Phono Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Phono'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Phono'
- Phono: Phono may refer to: Phone (phonetics), speech sound, gesture or segment Phonograph, regularly abbreviated to phono on buttons and jacks of audio equipment
- Phono-Comb: Phono-Comb was a Canadian instrumental/modern surf rock group that formed in 1993 in Toronto. Phono-Comb first materialized when Shadowy Men on a Shadowy
- Phonophobia: For the aversion to specific sounds, such as eating or coughing, see Misophonia. Phonophobia, also called ligyrophobia or sonophobia, is a fear of loud
- Phono-semantic matching: Phono-semantic matching (PSM) is a linguistic term referring to camouflaged borrowing in which a foreign word is matched with a phonetically and semantically
- Phonograph: low-end and mid-range amplifiers omit the phono input; but on the other hand, low-end turntables with built-in phono pre-amplifiers are widely available. Some
Phono Sample Sentences in News
- Don Lindich's Sound Advice: SVS Speakers deliver quality home theater system
Q. I decided to pull out my old Technics SL-B20 turntable and hook it up to the phono input on my Pioneer SC-25 receiver. Unfortunately, very, very, little sound comes out of the speakers. I am guessing this is because the receiver doesn't have a “preamp” for the turntable. Read more on this news related to 'Phono'
- Joseph Grado, Inventor and Founder of Headphone Manufacturer Grado Labs, Has Died
Photo via Grado Labs Joseph Grado, audio engineer, inventor, and founder of the Brooklyn headphone manufacturers Grado Labs , passed away in South Carolina on Friday, Billboard reports . He was 90. Grado started out as a watchmaker, but moved into audio engineering, inventing the stereo moving coil phono turntable cartridge in the early 1950s. In 1953, he opened a Read more on this news related to 'Phono'