Pernicious Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- working or spreading in a hidden and usually injurious way; "glaucoma is an insidious disease"; "a subtle poison"
- exceedingly harmful
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Pernicious'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Pernicious'
- Pernicious: Pernicious is an American supernatural horror film directed by James Cullen Bressack , who also wrote the story along with co-writer ...
- Pernicious anemia: Pernicious anemia (also known as Biermer's anemia, Addison's anemia, or Addison–Biermer anemia) is one of many types of the larger family ...
- Pernicious number: In number theory , a pernicious number is a positive integer where the Hamming weight (or digit sum ) of its binary representation is ...
- Pernicious (disambiguation): Pernicious is a 2014 horror film. Pernicious may also refer to: The Pernicious Enigma , the second studio album by the British doom metal ...
- The Pernicious Enigma: The Pernicious Enigma is the second studio album by the British doom metal band Esoteric . It was released in 1997 through Aesthetic ...
Words and phrases related to 'Pernicious'
Pernicious Sample Sentences in News
- Death panels: It was a big lie. Repairs on way. (Editorial)
The most pernicious lie of the campaign of Obamacare: Death panels. Read more on this news related to 'Pernicious'
- Sculpted to perfection
THE ancient Greeks had the benefit of the original Mediterranean diet and were free of more pernicious imports from the Americas. Read more on this news related to 'Pernicious'
- Chicago Cardinal George's bleak vision of the future gets bleaker still
It is unfortunate that Chicago's Cardinal Francis George is beset with a kind of pernicious paranoia. In 2012, he wrote that he expects die in bed, that his successor will likely die in prison and the following archbishop will be executed in public. Read more on this news related to 'Pernicious'