Raga Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Raga'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Raga'
- Raga: (disambiguation). A raga or raag (literally "colour, hue" but also "beauty, melody"; also spelled raaga, ragam; pronounced rāga, or rāgam or "raag")
- Bhairav (raga): Bhairav, or Bhairon, is a raga in Hindustani classical music. It corresponds to Mayamalavagowla, the first raga taught to beginners in Carnatic music
- Sindhu Bhairavi (raga): Sindhu Bhairavi is a raga in Hindustani and Carnatic classical music, belonging to the Asavari thaat.
- Vanaspati (raga): Katapayadi sankhya system. In the Muthuswami Dikshitar school of music, this raga is called Bhānumati. Vanaspati is the 4th rāgam in the 1st chakra
- Raga rock: Raga rock is rock or pop music with a heavy Indian influence, either in its construction, its timbre, or its use of instrumentation, such as the sitar
- Todi (raga): For Carnatic raga Todi, see Hanumatodi. Todi (Hindi: तोडी) is a Hindustani classical raga which gave its name to the Todi thaat, one of the ten modes
- Kalyani (raga): alternatively called Yaman, is a melakarta rāga (parent musical scale) in the Carnatic music, and is also an important raga in Hindustani music tradition. Its
- Kafi (raga): other uses, see Kafi (disambiguation). The raga Kafi is an important raga of Hindustani classical music. This raga corresponds to Kharaharapriya in Carnatic
- Marva (raga): Marwa is an hexatonic Indian raga; Pa (the fifth tone) is omitted. Marwa is also the name of the thaat. Arohana Ṇi re_ Ga Ma_ Dha Ni re# S' In the Western