Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Presenter'
- someone who presents a message of some sort (as a petition or an address or a check or a memorial etc.)
- an advocate who presents a person (as for an award or a degree or an introduction etc.) [syn: sponsor]
- person who makes a gift of property [syn: donor, giver]
- Presenter \Pre*sent"er\, n.
One who presents.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Presenter'
A presenter, or host (sometimes hostess, in feminine form), is a person or organization responsible for running an event. A museum or university, for example, may be the presenter or host of an exhibit. Likewise, a master of ceremonies (also MC, emcee, or host) is a person that hosts or presents a show. In films, a presenter (but not a host) is a usually well-known executive producer credited with introducing a film or filmmaker to a larger audience. In broadcast media, especially British, a presenter is the person who hosts, narrates, presents, or takes the main role in the program.
A television presenter is a British term (American: host) for a person who introduces or hosts television programmes. Nowadays it is common for minor celebrities in other fields to take on this role, but there are also a number of people who have made their name solely within the field of presenting, particularly within children's television.[See more about Presenter at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Presenter'
Presenter Sample Sentences in News
- 2fm presenter Louise McSharry diagnosed with cancer
31-year-old broadcaster says she is confident she will beat Hodgkin’s lymphoma Read more on this news related to 'Presenter'
- Armytage not fussed about lack of dates
TV presenter Samantha Armytage may have been on one of the most high-profile dates in Australia, but it's the only one she's had this year. Read more on this news related to 'Presenter'
- Gwen Stefani mispronounced Stephen Colbert's name at the Emmys
When Emmy presenter Gwen Stefani mangled the name of Emmy-winner Stephen Colbert at the awards on Monday night, it wasn't as bad as Adele Dazeem, but viewers still took note. Read more on this news related to 'Presenter'