Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Perambulator'
Perambulator Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : a small vehicle with four wheels in which a baby or child is
pushed around [syn: baby buggy, baby carriage, carriage,
pram, stroller, go-cart, pushchair, pusher]
- Perambulator \Per*am"bu*la`tor\, n.
- One who perambulates.
- A surveyor's instrument for measuring distances. It consists of a wheel arranged to roll along over the ground, with an apparatus of clockwork, and a dial plate upon which the distance traveled is shown by an index. See Odometer.
- A low carriage for a child, propelled by pushing.
- Ambulator \Am"bu*la`tor\, n.
- One who walks about; a walker.
- (Zo["o]l.) (a) A beetle of the genus Lamia. (b) A genus of birds, or one of this genus.
- An instrument for measuring distances; -- called also perambulator. --Knight.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Perambulator'
- Perambulator: Perambulator may refer to. a kind of baby transport a surveyor's wheel -
- The Paths of the Perambulator: The Paths of the Perambulator (1985 ) is a fantasy novel written by Alan Dean Foster . The book follows the continuing adventures of ...