Prominence Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- relative importance
- something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from a form
- the state of being prominent: widely known or eminent
Definitions from Wiktionary
- the state of being prominent: widely known or eminent ,
- relative importance ,
- something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from its surroundings; "the gun in his pocket made an obvious bulge"; "the hump of a camel"; "he stood on the rocky prominence"; "the occipital protuberance was well developed"; "the bony excrescence between its horns"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Prominence'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Prominence'
- Topographic prominence: "Prominence" redirects here. For other uses, see Prominence (disambiguation). In topography, prominence characterizes the height of a mountain or hill's
- Solar prominence: A prominence is a large, bright, gaseous feature extending outward from the Sun's surface, often in a loop shape. Prominences are anchored to the Sun's
- List of peaks by prominence: This is a list of mountain peaks ordered by their topographic prominence. The prominence of a peak is the minimum height of climb to the summit on any
- Nasal prominence: Nasal prominence can refer to: Lateral nasal prominence Medial nasal prominence
- Prominence of facial canal: The prominence of the facial canal (prominence of aqueduct of Fallopius) indicates the position of the bony facial canal in which the facial nerve is contained;
- Prominence (disambiguation): Prominence may refer to: Celebrity, fame, or notoriety Solar prominence, a phenomenon occurring on the Sun Topographic prominence, a categorization of
- Prominence (2015 video game): Prominence is a science fiction point and click adventure game developed by Digital Media Workshop, an independent video game developer located in New
- Frontonasal prominence: the stomodeum, one on either side of a region termed the frontonasal prominence (or process). By the upgrowth of the surrounding parts these areas are
- List of mountains in Norway by prominence: topographic prominence. On the island Jan Mayen, a Norwegian administered island northeast of Iceland, the volcano Beerenberg has a height and prominence 2,277
- List of Alpine peaks by prominence: by their topographic prominence. For a list by height, see the list of mountains of the Alps. By descending to 1500m of prominence, this list includes
Words and phrases related to 'Prominence'