Playground Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- yard consisting of an outdoor area for children''s play
- an area where many people go for recreation
Definitions from Wiktionary
- an area where many people go for recreation ,
- yard consisting of an outdoor area for children's play
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Playground'?
Playground Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
A playground is an area used by children to play in. They usually have equipment such as slides, swings and seesaws for children to play on. They are usually outside, but sometimes they are in a building.
The equipment may be made of metal, wood or plastic. The ground beneath the equipment will not be hard in case a child falls. It may be a rubber floor, or there may be woodchips or sand.
Words and phrases related to 'Playground'
Playground Sample Sentences in News
- Steveston playground eyed for change
A third million-dollar playground could soon slide into Richmond—this time in Steveston—as park planners prepare to swing the idea past council. Read more on this news related to 'Playground'
- Stevensville Playground group finds new partner in Watkins
STEVENSVILLE - In their quest to bring accessible, innovative play to all the children of Stevensville and the Bitterroot Valley, Bear Mountain Playground in Lewis and Clark Park has a new partner. Read more on this news related to 'Playground'
- Kenyan school kids tear-gassed protesting playground removal: activist
Kenyan police Monday tear-gassed schoolchildren demonstrating against the removal of their school's playground, which has been allegedly grabbed by a powerful politician, said a Kenyan human rights activist. Read more on this news related to 'Playground'