Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Perpetuation'
Perpetuation Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : the act of prolonging something; "there was an indefinite
prolongation of the peace talks" [syn: prolongation, protraction,
- Perpetuation \Per*pet`u*a"tion\, n. [Cf. F. perp['e]tuation.]
The act of making perpetual, or of preserving from extinction
through an endless existence, or for an indefinite period of
time; continuance. --Sir T. Browne.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Perpetuation'
- On the Tendency of Species to form Varieties; and on the Perpetuation of Varieties and Species by Natural Means of Selection: On the Tendency of Species to form Varieties; and on the Perpetuation of Varieties ... the appearance and perpetuation of varieties and of ...
Words and phrases related to 'Perpetuation'
Perpetuation Sample Sentences in News
- Hundreds and thousands from hell
Facebook is responsible for a great many evils, amongst them passive-aggressive status updates, the perpetuation of hoaxes of all kinds, the inability to ignore the religious proclivities of your relatives, and (looks sideways with a rather guilty expression) Too Many Baby Photos. But one thing it is useful for is providing a feed of interesting internet tidbits a Read more on this news related to 'Perpetuation'
- Avoiding the road to hell
Our country’s failure to take-off is attributed to our weak institutions. We were in a growth trajectory and were poised to be the newest tiger in Asia in 1997. But the perpetuation of cronyism and political patronage by the succeeding administration stemmed the tide. Instead of the rule of law, government followed the rule of personalities where policies, l Read more on this news related to 'Perpetuation'
- It's a Myth! Don't Believe That De-identification Doesn't Protect Privacy- It Does!
TORONTO, June 16, 2014 /CNW/ - Properly applied de-identification is an effective tool to protect privacy, but recent criticisms have suggested the opposite. The perpetuation of this myth has the potential to adversely impact health research, innovation and Big Data insights. In... Read more on this news related to 'Perpetuation'