Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Quantitative'
Quantitative Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- expressible as a quantity or relating to or susceptible of measurement; "export wheat without quantitative limitations"; "quantitative analysis determines the amounts and proportions of the chemical constituents of a substance or mixture" [ant: qualitative]
- relating to the measurement of quantity; "quantitative studies"
- (of verse) having a metric system based on relative duration of syllables; "in typical Greek and Latin verse of the classical period the rhymic system is based on some arrangement of long and short elements" [ant: syllabic, accentual]
- Quantitative \Quan"ti*ta*tive\, a. [Cf. F. quantitatif.]
Relating to quantity. -- Quan"ti*ta*tive*ly, adv.
Quantitative analysis (Chem.), analysis which determines
the amount or quantity of each ingredient of a substance,
by weight or by volume; -- contrasted with qualitative
- Analysis \A*nal"y*sis\, n.; pl. Analyses. [Gr. ?, fr. ? to
unloose, to dissolve, to resolve into its elements; ? up + ?
to loose. See Loose.]
- A resolution of anything, whether an object of the senses or of the intellect, into its constituent or original elements; an examination of the component parts of a subject, each separately, as the words which compose a sentence, the tones of a tune, or the simple propositions which enter into an argument. It is opposed to synthesis.
- (Chem.) The separation of a compound substance, by chemical processes, into its constituents, with a view to ascertain either (a) what elements it contains, or (b) how much of each element is present. The former is called qualitative, and the latter quantitative analysis.
- (Logic) The tracing of things to their source, and the resolving of knowledge into its original principles.
- (Math.) The resolving of problems by reducing the conditions that are in them to equations. 5. (a) A syllabus, or table of the principal heads of a discourse, disposed in their natural order. (b) A brief, methodical illustration of the principles of a science. In this sense it is nearly synonymous with
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Quantitative'
- Quantitative: The term quantitative refers to a type of information based in quantities or else quantifiable data (objective properties) —as opposed to ...
- Quantitative research: In the social sciences , quantitative research refers to the systematic empirical investigation of quantitative properties and phenomena ...
- Quantitative property: A quantitative attribute is one that exists in a range of magnitudes, and can therefore be measured . any particular quantitative property ...
- Quantitative analysis: Quantitative analysis may refer to: Quantitative analysis (finance), an analysis technic applying mathematics stochastic calculus to ...
- Quantitative analysis (chemistry): In chemistry, quantitative analysis is the determination of the absolute or relative abundance (often expressed as a concentration ) of one ...
- Quantitative revolution: In the history of geography , the quantitative revolution was one of the four major turning-points of modern geography - the other three ...
Words and phrases related to 'Quantitative'
Quantitative Sample Sentences in News
- The Fed Is Not Printing Money, It's Doing Something Much Worse
The Federal Reserve’s seemingly endless program of quantitative easing (QE) begun under Ben Bernanke, and continuing at a slightly slower pace under Janet Yellen, has some of the punditry and much of the electorate up in arms. With good reason. Read more on this news related to 'Quantitative'
- QSM Announces SLIM 8.2, Provides Industry With First-of-Its-Kind Resource Demand Management Capabilities
Quantitative Software Management, Inc. , a leader in software process improvement and systems development estimation, today announced SLIM Suite 8.2, which, for the first time, provides the ability to ... Read more on this news related to 'Quantitative'
- No outright quantitative easing from ECB this year, most traders say
(Reuters) - The European Central Bank will not begin outright quantitative easing (QE) this year, most euro money-market traders polled by Reuters said on Monday. Nineteen of 24 money-market traders said they do not expect an ECB asset-purchase programme to start this year, because the ECB is banned from buying government bonds and assets outright. "Even if t Read more on this news related to 'Quantitative'