Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Quantitative'
Quantitative Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- expressible as a quantity or relating to or susceptible of measurement; "export wheat without quantitative limitations"; "quantitative analysis determines the amounts and proportions of the chemical constituents of a substance or mixture" [ant: qualitative]
- relating to the measurement of quantity; "quantitative studies"
- (of verse) having a metric system based on relative duration of syllables; "in typical Greek and Latin verse of the classical period the rhymic system is based on some arrangement of long and short elements" [ant: syllabic, accentual]
- Quantitative \Quan"ti*ta*tive\, a. [Cf. F. quantitatif.]
Relating to quantity. -- Quan"ti*ta*tive*ly, adv.
Quantitative analysis (Chem.), analysis which determines
the amount or quantity of each ingredient of a substance,
by weight or by volume; -- contrasted with qualitative
- Analysis \A*nal"y*sis\, n.; pl. Analyses. [Gr. ?, fr. ? to
unloose, to dissolve, to resolve into its elements; ? up + ?
to loose. See Loose.]
- A resolution of anything, whether an object of the senses or of the intellect, into its constituent or original elements; an examination of the component parts of a subject, each separately, as the words which compose a sentence, the tones of a tune, or the simple propositions which enter into an argument. It is opposed to synthesis.
- (Chem.) The separation of a compound substance, by chemical processes, into its constituents, with a view to ascertain either (a) what elements it contains, or (b) how much of each element is present. The former is called qualitative, and the latter quantitative analysis.
- (Logic) The tracing of things to their source, and the resolving of knowledge into its original principles.
- (Math.) The resolving of problems by reducing the conditions that are in them to equations. 5. (a) A syllabus, or table of the principal heads of a discourse, disposed in their natural order. (b) A brief, methodical illustration of the principles of a science. In this sense it is nearly synonymous with
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Quantitative'
- Quantitative: The term quantitative refers to a type of information based in quantities or else quantifiable data (objective properties) —as opposed to ...
- Quantitative research: In the social sciences , quantitative research refers to the systematic empirical investigation of quantitative properties and phenomena ...
- Quantitative property: A quantitative attribute is one that exists in a range of magnitudes, and can therefore be measured . any particular quantitative property ...
- Quantitative analysis: Quantitative analysis may refer to: Quantitative analysis (finance), an analysis technic applying mathematics stochastic calculus to ...
- Quantitative analysis (chemistry): In chemistry, quantitative analysis is the determination of the absolute or relative abundance (often expressed as a concentration ) of one ...
- Quantitative revolution: In the history of geography , the quantitative revolution was one of the four major turning-points of modern geography - the other three ...
Words and phrases related to 'Quantitative'
Quantitative Sample Sentences in News
- Ben Bernanke rejects Rajan's charge on quantitative easing impact
Bernanke asserted the need for central bankers to remain clear and transparent in policy making. Highlighting the pre-requisite of an independent and responsible central bank. Read more on this news related to 'Quantitative'
- Analytic Investors Names Ron Auer Director in Business Development
Analytic Investors LLC, a leader in quantitative investment solutions for institutional investors, today announced that Ron Auer has joined the firm as Director in business development. Read more on this news related to 'Quantitative'
- Quantitative Phosphoproteomics to Support the Discovery and Development of Kinase-selective Drugs, New Webinar Hosted ...
Live webinar to focus on using quantitative phosphoproteomics to support the discovery and development of kinase-selective drugs. The broadcast takes place on Wednesday, May 7, 2014 at 10:00am EDT (15:00 UK BST/ GMT +1). (PRWeb April 18, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/04/prweb11762778.htm Read more on this news related to 'Quantitative'