Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Pounced'
- Pounced \Pounced\, a.
- Furnished with claws or talons; as, the pounced young of the eagle. --Thomson.
- Ornamented with perforations or dots. [Obs.] ``Gilt bowls pounced and pierced.'' --Holinshed.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Pounced'
Prounced is a 2 year old Son of Top Grass Sire Rahy who stands in Kentucky. Rahy is also the Sire of 2006 Champion 2 Year Old Filly Dreaming of Anna and Champion Turf Horse Fantastic Light. He is out of the regally bred Storm Cat mare Golden Cat.
On November 7, 2009 at Santa Anita Park, Pounced stalked the front-running Bridgetown for much of the race before blowing past the Florida-bred Summer Stakes winner in the closing of the race.[See more about Pounced at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Pounced'
Pounced Sample Sentences in News
- Eyewitnesses tell how tiger 'pounced' on 24-year-old zoo keeper - inquest hears
AN eyewitness has told how a Sumatran tiger 'pounced' on a zoo keeper, an inquest heard today. Read more on this news related to 'Pounced'
- Sarah McClay: Tiger 'tore through defective gate and pounced on young zoo keeper'
A tiger tore through a defective gate and pounced on a young zoo keeper before mauling her to death as she screamed for help, an inquest heard. Zoo visitor Gareth Bell watched in horror as the ferocious beast dug its jaws into Sarah McClay’s neck before dragging her inside his den. Read more on this news related to 'Pounced'
- Soccer-Maribor teen Zahovic rescues point against Sporting
(adds details) Sept 17 (Reuters) - Maribor substitute Luka Zahovic pounced on an embarrassing defensive blunder from Sporting to rescue a 1-1 draw in stoppage time against the Portuguese club in their Champions League Group G opener on Wednesday. The 18-year-old Slovenian forward headed home a loose ball in the second minute of injury time after Sporting's cen Read more on this news related to 'Pounced'