Pineal Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- having the form of a pine cone
- relating to the pineal body; "pineal hormone"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Pineal'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Pineal'
- Pineal gland: The pineal gland, also known as the pineal body, conarium or epiphysis cerebri, is a small endocrine gland in the vertebrate brain. It produces melatonin
- Journal of Pineal Research: Journal of Pineal Research is a peer-reviewed scientific journal covering research on the pineal gland and its hormonal products, chiefly melatonin, in
- Pineal gland cyst: A pineal gland cyst is a usually benign cyst in the pineal gland, a small endocrine system gland in the brain. Historically, these fluid-filled bodies
- Pinealectomy: Pinealectomy is a surgical procedure in which the pineal gland is removed. Hypophysectomy Thyroidectomy Adrenalectomy
- Pinealoma: Pinealoma is a tumor of the pineal gland. The pineal gland produces the hormone melatonin which plays a role in regulating circadian rhythms. A pinealoma
- Papillary tumors of the pineal region: Papillary Tumors of the Pineal Region are located on the pineal gland which is located in the center of the brain. The pineal gland is located on roof
Pineal Sample Sentences in News
- No current Pineal news