Pernicious Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- working or spreading in a hidden and usually injurious way; "glaucoma is an insidious disease"; "a subtle poison"
- exceedingly harmful
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Pernicious'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Pernicious'
- Pernicious: Pernicious is an American supernatural horror film directed by James Cullen Bressack , who also wrote the story along with co-writer ...
- Pernicious anemia: Pernicious anemia (also known as Biermer's anemia, Addison's anemia, or Addison–Biermer anemia) is one of many types of the larger family ...
- Pernicious number: In number theory , a pernicious number is a positive integer where the Hamming weight (or digit sum ) of its binary representation is ...
- Pernicious (disambiguation): Pernicious is a 2014 horror film. Pernicious may also refer to: The Pernicious Enigma , the second studio album by the British doom metal ...
- The Pernicious Enigma: The Pernicious Enigma is the second studio album by the British doom metal band Esoteric . It was released in 1997 through Aesthetic ...
Words and phrases related to 'Pernicious'
Pernicious Sample Sentences in News
- New York’s most pernicious monopoly
Gov. Cuomo may have made his greatest contribution to education reform when he rightly called our public schools “one of the only remaining public monopolies.” Back when Ma Bell had... Read more on this news related to 'Pernicious'
- BEWARE THE POLITICAL SLATE MAILERS
There are a lot of pernicious, deceitful things in politics these days. One of those pernicious and deceitful things is called a slate mailer. Voters need to be wary when one shows up in the mailbox. Read more on this news related to 'Pernicious'
- Point of View: Amendment 3 a pernicious power grab by Legislature
You’ve got to admire the Florida Legislature for its creativity in inventing ways to circumvent democracy and minimize the power of the people’s vote. Read more on this news related to 'Pernicious'