports patron and Cebu City Sports Commission Commissioner Lorenzo “Chao” Sy will finance the trip of Cebu’s top billiard players Anton Raga and Boots Augusto to the qualifying tournament in Manila. Read more on this news related to 'Raga'
- Raga tabangan sa siyudad sa Sugbo
SERYUSO si Cebu City Sports Commission (CCSC) commissioner Lorenzo “Chao” Sy sa iyang intensyon nga suportahan ang no.1 billiard sa Sugbo nga si Anthony Raga. Nagkanayon si Sy nga andam ang siyudad sa Sugbo nga mosuporta kang Raga kon mosalmot kini dagkong mga torneyo sa sulod ug gawas sa... Read more on this news related to 'Raga'