Pop Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- music of general appeal to teenagers; a bland watered-down version of rock''n''roll with more rhythm and harmony and an emphasis on romantic love
- a sharp explosive sound as from a gunshot or drawing a cork
- a sweet drink containing carbonated water and flavoring; "in New England they call sodas tonics"
- an informal term for a father; probably derived from baby talk
- burst open with a sharp, explosive sound; "The balloon popped"; "This popcorn pops quickly in the microwave oven"
- cause to burst with a lound, explosive sound; "The child popped the balloon"
- fire a weapon with a loud explosive noise; "The soldiers were popping"
- take drugs, especially orally; "The man charged with murder popped a valium to calm his nerves"
- drink down entirely; "He downed three martinis before dinner"; "She killed a bottle of brandy that night"; "They popped a few beer after work"
- hit or strike; "He popped me on the head"
- hit a pop-fly; "He popped out to shortstop"
- release suddenly; "pop the clutch"
- put or thrust suddenly and forcefully; "pop the pizza into the microwave oven"; "He popped the petit-four into his mouth"
- bulge outward; "His eyes popped"
- appear suddenly or unexpectedly; "The farm popped into view as we turned the corner"; "He suddenly popped up out of nowhere"
- make a sharp explosive noise; "The cork of the champagne bottle popped"
- cause to make a sharp explosive sound; "He popped the champagne bottle"
- (of music or art) new and of general appeal (especially among young people)
- like a pop or with a pop; "everything went pop"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- an informal term for a father; probably derived from baby talk ,
- a sweet drink containing carbonated water and flavoring; "in New England they call sodas tonics" ,
- a sharp explosive sound as from a gunshot or drawing a cork ,
- music of general appeal to teenagers; a bland watered-down version of rock'n'roll with more rhythm and harmony and an emphasis on romantic love
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Pop'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Pop'
- Pop: Pop may refer to: Pop, an informal term for father Pop, another term for soft drink Pop music, a music genre Pop (nickname), a list of people Pop (surname)
- PoP: PoP may represent: Pencils of Promise, a charity founded in 2008 by Adan Braun that builds schools in developing countries Package on package, an integrated
- Pop rock: For other uses, see Pop rock (disambiguation). Pop rock is a music genre which mixes a catchy pop style and light lyrics in its (typically) guitar-based
- Pop music: Popular music. For other uses, see Pop music (disambiguation). "Pop song" redirects here. For other uses, see Pop Song. Pop music (a term that originally derives
- Latin pop: Latin pop (Pop Latino, in Spanish) refers to pop music that contains sound or influence from Latin America but it can also mean pop music from any Spanish-speaking
- Pop punk: Pop punk (also known as punk-pop) is a fusion music genre that combines elements of punk rock with pop music to varying degrees. The music typically combines
- Dance-pop: Dance-pop is dance-oriented pop music that originated in the early 1980s. Developing from post-disco, new wave, synthpop, and electropop, it is generally
- Indie pop: the alternative rock genre. For the Indian music genre, see Indian pop. Indie pop is a genre of alternative rock music that originated in the United Kingdom
- Pop 100: The Pop 100 was a songs chart that debuted in February 2005 and was released weekly by Billboard magazine in the United States until its discontinuation
- Traditional pop music: Traditional pop (also classic pop or pop standards) music consists of Western (and particularly American) popular music that generally pre-dates the advent
Words and phrases related to 'Pop'