Quarries Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Quarries'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Quarries'
- Stone quarries of ancient Egypt: The stone quarries of ancient Egypt once produced quality stone for the construction of decorative monuments such as sculpture s and ...
- Quarries of the Mendip Hills: The quarries are major suppliers of road stone to southern England, between them producing around twelve million tonnes a year, employing ...
- Quincy Quarries Reservation: The Quincy Quarries, in Quincy, Massachusetts , were the site of the first railroad in the United States and produced granite for over a ...
Quarries Sample Sentences in News
- Illegal stone quarrying destroying hills in WGH
Over 20-30 quarries functioning along Garobadha-Hallidayganj route TURA: Even as Meghalaya Chief Minister, Mukul Sangma recently announced that indiscriminate extraction of stones from Garo Hills should be immediately stopped one only needs to take a road trip from Garobadha down to Hallidayganj in West Garo Hills District to see that the practice continues on Read more on this news related to 'Quarries'
- Alibates Flint Quarries National Monument
The National Park Service recently held a Star Gazing party at Alibates. Many area residents came to observe the stars in the night sky. Alibates is a great place to hike, star gaze, and learn about the flint that is found only in the Alibates area. Read more on this news related to 'Quarries'
- Breedon Aggregates hails end of referendum uncertainty with Scottish buy
Building materials group Breedon Aggregates is expanding into south-west Scotland by buying Barr Quarries for £21m, saying the completion of the independence referendum had removed investment uncertainty. Read more on this news related to 'Quarries'