Pernicious Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- working or spreading in a hidden and usually injurious way; "glaucoma is an insidious disease"; "a subtle poison"
- exceedingly harmful
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Pernicious'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Pernicious'
- Pernicious: For other uses, see Pernicious (disambiguation). Pernicious is an American supernatural horror film directed by James Cullen Bressack, who also wrote
- Pernicious anemia: For the disease affecting the adrenal glands, see Addison's disease. Pernicious anemia (also known as Biermer's anemia, Addison's anemia, or Addison–Biermer
- Pernicious number: a pernicious number is a positive integer where the Hamming weight (or digit sum) of its binary representation is prime. The first pernicious number
- The Pernicious Enigma: The Pernicious Enigma is the second studio album by the British doom metal band Esoteric. It was released in 1997 through Aesthetic Death Records. The
- Pernicious (disambiguation): Pernicious is a 2014 horror film. Pernicious may also refer to: The Pernicious Enigma, the second studio album by the British doom metal band Esoteric
Words and phrases related to 'Pernicious'
Pernicious Sample Sentences in News
- The new scientific revolution: Reproducibility at last
The scientific community is confronting a pernicious issue: experiments that can?t be replicated. Read more on this news related to 'Pernicious'
- Tuberculosis genomes track human history
A pernicious family of TB strains emerged in Asia more than 6,000 years ago. Read more on this news related to 'Pernicious'
- City Council Weighs Banning Credit Checks On Job Applicants
The city council is moving toward abolishing the pernicious practice of allowing employers to run credit checks on prospective hires. [ more › ] Read more on this news related to 'Pernicious'