Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Penetrative'
Penetrative Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions; "an acute observer of politics and politicians"; "incisive comments"; "icy knifelike reasoning"; "as sharp and incisive as the stroke of a fang"; "penetrating insight"; "frequent penetrative observations" [syn: acute, discriminating, incisive, keen, knifelike, penetrating, piercing, sharp]
- tending to penetrate; having the power of entering or piercing; "a toxic penetrative spray applied to the surface"; "a cold penetrating wind"; "a penetrating odor" [syn: penetrating]
- Penetrative \Pen"e*tra*tive\, a. [Cf. F. p['e]n['e]tratif.]
- Tending to penetrate; of a penetrating quality; piercing; as, the penetrative sun. His look became keen and penetrative. --Hawthorne.
- Having the power to affect or impress the mind or heart; impressive; as, penetrative shame. --Shak.
- Acute; discerning; sagacious; as, penetrative wisdom. ``The penetrative eye.'' --Wordsworth. Led on by skill of penetrative soul. --Grainger.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Penetrative'
- Non-penetrative sex: Non-penetrative sex (also known as outercourse, petting, heavy petting, dry sex, and dry humping) is sexual activity without vagina l, ...
Words and phrases related to 'Penetrative'
Penetrative Sample Sentences in News
- Wenger - Youth team can go all the way
'The basis of the team is still there and we look like we have the penetrative power to make a difference' Read more on this news related to 'Penetrative'