Playground Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- yard consisting of an outdoor area for children''s play
- an area where many people go for recreation
Definitions from Wiktionary
- an area where many people go for recreation ,
- yard consisting of an outdoor area for children's play
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Playground'?
Playground Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
A playground is an area used by children to play in. They usually have equipment such as slides, swings and seesaws for children to play on. They are usually outside, but sometimes they are in a building.
The equipment may be made of metal, wood or plastic. The ground beneath the equipment will not be hard in case a child falls. It may be a rubber floor, or there may be woodchips or sand.
Words and phrases related to 'Playground'
Playground Sample Sentences in News
- New playground to open in Forsyth Park
SAVANNAH, Ga. (WJCL) Savannah’s children will soon have a new place to play. The Rotary Club of Savannah broke ground Monday on a new all ac… Read more on this news related to 'Playground'
- Playground for kids of all abilities to open soon at Memorial Park in Lower Makefield
LOWER MAKEFIELD –A new all-inclusive playground nears completion at Memorial Park, the site of the 9-11 Garden of Reflection on Woodside Road. Read more on this news related to 'Playground'
- S.F. school playground could rise to new heights
Real estate in San Francisco’s Mission District is so hot that a developer is offering to raise a school playground 15 feet above ground level so the 10-story condo complex the firm is building won’t cast a shadow on the kids during recess. Or as project spokesman Joe Arellano likes to put it: “alleviate public safety and quality-of-life concerns that confro Read more on this news related to 'Playground'