Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Presenter'
- someone who presents a message of some sort (as a petition or an address or a check or a memorial etc.)
- an advocate who presents a person (as for an award or a degree or an introduction etc.) [syn: sponsor]
- person who makes a gift of property [syn: donor, giver]
- Presenter \Pre*sent"er\, n.
One who presents.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Presenter'
A presenter, or host (sometimes hostess, in feminine form), is a person or organization responsible for running an event. A museum or university, for example, may be the presenter or host of an exhibit. Likewise, a master of ceremonies (also MC, emcee, or host) is a person that hosts or presents a show. In films, a presenter (but not a host) is a usually well-known executive producer credited with introducing a film or filmmaker to a larger audience. In broadcast media, especially British, a presenter is the person who hosts, narrates, presents, or takes the main role in the program.
A television presenter is a British term (American: host) for a person who introduces or hosts television programmes. Nowadays it is common for minor celebrities in other fields to take on this role, but there are also a number of people who have made their name solely within the field of presenting, particularly within children's television.[See more about Presenter at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Presenter'
Presenter Sample Sentences in News
- Presenter's call to champion chapels
Huw Edwards calls for more to be done to "champion" Welsh chapels and their contribution to cultural and historical life. Read more on this news related to 'Presenter'
- Laura Hamilton reveals first baby photos of newborn son Rocco
Television presenter Laura Hamilton has exclusively introduced her newborn son to HELLO... Read more on this news related to 'Presenter'
- Career spotlight: Weather Presenter
Ross Hutchinson, 30, is a Weather Presenter at ITV Tyne Tees and Border, which is based in Gateshead. Read more on this news related to 'Presenter'