Prominence Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- relative importance
- something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from a form
- the state of being prominent: widely known or eminent
Definitions from Wiktionary
- the state of being prominent: widely known or eminent ,
- relative importance ,
- something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from its surroundings; "the gun in his pocket made an obvious bulge"; "the hump of a camel"; "he stood on the rocky prominence"; "the occipital protuberance was well developed"; "the bony excrescence between its horns"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Prominence'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Prominence'
- Topographic prominence: In topography , prominence. name"synonyms" | 1 Topographic prominence is also known as autonomous height, relative height, shoulder drop (in ...
- Solar prominence: A prominence is a large, bright, gaseous feature extending outward from the Sun 's surface, often in a loop shape. Prominences are ...
- List of peaks by prominence: This is a list of mountain peaks ordered by their topographic prominence . Terminology: The prominence of a peak is the minimum height of ...
- Prominence (disambiguation): Prominence may refer to: Solar prominence , a phenomenon occurring on the Sun. Topographic prominence , a categorization of hills or ...
- Nasal prominence: Nasal prominence can refer to: Lateral nasal prominence Medial nasal prominence.
Words and phrases related to 'Prominence'