Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Pinned'
Pinned Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a piece of jewelry that is pinned onto the wearer's garment
- when a wrestler's shoulders are forced to the mat [syn: fall]
- small markers inserted into a surface to mark scores or define locations etc. [syn: peg]
- a number you choose and use to gain access to various accounts [syn: personal identification number, PIN number}]
- informal terms of the leg; "fever left him weak on his sticks" [syn: peg, stick]
- axis consisting of a short shaft that supports something that turns [syn: pivot]
- cylindrical tumblers consisting of two parts that are held in place by springs; when they are aligned with a key the bolt can be thrown
- flagpole used to mark the position of the hole on a golf green [syn: flag]
- a small slender (often pointed) piece of wood or metal used to support or fasten or attach things
- a holder attached to the gunwale of a boat that holds the oar in place and acts as a fulcrum for rowing [syn: peg, thole, tholepin, rowlock, oarlock] 1
- a club-shaped wooden object used in bowling; set up in groups as a target [syn: bowling pin] v
- to hold fast or prevent from moving; "The child was pinned under the fallen tree" [syn: trap, immobilize, immobilise]
- attach or fasten with pins [ant: unpin]
- pierce with a pin; "pin down the butterfly"
- immobilize a piece [also: pinning, pinned]
adj : fastened with a pin or staple; "the stapled papers" [syn: stapled]
220 catflap.bishopston.net dictd 1.11.2/rf on FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Pinned'
- Pinned down: "Pinned down" is a common military term for a unit that is currently being ... htm+%2B%22pinned+down%22+%2B%22suppressed+by+enemy+fire%22&hl ...