Raga Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Raga'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Raga'
- Raga: Ragam (disambiguation). A raga (literally "colour, hue" but also "beauty, melody"; also spelled raag, raaga, ragam; pronounced rāga, rāg or rāgam) is one
- Bhairav (raga): Bhairav, or Bhairon, is a raga in Hindustani classical music that was for centuries considered to be the most important raga. Its modern form with an important
- Vanaspati (raga): Katapayadi sankhya system. In the Muthuswami Dikshitar school of music, this raga is called Bhānumati. Vanaspati is the 4th rāgam in the 1st chakra
- Raga rock: Raga rock is rock or pop music with a heavy Indian influence, either in its construction, its timbre, or its use of instrumentation, such as the sitar
- Kalyani (raga): alternatively called Yaman, is a melakarta rāga (parent musical scale) in the Carnatic music, and is also an important raga in Hindustani music tradition. Its
- Todi (raga): For Carnatic raga Todi, see Hanumatodi. Todi (Hindi: तोडी) is a Hindustani classical raga which gave its name to the Todi thaat, one of the ten modes
- Kafi (raga): other uses, see Kafi (disambiguation). The raga Kafi is an important raga of Hindustani classical music. This raga corresponds to Kharaharapriya in Carnatic
- Marva (raga): Marwa is an hexatonic Indian raga; Pa (the fifth tone) is omitted. Marwa is also the name of the thaat. Arohana Ṇi re_ Ga Ma_ Dha Ni re# S' In the Western
- Shree (raga): article is about the Hindustani raga. For the Carnatic ragam, see Shree ragam. Shree, a very old North Indian raga of the Purvi thaat, traditionally
- Jog (raga): Play media Jog is a Raga in Hindustani classical music belonging to Khamaj thaat. It is one of the more popular ragas appearing often in films. Sometimes
Words and phrases related to 'Raga'
Raga Sample Sentences in News
- Police hunt launched to find ‘violent’ Valentine’s Day rape suspect who could be in Hertfordshire
Officers want to find Erjoel Raga in connection with a rape in Welwyn Garden City on Valentine’s Day (February 14). The 29-year-old has links to Longlands Road in the town, as well as Baker Street in Enfield. Read more on this news related to 'Raga'
- Filled with devotional fervour
Sankari Krishnan’s raga delineations were inspiring. Read more on this news related to 'Raga'