Precipitous Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- extremely steep; "an abrupt canyon"; "the precipitous rapids of the upper river"; "the precipitous hills of Chinese paintings"; "a sharp drop"
- characterized by precipices; "a precipitous bluff"
- done with very great haste and without due deliberation; "hasty marriage seldom proveth well"- Shakespeare; "hasty makeshifts take the place of planning"- Arthur Geddes; "rejected what was regarded as an overhasty plan for reconversion"; "wondered whether
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Precipitous'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Precipitous'
- Precipitous Mountains: The Precipitous Mountains are a mountain range on northern Baffin Island, Nunavut, Canada. It lies in, or near, Sirmilik National Park and is a subrange
Words and phrases related to 'Precipitous'
Precipitous Sample Sentences in News
- The precipitous fall of an Oregon governor
John Kitzhaber - one of the longest-serving governors in US history - steps down after being mired in an ethics investigation involving his fiancee. It took the US media a while to pay attention. Read more on this news related to 'Precipitous'
- Today's Top Stories
The precipitous fall of the stock market today in response to the Delhi Assembly exit polls projecting an AAP victory is a `knee-jerk re... » Read more on this news related to 'Precipitous'
- Eurozone producer prices hit by sharp drop in energy
Factory gate prices in the single currency area dropped more quickly than expected last month, dragged down by the precipitous fall in energy quotes. Read more on this news related to 'Precipitous'