Prominence Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- relative importance
- something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from a form
- the state of being prominent: widely known or eminent
Definitions from Wiktionary
- the state of being prominent: widely known or eminent ,
- relative importance ,
- something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from its surroundings; "the gun in his pocket made an obvious bulge"; "the hump of a camel"; "he stood on the rocky prominence"; "the occipital protuberance was well developed"; "the bony excrescence between its horns"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Prominence'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Prominence'
- Topographic prominence: In topography , prominence. name"synonyms" | 1 Topographic prominence is also known as autonomous height, relative height, shoulder drop (in ...
- Solar prominence: A prominence is a large, bright, gaseous feature extending outward from the Sun 's surface, often in a loop shape. Prominences are ...
- List of peaks by prominence: This is a list of mountain peaks ordered by their topographic prominence . Terminology: The prominence of a peak is the minimum height of ...
- Prominence (disambiguation): Prominence may refer to: Solar prominence , a phenomenon occurring on the Sun. Topographic prominence , a categorization of hills or ...
- Nasal prominence: Nasal prominence can refer to: Lateral nasal prominence Medial nasal prominence.
Words and phrases related to 'Prominence'
Prominence Sample Sentences in News
- Boat show expects boost in attendance
The improved economy and the worldwide prominence of the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show should give a boost to attendance this year, organizers say. Read more on this news related to 'Prominence'
- THE DVD SHELF: "The Normal Heart" Finally Comes to the Screen, Revisiting the "Wonder Years" and Some of Steven ...
The prominence of the Broadway production led, finally, to the screen. Director Ryan Murphy and Kramer joined in 2014 for "The Normal Heart" [HBO Films], with Mark Ruffalo , Matt Bomer , Taylor Kitsch, Jim Parsons, Alfred Molina and Julia Roberts . After 29 years, Kramer's story finally reached the mass audience and was rewarded with an Emmy for Best Read more on this news related to 'Prominence'
- Mike Ashleys arrival at Rangers might bring both protests and profit
Ashleys prominence at Ibrox is unlikely to be popular, but with Rangers still losing too much money they need some assistance Rangers fans may be angry about the increasing prominence of Mike Ashley as a dealmaker at their club but it may prove mutually beneficial if he stems the epic level of cash-burn at a business which recently went through £70m in roughly tw Read more on this news related to 'Prominence'