Pounce Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- the act of pouncing
- move down on as if in an attack; "The raptor swooped down on its prey"; "The teacher swooped down upon the new students"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- the act of pouncing
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Pounce'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Pounce'
- Pounce: Pounce may refer to: Pounce (calligraphy), a powder used to prevent ink from spreading and to blot up excess ink. Pounce (cat treats), a brand of cat treats
- Pounce (calligraphy): Pounce ultimately derives from the Latin for pumice via the old French word "ponce". It is a fine powder, most often made from powdered cuttlefish bone
- Pounce (mascot): For other uses, see pounce (disambiguation). Pounce is the official mascot of Georgia State University. Pounce is usually represented as a stylized panther
- Pounce (cat treats): Pounce is a line of cat treats or snacks that are manufactured by Del Monte Foods. The treats come in different flavors such as Tuna, Chicken, Seafood
- Operation Lion Pounce: Operation Lion Pounce was a series of operations conducted by the Multi-national force in and around Diwaniyah (Iraq) to disrupt, isolate and neutralize
- Pounce (art): Pouncing is an art technique used for transferring an image from one surface to another. It is similar to tracing, and is useful for creating copies of
Words and phrases related to 'Pounce'
Pounce Sample Sentences in News
- Minor Leaguers pounce on Sabathia's pitches
It's often said that Minor League hitters swing early and often, and CC Sabathia barked when his first pitch Saturday was slugged over the wall by Alen Hanson, an infielder with the Pirates' Triple-A squad. Sabathia served up two homers in a five-inning Minor League outing that he said was productive. Read more on this news related to 'Pounce'
- Why Kentucky will pounce on West Virginia for 37th straight win
Wildcats should cruise past Mountaineers. Read more on this news related to 'Pounce'
- Wales ready to 'pounce' says Davies
Jonathan Davies says Wales can "pounce" on any mistakes made by Ireland and England in the 2015 Six Nations title race. Read more on this news related to 'Pounce'