Playground Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- yard consisting of an outdoor area for children''s play
- an area where many people go for recreation
Definitions from Wiktionary
- an area where many people go for recreation ,
- yard consisting of an outdoor area for children's play
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Playground'?
Playground Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
A playground is an area used by children to play in. They usually have equipment such as slides, swings and seesaws for children to play on. They are usually outside, but sometimes they are in a building.
The equipment may be made of metal, wood or plastic. The ground beneath the equipment will not be hard in case a child falls. It may be a rubber floor, or there may be woodchips or sand.
Words and phrases related to 'Playground'
Playground Sample Sentences in News
- Cops: Man grabbed boy, girl during recess on West Lawn playground
Chicago police are warning residents of the West Lawn neighborhood about a man who pulled a boy off playground equipment and grabbed and hugged a girl during recess at a school. Read more on this news related to 'Playground'
- Iconic Knoxville playground renovated by volunteers; kids invited to add what they want
On Saturday, Sept. 20 from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., volunteers will paint, remove weeds and spread pea gravel and mulch. Read more on this news related to 'Playground'
- Playground for kids of all abilities to open soon at Memorial Park in Lower Makefield
LOWER MAKEFIELD –A new all-inclusive playground nears completion at Memorial Park, the site of the 9-11 Garden of Reflection on Woodside Road. Read more on this news related to 'Playground'