Pensive Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- showing pensive sadness; "the sensitive and wistful response of a poet to the gentler phases of beauty"
- persistently or morbidly thoughtful
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Pensive'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Pensive'
- Pensive: about the racehorse Pensive. For the magical item in the Harry Potter stories, see Pensieve. For the word refer to Wiktionary. Pensive (1941–49) was a bright
- Pensive Christ: The Pensive Christ or Christus im Elend ("Christ in Distress" in German) is a subject in Christian iconography depicting a contemplating Jesus, sitting
Words and phrases related to 'Pensive'
Pensive Sample Sentences in News
- Artist of the Week: David Shaw showcases his passion in "Ages of Wisdom" series
LAS CRUCES >> His camera has caputred a pensive moment with an elegant woman on horseback, a surreal, sepia-toned study of a nude napping on a couch with an ornamented skull, tiny tots playing Read more on this news related to 'Pensive'
- Indian Valley Character Counts! Coalition hosts heroin discussion at Indian Crest Middle School
Franconia Pensive looks seemed to occupy the faces of parents, students and community members during a forum on heroin and illegal narcotics at Indian Crest Middle School March 12. Read more on this news related to 'Pensive'
- Obama Face ‘Watermark’ Found In NASA Animation Of Dwarf Planet Ceres — What Is NASA Up To This Time?
UFO hunters have spotted the pensive face of President Barack Obama in an animation of the dwarf planet Ceres by NASA. And as UFO Sightings Daily editor Scott Warring admits, the big face on Ceres bears a remarkable resemblance to President Barack Obama’s pensive face as shown in the photo above. But while Waring thinks Obama Face ‘Watermark’ Found In NASA A Read more on this news related to 'Pensive'