Playground Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- yard consisting of an outdoor area for children''s play
- an area where many people go for recreation
Definitions from Wiktionary
- an area where many people go for recreation ,
- yard consisting of an outdoor area for children's play
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Playground'?
Playground Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
A playground is an area used by children to play in. They usually have equipment such as slides, swings and seesaws for children to play on. They are usually outside, but sometimes they are in a building.
The equipment may be made of metal, wood or plastic. The ground beneath the equipment will not be hard in case a child falls. It may be a rubber floor, or there may be woodchips or sand.
Words and phrases related to 'Playground'
Playground Sample Sentences in News
- Rules your kid needs to follow in the playground
It’s not about being neurotic; it’s about being safe rather than sorry. Read more on this news related to 'Playground'
- Playground reopens with bright new look
Ethan King wore a look of concentration as he made his way up the brightly colored new piece of playground equipment in Fighting Creek Park last week. Read more on this news related to 'Playground'
- Students, community, overjoyed by opening of new school playground in Halifax
Nearly 100 children bumped elbows, fidgeted their hands and pointed fingers at the new red and blue playground before their eyes. “Five, four, three, two, one,” the students shouted, then burst into cheers as the blue and white ribbons were … Continue Reading Read more on this news related to 'Playground'