Proverbs Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- an Old Testament book consisting of proverbs from various Israelit sages (including Solomon)
Definitions from Wiktionary
- an Old Testament book consisting of proverbs from various Israeli sages (including Solomon)
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Proverbs'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Proverbs'
- Book of Proverbs: The Book of Proverbs (Hebrew : מִשְלֵי, Míshlê (Shlomoh), "Proverbs (of Solomon )"), is the second book of the third section (called ...
- Midrash Proverbs: Midrash Proverbs (Hebrew : מדרש משלי) is the haggadic midrash to the Book of Proverbs , first mentioned under the title "Midrash Mishle" ...
- Afghan proverbs: A broader, more contextualized, study of Afghan proverbs would include comparisons of Afghan proverbs with Persian proverbs from Iran ...
- Samoan proverbs: Samoan proverbs form an important part of the traditions and culture of Samoa where oratory , poetry, metaphors and subtelty in language ...
- Proverbs 31: Chapter 31 of the Book of Proverbs in the Hebrew Bible is presented as advice which Lemuel 's mother gave to him, about how a virtuous ...
- Filipino proverbs: Filipino proverbs or Philippine proverbs are traditional sayings or maxims used by Filipinos based on local culture, wisdom, and ...
Proverbs Sample Sentences in News
- "Sunoji", First Collection of Proverbs in Korea
Pyongyang, October 16 (KCNA) -- It is known in history that Koreans have widely used proverbs from the age of Three Kingdoms (3rd century B.C.-7th century A.D.). Read more on this news related to 'Proverbs'
- It’s a matter of the heart
Proverbs 23:7 says, “For as a man thinks in his heart so is he.” In addition, I Samuel 16:17 says, “ The Lord looks at the heart.” What you say is important. What you think is important. Your actions Read more on this news related to 'Proverbs'
- Daily Homily: Guide Me, Lord, in the Ways of Your Commands
Today's first reading is taken from the Second Collection of Solomon's proverbs (Proverbs 10:1-22:16). Many of these proverbs have to do with the two ways: the way of wisdom and life and the way of foolishness and death. Read more on this news related to 'Proverbs'