Precipitous Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- extremely steep; "an abrupt canyon"; "the precipitous rapids of the upper river"; "the precipitous hills of Chinese paintings"; "a sharp drop"
- characterized by precipices; "a precipitous bluff"
- done with very great haste and without due deliberation; "hasty marriage seldom proveth well"- Shakespeare; "hasty makeshifts take the place of planning"- Arthur Geddes; "rejected what was regarded as an overhasty plan for reconversion"; "wondered whether
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Precipitous'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Precipitous'
- Precipitous Mountains: The Precipitous Mountains are a mountain range on northern Baffin Island, Nunavut, Canada. It lies in, or near, Sirmilik National Park and is a subrange
- Precipitous Bluff: Precipitous Bluff is a geographical feature in South West Tasmania and north east of New River lagoon. It is a feature in the walk routes into the south
- Precipitous: search for Precipitous in Wikipedia to check for alternative titles or spellings. You may want to read Wiktionary's entry on "precipitous" instead. Start
Words and phrases related to 'Precipitous'