Proverbs Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- an Old Testament book consisting of proverbs from various Israelit sages (including Solomon)
Definitions from Wiktionary
- an Old Testament book consisting of proverbs from various Israeli sages (including Solomon)
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Proverbs'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Proverbs'
- Book of Proverbs: The Book of Proverbs (Hebrew: מִשְלֵי, Míshlê (Shlomoh), "Proverbs (of Solomon)") is the second book of the third section (called Writings) of the Hebrew
- Afghan proverbs: Across Afghanistan, proverbs are a valued part of speaking, both publicly and in conversations. Afghans "use proverbs in their daily conversations far
- Netherlandish Proverbs: Netherlandish Proverbs (Dutch: Nederlandse Spreekwoorden; also called Flemish Proverbs, The Blue Cloak or The Topsy Turvy World) is a 1559 oil-on-oak-panel
- Proverbs 31: Chapter 31 of the Book of Proverbs in the Hebrew Bible is presented as advice which Lemuel's mother gave to him, about how a virtuous king should reign
- Filipino proverbs: Filipino proverbs or Philippine proverbs are traditional sayings or maxims used by Filipinos based on local culture, wisdom, and philosophies from Filipino
- Russian proverbs: Russian language proverbs are words of wisdom created in Slavic languages[why?] by Slavic peoples. The proverbs originated from oral history and ancient
- The Durham Proverbs: The Durham Proverbs is a collection of 46 mediaeval proverbs from various sources. They were written down as a collection, in the eleventh century, on
- The Proverbs of Alfred: The Proverbs of Alfred is a collection of early Middle English sayings ascribed to King Alfred the Great (called "England's darling"), said to have been
- Midrash Proverbs: Midrash Proverbs (Hebrew: מדרש משלי) is the haggadic midrash to the Book of Proverbs, first mentioned under the title "Midrash Mishle" by R. Hananeel b