Pop Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- music of general appeal to teenagers; a bland watered-down version of rock''n''roll with more rhythm and harmony and an emphasis on romantic love
- a sharp explosive sound as from a gunshot or drawing a cork
- a sweet drink containing carbonated water and flavoring; "in New England they call sodas tonics"
- an informal term for a father; probably derived from baby talk
- burst open with a sharp, explosive sound; "The balloon popped"; "This popcorn pops quickly in the microwave oven"
- cause to burst with a lound, explosive sound; "The child popped the balloon"
- fire a weapon with a loud explosive noise; "The soldiers were popping"
- take drugs, especially orally; "The man charged with murder popped a valium to calm his nerves"
- drink down entirely; "He downed three martinis before dinner"; "She killed a bottle of brandy that night"; "They popped a few beer after work"
- hit or strike; "He popped me on the head"
- hit a pop-fly; "He popped out to shortstop"
- release suddenly; "pop the clutch"
- put or thrust suddenly and forcefully; "pop the pizza into the microwave oven"; "He popped the petit-four into his mouth"
- bulge outward; "His eyes popped"
- appear suddenly or unexpectedly; "The farm popped into view as we turned the corner"; "He suddenly popped up out of nowhere"
- make a sharp explosive noise; "The cork of the champagne bottle popped"
- cause to make a sharp explosive sound; "He popped the champagne bottle"
- (of music or art) new and of general appeal (especially among young people)
- like a pop or with a pop; "everything went pop"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- an informal term for a father; probably derived from baby talk ,
- a sweet drink containing carbonated water and flavoring; "in New England they call sodas tonics" ,
- a sharp explosive sound as from a gunshot or drawing a cork ,
- music of general appeal to teenagers; a bland watered-down version of rock'n'roll with more rhythm and harmony and an emphasis on romantic love
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Pop'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Pop'
- Pop: Pop is an onomatopoeic word for a small explosion. It may also refer to: Father Soft drink Pop music, a music genre Pop (nickname) Pop (surname), a
- Pop music: Popular music. For other uses, see Pop music (disambiguation). "Pop song" redirects here. For other uses, see Pop Song. Pop music is a genre of popular music
- Indie pop: the alternative rock genre. For the Indian music genre, see Indian pop. Indie pop is a subgenre and subculture of alternative/indie rock that originated
- Pop rock: other uses, see Pop rock (disambiguation). Pop rock is rock music with a lighter, smoother approach that is more reminiscent of commercial pop music. Originating
- Pop art: article is about the art movement. For other uses, see Pop art (disambiguation). Pop art is an art movement that emerged in the mid-1950s in
- Latin pop: Latin pop (Spanish and Portuguese: Pop latino) refers to pop music that contains sounds or influence from Latin America, but it can also mean pop music
- Dance-pop: Dance-pop is a pop and dance subgenre that originated in the early 1980s. It is generally up-tempo music intended for nightclubs with the intention of
- K-pop: redirects here. For other uses, see KPOP (disambiguation). K-pop (abbreviation of Korean pop; Hangul: 케이팝) is a musical genre originating in South Korea
- Pop punk: Pop punk (also known as punk-pop) is a punk rock music genre and a fusion genre that combines elements of punk rock with elements of pop music. Pop punk
- Psychedelic pop: Psychedelic pop is a pop music subgenre in which musical characteristics associated with psychedelic music are applied to pop songs. This includes "trippy"
Words and phrases related to 'Pop'