Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Quadrangle'
Quadrangle Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a four-sided polygon [syn: quadrilateral, tetragon]
- a rectangular area surrounded on all sides by buildings [syn: quad]
- Quadrangle \Quad"ran`gle\, n. [F., fr. L. quadrangulum; quattuor
four + angulus an angle. See Four, and Angle a corner.]
- (Geom.) A plane figure having four angles, and consequently four sides; any figure having four angles.
- A square or quadrangular space or inclosure, such a space or court surrounded by buildings, esp. such a court in a college or public school in England.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Quadrangle'
- Quadrangle: Quadrangle may refer to: Quadrilateral (geometry), a polygon with four sides. Complete quadrangle (projective geometry), a configuration ...
- Quadrangle (architecture): In architecture , a quadrangle (or colloquially, a quad) is a space or courtyard , usually rectangular (square or oblong) in plan, the ...
- Quadrangle (geography): In geology or geography, the word "quadrangle" usually refers to a United States Geological Survey (USGS) 7.5-minute quadrangle map, which ...
- Quadrangle (horse): Quadrangle (1961–1978) was an American Thoroughbred racehorse who won the 1964 Belmont Stakes . Bred in Virginia by Paul Mellon , he ...
- Quadrangle Group: Quadrangle Group is a private investment firm focused on private equity . The firm invests in middle-market companies within the media , ...
- Quadrangle (Harvard): Not to be confused with the Radcliffe Quadrangle at Oxford. Image:Pforzheimerhouse. jpeg | The Quadrangle, looking north toward Pforzheimer ...
- List of quadrangles on Mercury: The surface of the planet Mercury has been divided into the following quadrangle s: | url http://astrogeology. usgs. gov/Projects/ ...
Words and phrases related to 'Quadrangle'
Quadrangle Sample Sentences in News
- Down Memory Lane: The Mughal quadrangle
As famous artists, musicians, poets, dancing girls left the Capital for a better life, Delhi ended up giving birth to the culture of Awadh, Hyderabad and Bengal Read more on this news related to 'Quadrangle'
- Armory for the Future
W hen Melvin Edwards was a student at Springfield’s Cathedral Grammar School, he recalls, the institutions near the school—the Central Library, the Quadrangle, the Springfield Armory—“were essentially my playground.” He and his friends would head to the library to do... Read more on this news related to 'Quadrangle'