Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Presenter'
- someone who presents a message of some sort (as a petition or an address or a check or a memorial etc.)
- an advocate who presents a person (as for an award or a degree or an introduction etc.) [syn: sponsor]
- person who makes a gift of property [syn: donor, giver]
- Presenter \Pre*sent"er\, n.
One who presents.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Presenter'
A presenter, or host (sometimes hostess, in feminine form), is a person or organization responsible for running an event. A museum or university, for example, may be the presenter or host of an exhibit. Likewise, a master of ceremonies (also MC, emcee, or host) is a person that hosts or presents a show. In films, a presenter (but not a host) is a usually well-known executive producer credited with introducing a film or filmmaker to a larger audience. In broadcast media, especially British, a presenter is the person who hosts, narrates, presents, or takes the main role in the program.
A television presenter is a British term (American: host) for a person who introduces or hosts television programmes. Nowadays it is common for minor celebrities in other fields to take on this role, but there are also a number of people who have made their name solely within the field of presenting, particularly within children's television.[See more about Presenter at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Presenter'
Presenter Sample Sentences in News
- TV Presenter Paul Ross Admits to 6-Month Gay Affair After Searching for Sex on Dogging Sites
BBC presenter Paul Ross has admitted to a gay affair with a man he met at a dogging spot. The 57-year-old father-of-five has confessed to cheating on his wife of 10 years with former English teacher Barry Olivier. Despite the affair, Jackie Ross, who married the presenter in 2004, says she is standing by him, dismissing the indiscretion as "six months of madn Read more on this news related to 'Presenter'
- Sports presenter attacked by purple sex toy
It's every TV presenter's nightmare - a live cross with an idiot or two in the background. Read more on this news related to 'Presenter'
- VIDEO: BBC presenter Amroliwala's best bits
Presenter Matthew Amroliwala is leaving the BBC's News Channel after 16 years to work at BBC World. Read more on this news related to 'Presenter'