Raga Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Raga'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Raga'
- Raga: Ragam (disambiguation). A raga (literally "colour, hue" but also "beauty, melody"; also spelled raag, raaga, ragam; pronounced rāga, rāg or rāgam) is one
- Bhairav (raga): Bhairav, or Bhairon, is a raga in Hindustani classical music that was for centuries considered to be the most important raga. Its modern form with an important
- Vanaspati (raga): Katapayadi sankhya system. In the Muthuswami Dikshitar school of music, this raga is called Bhānumati. Vanaspati is the 4th rāgam in the 1st chakra
- Raga rock: Raga rock is rock or pop music with a heavy Indian influence, either in its construction, its timbre, or its use of instrumentation, such as the sitar
- Todi (raga): For Carnatic raga Todi, see Hanumatodi. Todi (Hindi: तोडी) is a Hindustani classical raga which gave its name to the Todi thaat, one of the ten modes
- Kalyani (raga): alternatively called Yaman, is a melakarta rāga (parent musical scale) in the Carnatic music, and is also an important raga in Hindustani music tradition. Its
- Desh (raga): Desh is a Hindustani classical raga. The raga is of Audav-sampurna nature, i.e., in its arohana (ascent) only five notes are used, whereas the avarohana
- Kafi (raga): other uses, see Kafi (disambiguation). The raga Kafi is an important raga of Hindustani classical music. This raga corresponds to Kharaharapriya in Carnatic
- Marva (raga): Marwa is an hexatonic Indian raga; Pa (the fifth tone) is omitted. Marwa is also the name of the thaat. Arohana Ṇi re_ Ga Ma_ Dha Ni re# S' In the Western
- Khamas (raga): and terms, see swaras in Carnatic music. Originally, Khamas was an upanga raga (uses only the notes in the parent scale). Later with the usage in javalis
Words and phrases related to 'Raga'
Raga Sample Sentences in News
- Dayton Power and Light Names Tom Raga as President and CEO
The Dayton Power and Light Company , a subsidiary of The AES Corporation , has named Tom Raga President and CEO. He is in his fifth year with DP&L and will Read more on this news related to 'Raga'
- Raga, Cuña eliminate Ko brothers
ANTON Raga and Ruben Cuña made the biggest turnaround of their billiard careers as they eliminated... Read more on this news related to 'Raga'
- Star Raga brightens
TEAM Cebu City Billiard star Anthony Raga was all business in the first round in the main draw of the 2015 World 10-Ball Billiard Championships in SM City Activity Center in General Santos City. Read more on this news related to 'Raga'