Prominence Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- relative importance
- something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from a form
- the state of being prominent: widely known or eminent
Definitions from Wiktionary
- the state of being prominent: widely known or eminent ,
- relative importance ,
- something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from its surroundings; "the gun in his pocket made an obvious bulge"; "the hump of a camel"; "he stood on the rocky prominence"; "the occipital protuberance was well developed"; "the bony excrescence between its horns"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Prominence'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Prominence'
- Topographic prominence: "Prominence" redirects here. For other uses, see Prominence (disambiguation). In topography, prominence characterizes the height of a mountain or hill's
- Prominence (disambiguation): Prominence may refer to: Solar prominence, a phenomenon occurring on the Sun Topographic prominence, a categorization of hills or mountains Maxillary
- Prominence of facial canal: The prominence of the facial canal (prominence of aqueduct of Fallopius) indicates the position of the bony canal in which the facial nerve is contained;
- Solar prominence: A prominence is a large, bright, gaseous feature extending outward from the Sun's surface, often in a loop shape. Prominences are anchored to the Sun's
- Medial nasal prominence: The medial nasal prominence (nasomedial) is an embryological structure that forms the upper lip and nose. They join to form the intermaxillary segment
- List of French mountains by prominence: Each of these summits has a topographic prominence of at least 1000 meters. By descending to 1500m of prominence, this list includes all the Ultras of the
- Nasal prominence: Nasal prominence can refer to: Lateral nasal prominence Medial nasal prominence
- Mandibular prominence: The mandibular prominence is an embryological structure which gives rise to the lower portion of the face. The mandible and lower lip derive from it. It
- List of Alpine peaks by prominence: by their topographic prominence. For a list by height, see the list of mountains of the Alps. By descending to 1500m of prominence, this list includes
Words and phrases related to 'Prominence'
Prominence Sample Sentences in News
- What to know about OpenStack for 2015
With growing adoption, signs of revenue, and the prominence of mature vendors, OpenStack clearly stands at an inflection point in 2015. Read more on this news related to 'Prominence'
- CM constituency gets separate police station
Varuna hobli that gained prominence after Siddaramaiah became the Chief Minister, will soon be getting a dedicated police station. The new station will be carved out of the existing South station. Superintendent of Police Abhinav Khare who held a meeting of officials at his office in this regard on Friday, is understood to have asked them to be make preparations a Read more on this news related to 'Prominence'
- Obama's India visit: India getting more prominence in the eyes of US, says Frank Islam
Obama's India visit: India getting more prominence in the eyes of US, says Frank Islam Read more on this news related to 'Prominence'