Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Punch'
Punch Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- (boxing) a blow with the fist; "I gave him a clout on his nose" [syn: clout, poke, lick, biff]
- an iced mixed drink usually containing alcohol and prepared for multiple servings; normally served in a punch bowl
- a tool for making (usually circular) holes [syn: puncher] v
- deliver a quick blow to; "he punched me in the stomach" [syn: plug]
- drive forcibly as if by a punch; "the nail punched through the wall"
- make a hole into or between, as for ease of separation; "perforate the sheets of paper" [syn: perforate]
- Center \Center\, or Centre \Centre\, punch \punch\ . (Mech.)
(a) A punch for making indentations or dots in a piece of
work, as for suspension between lathe centers, etc.
(b) A punch for punching holes in sheet metal, having a small
conical center to insure correct locating.
- Punch \Punch\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Punched; p. pr. & vb. n.
Punching.] [From Punch, n., a tool; cf. F.
To perforate or stamp with an instrument by pressure, or a
blow; as, to punch a hole; to punch ticket.
Punching machine, or Punching press, a machine tool for
punching holes in metal or other material; -- called also
- Punch \Punch\, n. [Abbrev, fr. punchinello.]
The buffoon or harlequin of a puppet show.
Punch and Judy, a puppet show in which a comical little
hunchbacked Punch, with a large nose, engages in
altercation with his wife Judy.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Punch'
- Punch: Punch may refer to: Punch (combat), a strike made using the hand closed into a fist. Punch (drink), a general term for various mixed drinks, ...
- Punch!: Punch! is about a young girl by the name Elle Nagahara, whose family are all involved in physical martial arts , her mother was a ...
- Punch (magazine): Punch (sub. The London Charivari) was a British weekly magazine of humour and satire established in 1841 by Henry Mayhew and engraver ...
- Punch (combat): A punch is a striking blow with the fist It is the most commonly used attack in hand to hand combat. It is used in some martial art s and ...
- Punch (drink): Punch is the term for a wide assortment of drinks, both non-alcoholic and alcoholic , generally containing fruit or fruit juice The drink ...
- Punch and Judy: Punch and Judy is a traditional, popular puppet show featuring the characters of Mr. Punch and his wife, Judy. anarchic Punch and one ...
- Hole punch: A hole punch (known also as a hole puncher, paper puncher, holing pincer, or rarely perforator) is a common office tool that is used to ...
- Punch (tool): A punch is a hard metal rod with a shaped tip at one end and a blunt butt end at the other, which is usually struck by a hammer . ...
- Jerry Punch: Jerry Punch (born August 20, 1953) is an American auto racing and college football commentator on ESPN . Punch also does local radio ...
Words and phrases related to 'Punch'