Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Penetrative'
Penetrative Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions; "an acute observer of politics and politicians"; "incisive comments"; "icy knifelike reasoning"; "as sharp and incisive as the stroke of a fang"; "penetrating insight"; "frequent penetrative observations" [syn: acute, discriminating, incisive, keen, knifelike, penetrating, piercing, sharp]
- tending to penetrate; having the power of entering or piercing; "a toxic penetrative spray applied to the surface"; "a cold penetrating wind"; "a penetrating odor" [syn: penetrating]
- Penetrative \Pen"e*tra*tive\, a. [Cf. F. p['e]n['e]tratif.]
- Tending to penetrate; of a penetrating quality; piercing; as, the penetrative sun. His look became keen and penetrative. --Hawthorne.
- Having the power to affect or impress the mind or heart; impressive; as, penetrative shame. --Shak.
- Acute; discerning; sagacious; as, penetrative wisdom. ``The penetrative eye.'' --Wordsworth. Led on by skill of penetrative soul. --Grainger.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Penetrative'
- Non-penetrative sex: Non-penetrative sex (also known as outercourse, petting, heavy petting, dry sex, and dry humping) is sexual activity without vagina l, ...
Words and phrases related to 'Penetrative'