Pineal Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- having the form of a pine cone
- relating to the pineal body; "pineal hormone"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Pineal'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Pineal'
- Pineal gland: The pineal gland, also known as the pineal body, conarium or epiphysis cerebri, is a small endocrine gland in the vertebrate brain. It produces melatonin
- Pinealectomy: Pinealectomy is a surgical procedure in which the pineal gland is removed. Hypophysectomy Thyroidectomy Adrenalectomy
- Journal of Pineal Research: Journal of Pineal Research is a peer-reviewed scientific journal covering research on the pineal gland and its hormonal products, chiefly melatonin, in
- Pineal gland cyst: A pineal gland cyst is a usually benign (non-malignant) cyst in the pineal gland, a small endocrine gland in the brain. Historically, these fluid-filled
- Pinealoma: Pinealoma is a tumor of the pineal gland. The pineal gland produces the hormone melatonin which plays a role in regulating circadian rhythms. A pinealoma
- Papillary tumors of the pineal region: Papillary Tumors of the Pineal Region are located on the pineal gland which is located in the center of the brain. The pineal gland is located on roof