Pernicious Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- working or spreading in a hidden and usually injurious way; "glaucoma is an insidious disease"; "a subtle poison"
- exceedingly harmful
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Pernicious'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Pernicious'
- Pernicious: Pernicious is an American supernatural horror film directed by James Cullen Bressack , who also wrote the story along with co-writer ...
- Pernicious anemia: Pernicious anemia (also known as Biermer's anemia, Addison's anemia, or Addison–Biermer anemia) is one of many types of the larger family ...
- Pernicious number: In number theory , a pernicious number is a positive integer where the Hamming weight (or digit sum ) of its binary representation is ...
- Pernicious (disambiguation): Pernicious is a 2014 horror film. Pernicious may also refer to: The Pernicious Enigma , the second studio album by the British doom metal ...
- The Pernicious Enigma: The Pernicious Enigma is the second studio album by the British doom metal band Esoteric . It was released in 1997 through Aesthetic ...
Words and phrases related to 'Pernicious'
Pernicious Sample Sentences in News
- Herts MEP: 'Use credit unions over payday lenders'
Hertfordshire Euro MP Richard Howitt has urged borrowers in need of short-term credit to look at a local not-for-profit alternative to the "pernicious" payday lenders. Read more on this news related to 'Pernicious'
- Tiny louse that destroys Japanese knotweed to be released into the wild
Britain's most pernicious invasive plant, Japanese knotweed, may have finally met its match in a two millimetre-long insect, Aphalara itadori. The plant louse inhibits the growth of the invasive plant. Read more on this news related to 'Pernicious'
- From Public Citizen: Top 10 Most Pernicious Investor-State Dispute Settlement Lawsuits
The Investor-State Dispute Settlement (ISDS) under TTP and TTIP erodes state sovereignty and the ability of states to protect citizens. Read more on this news related to 'Pernicious'