Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Perambulator'
Perambulator Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : a small vehicle with four wheels in which a baby or child is
pushed around [syn: baby buggy, baby carriage, carriage,
pram, stroller, go-cart, pushchair, pusher]
- Perambulator \Per*am"bu*la`tor\, n.
- One who perambulates.
- A surveyor's instrument for measuring distances. It consists of a wheel arranged to roll along over the ground, with an apparatus of clockwork, and a dial plate upon which the distance traveled is shown by an index. See Odometer.
- A low carriage for a child, propelled by pushing.
- Ambulator \Am"bu*la`tor\, n.
- One who walks about; a walker.
- (Zo["o]l.) (a) A beetle of the genus Lamia. (b) A genus of birds, or one of this genus.
- An instrument for measuring distances; -- called also perambulator. --Knight.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Perambulator'
- Perambulator: Perambulator may refer to. a kind of baby transport a surveyor's wheel -
- The Paths of the Perambulator: The Paths of the Perambulator (1985 ) is a fantasy novel written by Alan Dean Foster . The book follows the continuing adventures of ...
Words and phrases related to 'Perambulator'
Perambulator Sample Sentences in News
- Mum's the word at park pram jam
A DAY of bright spring sunshine sparked this pram parade in the city's Kelvingrove Park. And, just like today, every mum wanted the latest perambulator. Read more on this news related to 'Perambulator'