Precipitous Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- extremely steep; "an abrupt canyon"; "the precipitous rapids of the upper river"; "the precipitous hills of Chinese paintings"; "a sharp drop"
- characterized by precipices; "a precipitous bluff"
- done with very great haste and without due deliberation; "hasty marriage seldom proveth well"- Shakespeare; "hasty makeshifts take the place of planning"- Arthur Geddes; "rejected what was regarded as an overhasty plan for reconversion"; "wondered whether
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Precipitous'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Precipitous'
- Precipitous Mountains: The Precipitous Mountains are a mountain range on northern Baffin Island , Nunavut , Canada It lies in, or near, Sirmilik National Park ...
Words and phrases related to 'Precipitous'
Precipitous Sample Sentences in News
- Sell-Off in MLP ETFs May Be Buying Opportunity
After experiencing a precipitous fall off during the recent selling, master limited partnerships and related exchange traded products jumped Wednesday on Bank of America (NYSE: BAC) analysts’ upgrades ... Read more on this news related to 'Precipitous'
- Why the oil price decline is failing to boost Europe
The precipitous oil price decline should be a boost to Europe's downtrodden economy. But consumers won't see the benefits of falls in commodities. Read more on this news related to 'Precipitous'
- Why oil's decline isn't boosting Europe
The precipitous oil price decline should be a boost to Europe's economy. But consumers won't see the benefits of falls in commodities. Read more on this news related to 'Precipitous'